Fairburn: Singletary officially out this week

DCOrange

I think we have a consensus here.  Get through the Cincinnati game with a win while resting T Johnson and Singletary, then play NE at full health, or as close to that as possible.  It helps that New England is beat up on their offensive line, enough that Brady is pleading for the officials to let the replacements hold so he has time to pass.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Let him heal up, don't rush back from something like a hammy or else it could turn into a season-long thing that slows him down. Credit to the team's medical staff, as well. Doesn't appear they're in the business of rushing players through a half-assed rehab process just to get them on the field. Seems like they're very well-organized in terms of rehab plans and timelines for returns. Knox missed most of camp with a hammy, came back ready for the season, and the injury doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. I'd rather have a full-go #26 for the Pats than an injured one for the Bengals.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm interested to see what Yeldon can do.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Let him heal up, don't rush back from something like a hammy or else it could turn into a season-long thing that slows him down. Credit to the team's medical staff, as well. Doesn't appear they're in the business of rushing players through a half-assed rehab process just to get them on the field. Seems like they're very well-organized in terms of rehab plans and timelines for returns. Knox missed most of camp with a hammy, came back ready for the season, though, and the injury doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. I'd rather have a full-go #26 for the Pats than an injured one for the Bengals.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm interested to see what Yeldon can do.

You are not the only one. You could see him get a shot out of a cannon this week. 

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Unfortunate.  No such thing as a gimmie game in the NFL, esp if you are the Bills.  The 49ers crushed the Bengals with a running attack, mostly off tackle, Singletary wil be sorely missed imo.

Miami will be as close as there is such a thing this year... even then it becomes a dangerous trap game to teams looking ahead. Much like the Bungles are for us this week.