TNF thread

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

From a financial perspective it made sense as we were able to dump all the dead cap money in 2018.  He just didn't fit the culture and a breakup was best for both.  Star eats up space and fits the culture I guess.

Star costs just as much.

Actually I just looked it up. Star costs $6m more than Dareus this season alone.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Foles like, "Yo, I'm feeling better. I'm ready to go in, Coach" on the sideline. 

Meanwhile, Vrabel starting to put his job in jeopardy by still starting Mariota.

I'd think it's safer to start Mariotta, warts and all, vs starting Tannehill.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Mariota and Winston will be backups next year.

I would like to know how many members would admit they were totally wrong about Winston and Mariota.

Could you image how certain posters today would be criticizing the exercising of 5th year options for these two QBs if they were Bills.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Mike Vrabel mic'ed up: "Don't you know I was with the Patriots? You're not supposed to call that type of stuff on us!"

As Vrabel adds "I know Tom Brady, Robert Kraft, AND Bill Belichick"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

How in God's name was that not a personal foul the way they just pushed him out of bounds

Mariota was at the fringe when he got pushed out.  He feasibly could have turned back in bounds if he wanted to.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would like to know how many members would admit they were totally wrong about Winston and Mariota.

Could you image how certain posters today would be criticizing the exercising of 5th year options for these two QBs if they were Bills.

I don't even remember the sentiment back then as we didn't even have a first round pick that year due to the brilliant Watkins trade.  There were character concerns with Winston and Mariota was hard to project being a system QB at Oregon.  2013 to 2015 was ugly for 1st round QB's drafted (Manuel, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariota).

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Titans are absolute dog poop. How bad does his make the Browns look? Getting trounced by the Titans week one and not entirely blowing out a very beat up Jets team. 

Meh, it's only week 3.  Still a lot of rust and we don't exactly know who most of these teams really are.