Rugby World Cup 2019

Bad Things

I kinda feel bad being an All Blacks fan. Like Im cheering for the Patriots. But as an American who picked up the sport in the 90s, I didnt have much of a choice.

I'll tune in if I can find any streams. Any idea if FoxSports or anyone is carrying it?

edit: Did my own googling and it looks like NBC is carrying a lot of them. https://www.nbcsports.com/rugby/rugby-world-cup

Edited by DrDawkinstein

46 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I think our Womens team is better than our mens

has to be better than getting mowed down in about 30 minutes in international test cricket, even with stall tactics

has to be better than our National Team of NHL stars completely dog****** the first game of the Olympics or Big Tourney and losing to France or Azerbijan and then playing the scrappy underdog card the rest of the way

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2019 at 11:07 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmm, New Zealand v South Africa showing at 5:30am here tomorrow.

Wonder if I can pull off starting that at 5:30am, roll into College Gameday at 9am, Migh/Wisc at Noon, Auburn/TexasA&M at 3:30pm, and Georgia/NotreDame at 8:30pm...

My wife is going to LOVE this...

morgan-freeman_invictus.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

-----------------------

round two didn't find the gods smiling on the North American teams

Canada was giving up a point a minute for the first half in a drubbing

the US held tough with France until the 68th minute... then the maelstrom and deluge was unleashed on them

I’m currently sitting in a beachside hut on the island of Rarotonga, watching Namibia put up a helluva fight against the All Blacks.

I haven’t been able to watch much of the World Cup while I’ve on my diving trip, (3 weeks in Rarotonga and Aitutaki) so it’s fantastic to find a place showing the game.

Let’s go All Blacks!

• Like (+1) 1

I watched two entertaining matches tonight.  USA v Argentina and Scotland v Russia.

Neither game was close in score, but they were both hard-fought and really fun to watch.  Scotland was just scoring and scoring.

Fun fact... following the All Blacks game a couple days ago, the announcers were interviewing All Black lock, Sam Whitelock and told him that the game was his 100th victory with the ABs.  That's impressive enough, but then the announcer said that it was in only 115 total games played. Wow!

good to have a real fan with a real country to cheer for on here

i can't watch a drubbing of a mismatch, especially Canada giving up a point a minute...  :(

the well fought matches are enjoyed, hopefully a few of them to go in this round and 7 of them in the playoff (or whatever they call it)

So, I went on this little expedition yesterday.  (Still on the island of Rarotonga, in the middle of the South Pacific.)

There was a younger couple there on their honeymoon, who live near where I used to live, so we struck up a conversation.

When they heard I've lived in NZ for the last 15 years, the guy began asking me all of these questions about how the game of rugby is played.  I could answer the vast majority of them, but after a while, I kinda stopped him and said that "American Football" is still my #1 sport and that I was a member of bills Mafia a Bills fan.

The guys wife looks up at me and said that her best friend used to date Trent Edwards in high school.

Friggin' small world.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

So, I went on this little expedition yesterday.  (Still on the island of Rarotonga, in the middle of the South Pacific.)

There was a younger couple there on their honeymoon, who live near where I used to live, so we struck up a conversation.

When they heard I've lived in NZ for the last 15 years, the guy began asking me all of these questions about how the game of rugby is played.  I could answer the vast majority of them, but after a while, I kinda stopped him and said that "American Football" is still my #1 sport and that I was a member of bills Mafia a Bills fan.

The guys wife looks up at me and said that her best friend used to date Trent Edwards in high school.

Friggin' small world.

Was she hot?

p.s.  go All Blacks

Edited by KD in CA