Fitzpatrick benched for Rosen

Rubes

15 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....LMAO...Fins??...BIG move(ment)?...seriously?......gotta be an irritated bowel...........

The truth is that if Miami's front office has anybody in it with football brains, they will have every opportunity to be great in 2 or 3 years. I know that this is a HUGE IF indeed, but that team is loaded with great draft picks for at least 2 years.

The good news is that we should be kicking their ass for at least 2 years. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

The truth is that if Miami's front office has anybody in it with football brains, they will have every opportunity to be great in 2 or 3 years. I know that this is a HUGE IF indeed, but that team is loaded with great draft picks for at least 2 years.

The good news is that we should be kicking their ass for at least 2 years. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone that proposes something like this has no football brain. 

The Bills, when they "tanked" traded a starting corner and starting WR for 2 draft picks and a starting corner and WR. Build for now and the future. Its why players would still buy into the process McBeane is installing here. Flores has no chance to win back over this team and he will have nothing but an 0-16 HC record to show for it

14 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

LOL....

-6-_taLu_bigger.jpg Sam FarmerVerified account @LATimesfarmer
Follow Follow @LATimesfarmer
More

Josh Rosen on being drafted 10th: “There were nine mistakes ahead of me.”

7:45 PM - 26 Apr 2018
Somehow I don't think Rosen thought things would work out this way.

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

I always questioned his HEART. It appears he is going to need more than that if he wants to stay in the league going forward and luck in the league has escaped him so far.

Good post. Imo it is extremely hard for rich kids like Rosen to compete in the NFL. Manziel was a great example although he had other issues. Look at the Luck situation. I don't think it is about race either, just money.

Who on earth would want to take the beatings that these men take if you already have a few million in your pocket? I expect to see more and more early surprise retirements. The game is just that brutal.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Anyone that proposes something like this has no football brain. 

The Bills, when they "tanked" traded a starting corner and starting WR for 2 draft picks and a starting corner and WR. Build for now and the future. Its why players would still buy into the process McBeane is installing here. Flores has no chance to win back over this team and he will have nothing but an 0-16 HC record to show for it

Nowhere did I say that it was necessarily the correct move.

That said, someone posted a list of their upcoming draft picks and it was pretty amazing. This horrible team will probably pick 1st in 2020 and have even more 1st round picks. Their situation is also very good in 2021. It would be almost impossible not to find a considerable amount of talent.

Look I saw the Bills turn 5 early picks into 4 not so wonderful players in 2006. Still, this is a rarity and the Phins will have WAY more than Levy/Jauron managed to squander.

Here's to hoping that the Dolphins screw the whole thing up! :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nowhere did I say that it was necessarily the correct move.

That said, someone posted a list of their upcoming draft picks and it was pretty amazing. This horrible team will probably pick 1st in 2020 and have even more 1st round picks. Their situation is also very good in 2021. It would be almost impossible not to find a considerable amount of talent.

Look I saw the Bills turn 5 early picks into 4 not so wonderful players in 2006. Still, this is a rarity and the Phins will have WAY more than Levy/Jauron managed to squander.

Here's to hoping that the Dolphins screw the whole thing up! :beer:

Sorry wasn't implying you thought it was a smart move. Just expressing my opinion on how stupid tanking in the NFL is.

I am quite sure they will screw this up 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If they charged the other 31 fan bases for every chuckle and guffaw on message boards regarding the dumpster fire, the Miami fans would get a full refund, and probably a dividend cheque.  ?

Ridgeway, one more thumping this week and I believe the SPCA is going to intervene with one of those heart breaking commercials.

...who wants to see Fitz in a cage with a tear running down his cheek?  

...me neither.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ridgeway, one more thumping this week and I believe the SPCA is going to intervene with one of those heart breaking commercials.

...who wants to see Fitz in a cage with a tear running down his cheek?  

...me neither.

Ok, maybe not Fitzy, but I have to admit I wouldn't be much moved if it featured the likes of "Right Josh" on that 60-second TV spot :P...BTW, how happy a man is Frank Gore right now, to be out of that proverbial spiral into the toilet tank?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ok, maybe not Fitzy, but I have to admit I wouldn't be much moved if it featured the likes of "Right Josh" on that 60-second TV spot :P...BTW, how happy a man is Frank Gore right now, to be out of that proverbial spiral into the toilet tank?  

I know it is sinful and I am a man of faith...but I hope God gives me a little pass on this one BECAUSE I LOVES ME SOME SHADE THROWIN' ON THE "RIGHT JOSH"!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, this^^^

Rosen in his worst nightmares could not have imagined this would be his  career. If JR makes it through this sh-t show and becomes a functioning NFL QB it will truly be a Miracle.

...not to worry...he's already called Mom for advice.....

20 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

What is the over/under on games Rosen will survive behind that OL.  Fitz is a survivor who knows how to minimize the big hits.  Rosen looks frail to me or at least next to the right Josh.

Also he has enough friends on other teams for them to not blast him when not needed.

I could see Josh being type "taught a lesson".

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, HappyDays said:

Huh I guess Miami wasn't just protecting their investment in Josh Rosen, like I was told by a few people here. He actually lost an open QB competition to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Veterans often will beat rookies (or 2nd year players) due to experience but coaches should be looking at full season not just training camp competitions.   Besides I'd rather Wrong Josh take licks not Ryan.