Freaking Pats really do play 4D Chess

plenzmd1

24 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Brady is a 1st ballot HOF who is still playing at an extremely high level. When he talks the league will listen no matter how much it aggravates us.

The NFL's job should be to preserve the integrity of the league and the sport.

Tom Brady's opinion should hold no more significance than an undrafted long-snapper on the practice squad.

Players come and go.  In 20-30 years, other guys will have stepped up and the next generation will know little/nothing of Brady.  

Does the NFL want to damage its credibility over one guy (who most fans outside of Boston already despise)?  Or do they want to make sure the rules are fair and balanced for all teams and all players?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Troy Aikman and retired ref on the broadcast also talked a lot about the penalties and how they felt many of them should not have been called.  I felt some of them were borderline at best.  

For someone who gets the benefit of so many calls going his way though Brady really shouldn’t talk.  

53 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Brady is a 1st ballot HOF who is still playing at an extremely high level. When he talks the league will listen no matter how much it aggravates us.

Our complaints reside in the favoritism that the Pats appear to get from the refs. 

Proofreading edit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This reply doesn't completely make sense but I just wanted a reason to post it.  This is funny.

Image result for soccer fall gif

It makes all the sense in the world.

EDIT:  @Royale with Cheese

Seriously, Royale, can you picture Bart Star or Johnny Unitas doing that?

Even Joe Ferguson...the guy who played in a game where he said that he had a sprain ankle and it was actually broken?

...what a Douche.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with him that continuous holding or any other penalty is difficult to watch.  But the officials can't ignore them if they are valid calls.  If they are expanding the strike zone, then that is another issue.  

If the officials follow the rule equally for all teams then the Patriots will not have any kind of advantage.  

28 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It makes all the sense in the world.

EDIT:  @Royale with Cheese

Seriously, Royale, can you picture Bart Star or Johnny Unitas doing that?

Even Joe Ferguson...the guy who played in a game where he said that he had a sprain and it was actually broken?

...what a Douche.

That was back in the days when men played football.

58 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Tom Brady's opinion should hold no more significance than an undrafted long-snapper on the practice squad.

Players come and go.  In 20-30 years, other guys will have stepped up and the next generation will know little/nothing of Brady.  

Does the NFL want to damage its credibility over one guy (who most fans outside of Boston already despise)?  Or do they want to make sure the rules are fair and balanced for all teams and all players?

We can feel that way but reality is different....  I do agree their is favoritism towards Brady and that is damaging, but the league as a whole is going to listen when he speaks for the  mentioned reason. Listening is one thing, but playing a favorite is a different discussion IMO

It was definitely annoying for the TNF crew to be talking about a Tom Brady tweet during the game, especially when his O-Line holds more than any other in the league. Of course he wants to sway to league into calling holding less often, when it is apparent they are looking for it more this year and than in years past. It doesn't bode well that the 2nd half of the game saw almost no penalties either. I'm sure the officiating crew was told to stop throwing as many flags so Buck and Aikman could enjoy the rest of the game.

I saw one truly bad holding call and it was because Ramsey did a good job of acting when he couldn't get off his block, and the ref that called it probably didn't have the best angle. I also thought the refs weren't being biased with their calls. The Titans O-Line is horrible and the Jags D was manhandling them. They had no choice but to hold or Mariota was going to need to be carted off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

I highly doubt that........how can fans know little about him when he holds records that no one will touch ?....Unless another QB goes to 9 SBs and wins 6...I can't imagine anyone coming close....

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Royale, with Tom Brady above please let me say thank you to you for showing us the reason why the word douche has two meanings.

That is nuts! Terrible acting by Brady. Worse than hockey. 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Penalties for offensive holding are something Brady doesn't have much experience of. 

I can't say I counted all the penalties as justified last night but most of the offensive holds were holding. Sloppy technique. The two guards for Tenn really struggled from what I saw. Calais Campbell enjoyed his evening. 

Really missing Lewan

• Like (+1) 1