Just watched 49ers vs Bengals

akcash

*highlights*

Which I'm not apologetic for bc I think with these 9 minute highlight videos u can get a feel for how the game went. I feel like if we do our jobs we should beat up on the Bengals like San Fran did. They have a shake as heck line. I feel like our secondary matches up well with their receivers. I think our line matches up well with their defensive line. Prediction: 31-10 Bills. Go Bills.

And a couple side notes... I just picked up San Frans back up running back Wilson Jr as a bench stasher... I also picked up Debo Samuel. That Wilson Jr. gets a lot of red zone carries and had 2 tds last week... I think he could be a sneaky add that could be a fill in if short on RBs on a bye week... and a good handcuff. San Fran looks darn good too.

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 2

Play our game on defense, and take away the deep ball. They pass 75% of the time, and passing yards consist of over 90% of their yards. They'll probably try to establish the run, but they've been terrible rushing so far. 

49ers are my "2nd" team. Samuel is a stud. The Bills and 49ers are on similar paths this year. Easy first half schedule, back to back road wins to start the season for the first time ever. Similar offensive scheme, good defenses. Both team are ver close to each other in several statistical categories.

• Like (+1) 3

I watched the condensed version on NFL game pass.  The Bengals have had a number of 20 yard + pass plays so far in 2 games.  Bills need to put pressure on Dalton.  Bengals run D looks pretty bad.  Preston Brown looks slow and out of position.  Could be a big game for Gore and Yeldon.  Also Beasley could have a big game me thinks.

I don't think our secondary matches up that well. They are supppper fast, and we are not.  We will have to be especially weary of the over the top throw, and this will open up a lot of stuff underneath.  There will have to more cushion this game than we usually give up. I think that makes this game super close. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I watched the condensed version on NFL game pass.  The Bengals have had a number of 20 yard + pass plays so far in 2 games.  Bills need to put pressure on Dalton.  Bengals run D looks pretty bad.  Preston Brown looks slow and out of position.  Could be a big game for Gore and Yeldon.  Also Beasley could have a big game me thinks.

The issue is the Bengals have problems containing the edges and stopping run plays outside.

Singletary could have feasted. It's not Gore's strength.

I see more TJ Yeldon and called bootlegs to the outside.

The Defense is going to have to tighten down, and JA may have to utilize his wheels more than most of TBD is comfortable with.

Bills 27 - Bengals 24

Edited by RocCityRoller

11 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

They actually had some good stats about Dalton under pressure verse not on the Cover One podcast. The difference wasn’t but a couple percentage points for completions. 

You are correct on the linebackers being their weakness. Beasley, Yeldon, and the TE’s should be able to exploit the center of the field. 

Ross is probably the fastest guy in the NFL. Bills do not posses any DB’s with elite speed. If Ross gets behind them with the ball, he is gone. If DB’s take bad angles, he is gone. 

Mixon hasn’t had a good game yet, he is a good back so let’s hope it doesn’t come this weekend. Main reason they can’t run the ball is because their line is a wreck. Glenn has been out for over a month. Left Guard is injured and the backup is their former first round pick at center. Right guard is old John Miller from Buffalo, we know what he is and isn’t. And there right tackle is the weakest spot on the line, which is saying something.

Bottom line is if the Bills play their game they win. The Bengals are a team that is down right now. Keep them down. Dalton isn’t good but he isn’t bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

My assessment of the Bengals is a team that has a fair amount of talent at the skill positions (Boyd and Ross are respectable receivers and Mixon/Gio out the backfield are solid) and a competent QB but their offensive line is a mess and their defense is a bit suspect but not tragic. It's a test to see if the Bills can avoid a close game late. They need a 2 possession or greater lead in the 4th quarter because if this is a one score game late then it is likely they could suffer a let down. 

Buffalo does not have a CB with anywhere near the speed of Ross.  If they try to play man, there is a serious risk they'll get burned.  Thankfully, they probably won't try since they are primarily a zone team.  Dalton is a wily old QB, so it's not surprising that he is beating the blitz.  Cincinnati's offensive line is a MASH unit right now, so Buffalo can probably get pressure with a four man rush.   Buffalo has also been solid in run defense save for the first drive versus the Giants.  Buffalo should be able to make the Bengals pretty much one dimensional.  That will even be more true if they can get up a couple TDs on them.  When Buffalo is on offense, it will mostly be about controlling Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.  If Nsekhe is healthy, I think he matches up pretty well with Dunlap.  The middle of Buffalo's line is night and day better than a year ago.  Hopefully that's enough to keep Atkins in check.  Do that and the Bills should be able to both run and pass effectively, even without Singletary.

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

The pass rush will determine if we have a close game or not imo.  If we get constant pressure, it’ll be a wipeout.  If they can protect dalton, it’ll be a doozie

If their O line is as bad as advertised, Dalton may wanna invest in armor from Camelot. The Giants O line was a bit tougher than that joke the Jests trotted out there. They're down a couple of starters, including our old pal Cordy. I'm pretty sure their gameplan will be for quick shots, anything deep puts Dalton on a silver platter

I was giving some thought as to how I would go about defending the Bengals offense today.  Without getting too much into detail as to what I came up with, I would do things a bit differently than most probably would.  What I would do is have Tre White almost exclusively on Boyd 1 on 1.  I know most would probably want him on Ross, but while Tre is a great cover corner, a burner he is not.  In fact, there is nobody in our secondary that can run with Ross.  So, I put Tre on Boyd counting on Tre to handle him  and then play bracket coverage on Ross with safety help over the top.

I am not worried about the Bengals offensive line at all.  I mean, come on.....Oliver vs Jon Miller? Our DTs will control the middle of that line and they are banged up at tackle as well.  I think our front 4 will be able to do very well without having to blitz much at all.  Our LBs should be able to handle the TEs.  I just think our defense can handle them overall. 

If we can get to 24 points, we should be just fine.

So you talk down to him because he used common abbreviations that anyone who's been on the internet before can read? Basically infer hes stupid because (bc) you (u) cant understand it? What intellect did "ok" bring to the table?

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

So you talk down to him because he used common abbreviations that anyone who's been on the internet before can read? Basically infer hes stupid because (bc) you (u) cant understand it? What intellect did "ok" bring to the table?

11 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

We all have our preferences.  I happen to prefer prose that is comprehensible. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, NewEra said:

The pass rush will determine if we have a close game or not imo.  If we get constant pressure, it’ll be a wipeout.  If they can protect dalton, it’ll be a doozie

They have no running game.  No O-line.  Drop back everyone in coverage.  Rush 3.  Dalton will throw 50 passes.  Maybe 2 TD's.

I see no reason this should not be a bigger margin than SF laid on them.