TNF thread

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was basically Dareus is talented and much better but lacks football passion for a guy who blows but demonstrates the culture these guys want. Either way Star is useless and Dareus isn't.

Um did you see dareus play?

Conclusions:

- ugly, ugly game

- when the Jags defense is dialled in it is still for real

- That Minshew guy can win games as an effective game manager with a defense - needs more from the run game to help though

- The Tennessee Titans might be ruing their decision to let Quinto Spain walk. Calais Campbell ate their interior guys up for dinner

- There is absolutely no excuses for the Bills not being 4-1 at the bye

- The Titans are not, I repeat not, a wildcard contender

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Conclusions:

- ugly, ugly game

- That Minshew guy can win games as an effective game manager with a defense - needs more from the run game to help though

- The Tennessee Titans might be ruing their decision to let Quinto Spain walk. Calais Campbell ate their interior guys up for dinner

don't agree with the bolded. THat dude is a real QB so far, much more than  a game manager.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Conclusions:

- ugly, ugly game

conceding a loss to the evil empire?

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. I said that after the Browns game, even though they crushed em.

It was apparent that the Browns just weren't in the right state of mind. The Titans weren't showcasing an awesome team, but week 1 is usually a little weird. Now we're starting to see how good teams really are.

Yeah, I think I honestly underestimated Tennessee a bit this year but I still don’t think they win more than 7 games tops. 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

don't agree with the bolded. THat dude is a real QB so far, much more than  a game manager.

I'm not there yet. The game plan was underneath, underneath, underneath, get the DBs to cheat and then go over the top. I thought he had a very good first half last night..... but in the second half the Titans adjusted and I thought he struggled a little more. At the moment he reminds me of Andy Dalton a bit - which is a compliment for a 6th rounder making his second start. But this time last year everyone was going weak at the knees for Nick Mullens - he had a brilliant debut with 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Once teams got some film he slowed down and went 10 TDs and 10 INTs from there on. 

He has done well so far. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I think I honestly underestimated Tennessee a bit this year but I still don’t think they win more than 7 games tops. 

I had them 6-10. I thought after week 1 maybe I had really underestimated them. Now I think I had them pegged about right. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not there yet. The game plan was underneath, underneath, underneath, get the DBs to cheat and then go over the top. I thought he had a very good first half last night..... but in the second half the Titans adjusted and I thought he struggled a little more. At the moment he reminds me of Andy Dalton a bit - which is a compliment for a 6th rounder making his second start. But this time last year everyone was going weak at the knees for Nick Mullens - he had a brilliant debut with 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Once teams got some film he slowed down and went 10 TDs and 10 INTs from there on. 

He has done well so far. 

I had them 6-10. I thought after week 1 maybe I had really underestimated them. Now I think I had them pegged about right. 

I had them projected for a top 5 pick coming into the year. I won’t completely admit defeat on that yet but I think their defense might be good enough to avoid that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Um did you see dareus play?

Shhhh.... There are people still clinging to the belief that this front office doesn't know what they are doing and like to use trading Dareus away as Exhibit A...

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

Are you saying Star isn't useless or Dareus isn't good or both? C'mon try to make an argument, you can do it if you try I think.

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

Your post made no sense and didn’t even express an opinion on the subject. 

It was pretty clear what he was saying and just as clear that he was expressing an opinion. C'mon try to understand a simple post, you can do it if you try, I think.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Suddenly, I'm much less worried about Buffalo's game with Tennessee in a few weeks.

I think maybe Aikman made the comment last night that the Thumbtacks are not a come-from-behind team. They are a grinder.

In the end, Mariotta was just really bad.

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It was pretty clear what he was saying and just as clear that he was expressing an opinion. C'mon try to understand a simple post, you can do it if you try, I think.

Which opinion is it? People who think Dareus is good are shortsigted? People who think Star is useless are shortsighted? I only asked for clarification on that point.

7 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Which opinion is it? People who think Dareus is good are shortsigted? People who think Star is useless are shortsighted? I only asked for clarification on that point.

No, you were being condescending, not simply asking for a clarification.

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

The most simple things are so hard for you....

16 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was basically Dareus is talented and much better but lacks football passion for a guy who blows but demonstrates the culture these guys want. Either way Star is useless and Dareus isn't.

LOL...Star is useless.  I guess McDermott doesn't understand his own defense.