Jets fans do not live in reality.

Protocal69

11 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Dude, they have been looking for that since the first game.

Please god I hope so

I understand your feelings, but I don't see how they won't give Gase more rope after kicking MacCagnan to the curb just to please him.

TBH, it's to Jet's management's credit that they've never subscribed to the "One and Done" show, so it's probably good for their long-term prognosis that they don't start now.

Still it's hard to watch, I know.  I have vivid flashbacks of our 2nd season with Rex.

1 minute ago, Nick the Greek said:

In all fairness they are a better team with him playing. 

I think they are.... and he looks decent enough, sometimes.

But the way they talk there, he is Aaron Rogers, while Josh Allen is already exposed as a Jemarcus Russell level bust.  I would argue that Darnold and Allen are both real close, showing a lot of promising signs, but nothing is certain as of yet as they still have bad games.    

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think they are.... and he looks decent enough, sometimes.

But the way they talk there, he is Aaron Rogers, while Josh Allen is already exposed as a Jemarcus Russell level bust.  I would argue that Darnold and Allen are both real close, showing a lot of promising signs, but nothing is certain as of yet as they still have bad games.    

I agree with this. When the Jets played in Buffalo last year I thought Darnold looked like a guy who was a top ten pick. They will be better with him for sure, but that team is still in rough shape

Hard to believe signing a guy who retired to play center in the middle of the preseason wasnt the fix they hoped for

14 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Dude, they have been looking for that since the first game.

Please god I hope so

Originally we were going to charge you something to come over here officially, but this misery is too much and you seem like a nice guy. If you will publicly deny all things Jets and change your username to "samdarnoldgotmonofromallama" we will welcome you with open arms into the mafia. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, it's to Jet's management's credit that they've never subscribed to the "One and Done" show, so it's probably good for their long-term prognosis that they don't start now.

There are some exceptions where the one and done thing is actually better for the long term health of a team... Gase is cancer. They need to own that they made the mistake taking him, and then move on to a real NFL coach. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Originally we were going to charge you something to come over here officially, but this misery is too much and you seem like a nice guy. If you will publicly deny all things Jets and change your username to "samdarnoldgotmonofromallama" we will welcome you with open arms into the mafia. 

There are some exceptions where the one and done thing is actually better for the long term health of a team... Gase is cancer. They need to own that they made the mistake taking him, and then move on to a real NFL coach. 

I'm really close to doing it....

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Here's... a gem... from the Jets forum from a guy who... has to stop every few words... to collect himself...

"Its bad... but the Oline despite 10 sacks... had one of its best games of the year..."

Sweet merciful baby jeebus, what would he accept as a mediocre or bad game from the O-line?

Maybe he's dictating from an iron lung?

54 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hard to believe signing a guy who retired to play center in the middle of the preseason wasnt the fix they hoped for

Especially after paying big bucks for a RB in free agency.   

Doh!    I hate when that happens... 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Here's... a gem... from the Jets forum from a guy who... has to stop every few words... to collect himself...

"Its bad... but the Oline despite 10 sacks... had one of its best games of the year..."

Sweet merciful baby jeebus, what would he accept as a mediocre or bad game from the O-line?

It's ... William ... Shatner ... !

26 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Your coach is awful.....I think he goes and its Josh & Sam for a decade.......stick in there BG

I've always been meh on Darnold, and I prefer him to bust for anti-jets reasons, but i do wonder how difficult coming back from this kind of debacle will be... this is the kind of thing you hear about ruining guys careers. 

After watching the Jets sleepwalk against the Eagles, couple thoughts:

The Jets have already quit on Adam Gase.  Sam Darnold and his healthy spleen won't save this season.  These players have no interest in playing for this guy.  If this team wins 3 games, it'll be beating expectations.  Lots of disinterest and quit there.  

Adam Gase is a weird guy - he stood completely alone on the sideline the entire game.  No coaches or players near him.  During warmups, didn't really talk or hang around anyone else.  He's noticeable from the stands because he's the coach dressed in all black.

Woody Johnson - equally as weird - he did not step one foot across the Jets sideline, as if there was a force field.  Jeff Lurie had to cross the *entire* width of the field to shake his hand and say hello.  Johnson just waited for Lurie to get there.  

The Jets linebackers are slow.  Hewitt is a good run stopper but he can't cover across the middle against anybody.  The Philadelphia offense was pedestrian yesterday about across the middle was open all the time.  

Steve McClendon is a baller.  If the Bills were going to trade for defense, he'd be a guy who I'd like to see the Bills get.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

After watching the Jets sleepwalk against the Eagles, couple thoughts:

The Jets have already quit on Adam Gase.  Sam Darnold and a healthy spleen isn't going to save this season.  These players have no interest in playing for this guy.  If this team wins 3 games, it'll be beating expectations.  Lots of disinterest and quit there.  

Adam Gase is a weird guy - he stood completely alone on the sideline the entire game.  No coaches or players near him.  During warmups, didn't really talk or hang around anyone else.  He's noticeable from the stands because he's the coach dressed in all black.

Woody Johnson - equally as weird - he did not step one foot across the Jets sideline, as if there was a force field.  Jeff Lurie had to cross the *entire* width of the field to shake his hand and say hello.  Johnson just waited for Lurie to get there.  

The Jets linebackers are slow.  Hewitt is a good run stopper but he can't cover across the middle against anybody.  The Philadelphia offense was pedestrian yesterday about across the middle was open all the time.  

Steve McClendon is a baller.  If the Bills were going to trade for defense, he'd be a guy who I'd like to see the Bills get.  

You went to that hole?

God bless you.

• Haha (+1) 1

Game 1 headlines last year: Vontae Davis walks out on the team at halftime. 

Then we had the emergency QB situation, etc. And the year before there was plenty of talk about the Bills quitting on McD after the Peterman fiasco, Part 1. 

This year: the Broncos quit on Vic Fangio as Fournette bulldozed over Fangio’s D for 200 yards. And then the whipped the Chargers last weekend 

Moral of these stories: I out no faith in “Team X has quit on Coach Y” stories. The vast majority of professional athletes have an extreme degree of pride and hate to be shown up. Unless it’s an absolute tank job by the front office (Browns of the past, Dolphins now) I expect the team that’s down in the dumps to surprise us. Usually the week right after such a story is written. 

• Like (+1) 1