PFF Advanced Stats on Allen

essential

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I stopped at PFF.

You should have kept reading for the entertainment value.  This guy actually brought up watching Allen play his alma mater San Diego State as if that somehow provided insight into his NFL play.  Hell they should hire me and I'll give them my opinion after watching Allen play in ACTUAL NFL games!  And I'll promise not to drink more then 6 beers during the game while doing my assessment!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

they want no part in talking about Allen. tried to move on as quick as possible. 

Unfortunately, they won’t have a choice, as it will be Josh Allen, himself, who will force the subject....mooohoohahahahaha ???

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

"I'm your huckleberry...."

Image result for kay adams

That woman is flawless...God owes me, big time, in the next life...??

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

PFF is like grading math homework based off handwriting and whether or not the answer looks correct.

They don't know assignments, schemes, or plays.

While this is true its also true for everybody not on the team? How then, do we determine who is a good player and who is a bad player?

I like that they attempt to quantify it. Its not perfect and mistakes are made and I wouldn't take it as the definitive take but its worth tossing into the conversation about a player.

It seems like most people on this board who don't like PFF don't like it because they don't rate Bills players where they want them to rate them. Or they don't like it because its not a perfect system. News flash, there is no perfect system.

59 minutes ago, MDH said:

It seems like most people on this board who don't like PFF don't like it because they don't rate Bills players where they want them to rate them. Or they don't like it because its not a perfect system. News flash, there is no perfect system.

PFF grades rely on broadcast footage and unpaid interns doing all of the work. It's a total joke and more than one NFL player has said as much. The raw data stuff they offer to their premium members is good, NFL teams actually pay for that data. But their subjective grading is meaningless. Just as an example Tyrod Taylor was their 12th ranked QB in 2017. I mean I defended Tyrod his first couple years but he was terrible in 2017. They ranked him one spot below Aaron Rodgers. Something is wrong with the way they grade players.

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

PFF grades rely on broadcast footage and unpaid interns doing all of the work. It's a total joke and more than one NFL player has said as much. The raw data stuff they offer to their premium members is good, NFL teams actually pay for that data. But their subjective grading is meaningless. Just as an example Tyrod Taylor was their 12th ranked QB in 2017. I mean I defended Tyrod his first couple years but he was terrible in 2017. They ranked him one spot below Aaron Rodgers. Something is wrong with the way they grade players.

Yep, their grades come out shortly after a game has been played. It’s all fluff to get people talking about their site. 

2 hours ago, MDH said:

While this is true its also true for everybody not on the team? How then, do we determine who is a good player and who is a bad player?

I like that they attempt to quantify it. Its not perfect and mistakes are made and I wouldn't take it as the definitive take but its worth tossing into the conversation about a player.

I don't like PFF because they make up scores with formulas that no one knows, that make no sense, and pretend like they're the smartest guys in the room.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, DuckyBoys said:

Where is Jon Ledyard?  Somewhere he's curled up in a fetal position holding his Sam darnold doll.  Guy on the right was soooo smug pre season ripping Allen with a man bun on his stupid head with some white jeri curled doofus

In bed with mono.  Coincidence?