Fight between Bills and Jets Fans

mykidsdad

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah. I get everything you said. But based on what police wear in this country, those would be considered dress uniforms. And unless you’ve ever ran to a situation dressed like that vs dressed in the tactical type clothing that cops here wear, you don’t know what your talking about. 

Again, it would be about comfort as well. Wearing that all day long, 8 or 16 hours, I could see myself being super uncomfortable throughout the day. Not to mention hot. 

Yeah, yeah, they look better. Great. Looking better serves no purpose as far as police work. 

Yeah, but keep in mind that crime in Milan is much different than Chicago or opioid ravaged middle America. They spend much more time standing around looking cool in their uniforms. When big things do down over there, they do bring out guys in tactical clothing. You’ll see it in the videos of riots and such that take place in the streets of Italy. 

Edited by SirAndrew

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Not funny...but a little excessive.

It's all good.

Just a lesson learned about scouting ahead to see where the chuckle heads sit when visiting another team's stadium, or go in with an army :)

Edited by WideNine

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, but keep in mind that crime in Milan is much different than Chicago or opioid ravaged middle America. They spend much more time standing around looking cool in their uniforms. When big things do down over there, they do bring out guys in tactical clothing. You’ll see it in the videos of riots and such that take place in the streets of Italy. 

So what your saying is they are basically the same thing as mall cops and meter maids then? 

Your missing the point. If something does happen and they are around they are at a disadvantage. 

Its fine if they want to look pretty in uniform. I’d prefer my police to look prepared. 

Just now, WideNine said:

It's all good.

Just a lesson learned about scouting ahead to see where the chuckle heads sit. When visiting another team's stadium, or go in with an army :)

I will remember that. I have been going to Wrigley Field as a Met fan with no trouble. Football is a whole different animal.

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

So what your saying is they are basically the same thing as mall cops and meter maids then? 

Your missing the point. If something does happen and they are around they are at a disadvantage. 

Its fine if they want to look pretty in uniform. I’d prefer my police to look prepared. 

They are basically meter maids (or mall security), cops on the street patrol of Italy don’t face the same things that our cops do. When they know something is about to occur, they send in the proper units. Like I said, patrolling the streets of Chicago is a different game than patrolling Milan.

The Italian policing system is broken down into many different units (Carabinieri vs Polizia) etc. The guys with the fancy uniforms are basically ambassadors. When you go to more crime ridden areas of Italy (often in the South) you commonly see officers in full military type uniform.

Edited by SirAndrew

Best fight I saw was at a Bills-Jets in the 80s. Was looking at the end zone with binoculars  (best fights were there as the UB New Yawkers would get drunk and start fights).  I see a Jets and Bills fan arguing.  The Bills fan's girlfriend reaches over  his back and levels the Jets fan with one punch.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They have great uniforms, are all super cool guys, and it's common for them to have Alfa Romeo cop cars.

5732128552bcd05c658c1de9-750-481.jpg

Unsubstantiated reports claim a large segment of automobile accidents in Italy are from lead footed polizia plowing high powered Alfa Romeo police cars into brick walls on those hilly donkey cart paths some Italians call roads.  ?

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

They are basically meter maids (or mall security), cops on the street patrol of Italy don’t face the same things that our cops do. When they know something is about to occur, they send in the proper units. Like I said, patrolling the streets of Chicago is a different game than patrolling Milan.

The Italian policing system is broken down into many different units (Carabinieri vs Polizia) etc. The guys with the fancy uniforms are basically ambassadors. When you go to more crime ridden areas of Italy (often in the South) you commonly see officers in full military type uniform.

That’s just stupid 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Unless you can get the jump on them and yank them down hard to your row, bringing them face-first into the back of the seats in front of you. But definitely dont stand there trying to punch up.

Yep go for the knees, chop them down like a maple tree 

10 hours ago, Plano said:

EXACTLY what I came here to say.

Season Opener in Arrowhead in 2011, I had a similar altercation. We were walking to our seats (last time we EVER sat in the cheap seats, btw), and we were wearing Bills gear, a dorky twig of a Chiefs fan wouldn't allow us to pass through, I asked if he was serious, and he would NOT move, I laughed and said ok, I'll just step down a level and walk around your ass, so I step down to walk around and he slaps the back of my head, like WTF?! I grab him by the jersey and yank him down into the row beneath me. Guy is yelling like a little B word, screaming that I assaulted him. I keep walking and laughing. The crowd hysterically laughs and I get a few hi-5's from Chiefs fans on the way to our seats. The guy ended up leaving about 10 minutes later when everyone continually laughed at him. Idiots.

My god that’s amazing, what a great story

• Thank you (+1) 1

The most fights I've seen was a Bills-Jets game. Season opener on a Sunday Night in Orchard Park. What year was that? Anyway, I've been to a lot of metal shows and festivals yet had never seen so much empty beer cans as just before entering the stadium ha ha. Sad part is, ALL the fights I saw, and I saw a lot, were between drunk Bills fans!!!