Fairburn: Singletary officially out this week

DCOrange

58 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Unfortunate.  No such thing as a gimmie game in the NFL, esp if you are the Bills.  The 49ers crushed the Bengals with a running attack, mostly off tackle, Singletary wil be sorely missed imo.

If the team is any good it shouldn’t impact them that much. They should be able to build a successful offensive game plan without him and the defense should be able to take care of their end especially at home. Whether they do or not is the question but there is a reason the Vegas line hasn’t moved. Typically the only injury that moves the line is QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I like what he can do as a pass-catcher, seems to be pretty good at finding ways to get open. Former second-round pick, I thought he'd be a tad more productive than he has been but he's another 'Bama RB that had the benefit of a monster OL in front of him.

I think he’ll have a solid game this week. I’m going to guess at least 70 combined yards and more than 5 receptions. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Let him heal up, don't rush back from something like a hammy or else it could turn into a season-long thing that slows him down. Credit to the team's medical staff, as well. Doesn't appear they're in the business of rushing players through a half-assed rehab process just to get them on the field. Seems like they're very well-organized in terms of rehab plans and timelines for returns. Knox missed most of camp with a hammy, came back ready for the season, and the injury doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. I'd rather have a full-go #26 for the Pats than an injured one for the Bengals.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm interested to see what Yeldon can do.

Good pass catcher. Unfortunately I was hoping for singletary to play.

Watching the Cin v 9ers game,  Cin defense was really exploited by speed to the edge and elusiveness outside all game. 

I’d suggest this exact injury is a case why I wished  McCoy would have been kept over Yeldon, but it’s time to move on....

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wonder if any of the WRs on the roster can play RB, like Maybe Roberts can  do a Ty Montgomery impression, if he’s ready to play... 

Im sure we’ll see some jet sweeps with McKenzie if we feel we can attack the edge with speed. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im sure we’ll see some jet sweeps with McKenzie if we feel we can attack the edge with speed. 

Yeah that’s there too. I wonder why they don’t jets sweep Foster or Brown.  They’re the fastest right? 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Me too.  I really want him back for @TEN, which feels like a game that could go either way.

Mariota is another QB I think our guy is passing or has passed. He’s looked aweful. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood