Father Time - who is next up?

rayray808

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if I'd really count Smith or Foles they've never really clicked anywhere have they? They've never really achieved being a Franchise QB before I don't think.

I mean Eli counts but he pretty much should be listed with the fallen at this point he's at least as done as Cam.

Smith had a very good career, and leading the 49ers to a few points shy of the Super Bowl, then repeating his great play before getting hurt & benched for an inferior QB. 

Then after going to KC, the Chiefs consistently made the playoffs, and was also a Pro Bowlers in 3 of the 5 seasons he played for them. Not saying he was "great," just a GOOD, stable, consistent QB for his franchise. The year before he was injured he threw for 26 TD's & 5 INT's, and has a lifetime W/L record of 94-66-1.

Again, not an all-time great, but still more than just your average/slightly above average QB like a Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, etc.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Brady is not allowed to age and not allowed to be hit in any manner. We all want him gone. But this year we need to defy the refs and the NFL and deliver the knockout blow to finish him for good.

I’d give someone not currently on an NFL team a huge signing bonus and then tell him. ” all we want you to do is punish Brady. Don’t worry about the penalties and we’ll pay any fines you may get”

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Brady is not allowed to age and not allowed to be hit in any manner. We all want him gone. But this year we need to defy the refs and the NFL and deliver the knockout blow to finish him for good.

looks like we have the group on defense to get to him this year.   week 4 will be huge

• Like (+1) 1

Bills sitting pretty with a young QBs with promise.  The generation is changing, just how life goes.

I think Brees will be back, at least this year and next. 

Foles will be back next year.

Eli I believe will retire.

Rothraper will retire.

Rivers has a couple years

Ryan has at least 3 as well as Flacco (same draft class)

Rodgers has at least 2 more as well.

Brady will play until someone puts that team down.  

I know everyone wants Brady******* to retire ASAP , BUT before that happens I REALLY want to see us beat him > winning the division BEFORE he retires , 

I Don’t want to hear that we had to wait for Brady****** to retire for us to win the division, 

Goooo Bills !!!!

Edited by Putin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

In all fairness Flacco was done 2 years ago.  Father Time just forgot he was in the league.

Flacco was done more than 2 years ago .   Got hot for one Superbowl run which allowed him to get paid and tie up too much of the cap.   All  for mostly mediocre QB play.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Eli counts but he pretty much should be listed with the fallen at this point he's at least as done as Cam.

I'd say Eli is more "done" than Cam.  I can't see him getting another starting gig in the NFL, and I think the odds are he retires after the season.  Cam at least gets the rest of the season as a starter if/when he's healthy enough.

9 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Rivers

Rivers faded the last couple weeks last season.  I don’t think Rivers can play at a high level for a season and the playoffs.  Last year his arm looked like a noodle at the end of the season.

But, he still competes well!

44 minutes ago, Manther said:

Rivers faded the last couple weeks last season.  I don’t think Rivers can play at a high level for a season and the playoffs.  Last year his arm looked like a noodle at the end of the season.

But, he still competes well!

Yep- I noticed that also. He was short hopping balls and just didn’t have any zip.

If the Texans don't do something about their O-Line, the next quarterback to go might be Deshaun Watson.

In all honesty though, here are the ages of some prominent QBs:

Brady - 42

Brees - 40

Manning - 38

Rivers - 37

Roethlisberger - 37

Rodgers - 35

Ryan - 34

Flacco - 34

I'm not sure what is driving Brady at this point.  Stats?  Another Super Bowl?  Pure enjoyment of the game?  Common sense says he MUST done soon, but if he keeps playing at a high level...what stops him from going another 4-5 seasons?

Brees isn't much younger than Brady, but he's accomplished less on the championship side.  I see him giving the Saints 2-3 more seasons of trying to assemble a contender, and then he will call it quits as well.

I think Manning may give it another shot next year with a different franchise (if someone is willing to give him a temporary starting job), but I just can't see him playing much longer.  He doesn't seem like a guy willing to spend years with a backup job, and that's what he's probably looking at.

The big knock on Rivers is his lack of championships, and I think that will continue driving him for another 2-3 seasons.  If the Chargers stop looking like legit Super Bowl threats, he may consider being done.

Roethlisberger says he's going to play next year, but we'll see how the rehab goes and how Rudolph plays in his place.  Pittsburgh is showing signs of a rebuild, and I don't think he wants to stick around for that.  He's considered retirement before.

Rodgers and Ryan should have several years left in the tank.  Flacco is on his last starting gig, and will probably go another 5-6 years holding a clipboard and bouncing around the league.