Coming to Buffalo's Silo City area in 2021

PromoTheRobot

They could probably make a few bucks now letting people on top of the grain elevators, and golfing range balls down onto the unsuspecting public.  Similar to Pilot Field at opening, when a shot into left field would land on the Oak St. ramp to the I-190.  A net went up rather quickly.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They could probably make a few bucks now letting people on top of the grain elevators, and golfing range balls down onto the unsuspecting public.  Similar to Pilot Field at opening, when a shot into left field would land on the Oak St. ramp to the I-190.  A net went up rather quickly.  ?

Nah, drive them the other way and see if you can hit a soldier in the fort.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

They had a home run derby there a few years back and one batter kept driving them over the net into the parking lot of the DOT

One of the owners of RiverWorks is the big "driver" behind this complex and it's already fully funded...

Riverworks is fantastic, guys at the General Mills plant will have to fight some traffic to get to work.  Who would have thought that area would ever develop into this?

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/20/golf-comes-to-downtown-waterfront-in-30m-project/

It will feature a long driving range with 72 stacked hitting bays on a four-story structure, topped by a six-story hotel with at least 120 rooms, a sports bar and restaurant, and meeting space. The range, with 11 bright-red target greens, will be enclosed by a giant wall of fabric and netting to keep the balls inside, and to shield golfers from the elements.

Meanwhile, OnCore Buffalo officials are considering a range of other sports and entertainment ideas for the rest of the land, including year-round indoor surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding, as well as additional bays for simulated baseball, basketball, hockey and archery competitions.

Edited by ricojes

A last minute job I was called for a few years back resulted in my being the watchman on a Great Lakes freighter in winter lay up.  The boat was moored in what is called the ship channel in Toronto’s Port Lands district, the Cherry St. lift bridge crosses it.  The boat was directly across the channel from ‘The Docks Driving Range’, and I found a few range balls on the deck, although I never did see or hear anyone taking aim at the boat.  Based upon geography, the boat was astern and 180 degrees from the direction golfers were intended on using the driving range, so it wasn’t a case of a really bad hook or slice.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Nah, drive them the other way and see if you can hit a soldier in the fort.

If you’re referring to Fort Erie, you’ll need John Daly, Kyle Berkshire, or Tim Burke...or one of those automatic ball driving machines wired for 110 volts, and plugged into a 220 volt outlet.  ?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A last minute job I was called for a few years back resulted in my being the watchman on a Great Lakes freighter in winter lay up.  The boat was moored in what is called the ship channel in Toronto’s Port Lands district, the Cherry St. lift bridge crosses it.  The boat was directly across the channel from ‘The Docks Driving Range’, and I found a few range balls on the deck, although I never did see or hear anyone taking aim at the boat.  Based upon geography, the boat was astern and 180 degrees from the direction golfers were intended on using the driving range, so it wasn’t a case of a really bad hook or slice.

@ExiledInIllinois will be with you shortly to discuss boats and water.............

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ricojes said:

Meanwhile, OnCore Buffalo officials are considering a range of other sports and entertainment ideas for the rest of the land, including year-round indoor surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding, as well as additional bays for simulated baseball, basketball, hockey and archery competitions.

How about an indoor stadium/conference center? Maybe one that seats about 60,000?

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if TopGolf does not have a patent on the technology, or if they do, how this company got around it?  Either way cool for it to be coming to Buffalo.  I have to believe the tee boxes are going to have overhead heaters in order to extend the season as much as possible(April to October?).

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

@ExiledInIllinois will be with you shortly to discuss boats and water.............

Right on! BFLo was built for one thing.  Everything else is grasping at straws.

Here's a novel idea.  Use grain elevators as grain elevators.  We have grain elevators in Chicago.  What the hell happened, they were invented in Buffalo... Or yeah... transportation, break in bulk is streamlined, automated... Ooops... Now we have to hitch our horses to an unsustainable tourism industry.  Like the poster above said... A Fortune 500 company would go far towards sustainability... At least one!

But, then again, I am not an economist.  But... I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express in snowy Duluth, Minnesota one time where I had my economic epiphany!  LMAO

March on!  Hit golf balls to F.Erie!

I hate to be a naysayer... Because it really breaks my heart... I am really pulling for the nascent tourism industry.  There is hope.  They ski in Dubai... One of the hottest places on earth.  We can surely hit golf balls during a Blizzard... 

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

How about an indoor stadium/conference center? Maybe one that seats about 60,000?

And more hotel beds... I guess this helps with the bed problem.

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Big corporations are evil!  Ban capitalism!!!

I know your joking... LoL...

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If you’re referring to Fort Erie, you’ll need John Daly, Kyle Berkshire, or Tim Burke...or one of those automatic ball driving machines wired for 110 volts, and plugged into a 220 volt outlet.  ?

Nah, I just a chipping wedge and a light breeze and they will be ducking for cover