Bills 2-0 are fools gold - Article

Virgil

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

I never said any team dominated the other. A lot of fluky things happen in games. However, what I did point out is that what tipped the balance to our favor was their kicker missed a chip shot in the PAT and a routine field goal kick for a NFL kicker. (The kicker was quickly released.) That was the difference in this game. In the next game the Jets got demolished by Cleveland. I'm aware that their starter didn't play but injuries are an inescapable part of the game. 

As I said in prior posts I not sneering and diminishing any win under any circumstances. As a Bills fan I'm not in a position to do so. But what I am not going to do as many others are doing is inflate what we have accomplished so early in the season. 

Why do you keep mentioning the missed PAT?  The Jests later converted a 2-pointer that they never would have attempted if they hadn’t missed the first one.

And WRT the missed FG, do you remember the end of the game?  Do you think the Bills would have turtled on their last possession if they were trailing? 

Edited by mannc

We know the score.

If the Bills beat a team it has to be because they are not very good ergo the Bills are not a very good team; it is circular logic.

And put NE in any other division the past 2 decades and every team in that division likely drops by 2 wins and none win their division.

The Jets, Bills, and Miami are judged more harshly than other franchises for not being able to get out of the cellar, but all have had to contend with arguably the most successful franchise in the league.

Is what it is, till Brady gets knocked out of the league, or Belichick has a stroke, or by some miracle we beat them.

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

With respect to the Mosley absence I disagree. It made a difference on the Jets defense. It's not worth quibbling over because in my view the major reason why the Jets lost and we won was because their kicker was grossly inept. If he makes the extra point and the reasonable field goal kick they would have won that game.   

You should also NOT discount the possibility that had the Jets made the FG and extra point the Bills might have had the ball last and went on a game winning TD drive... or at least a game winning FG as time expired... Bottom line BILLS WON...

Let’s kneecap the bastard ?

Go Bills!!! 

From the outside looking in Bills ever few years have gotten off to hot starts and only once made the playoffs since 2000. But I think that this team is much better fundamentally than every team even the 2017 that actually made the playoffs. 

The one thing that has impressed me about this team is the depth. The team appears able to survive some injuries that happen to every team. The team is also well coached and fully buying into the culture that has been built. 

I think that the lack of name talent and the team's reputation and lack of familiarity within the larger mediascape creates a low perception of the team. From the outside looking in the Bills are coming off of a 6-10 season and their big free agent acquisition was a Center. 

Edited by billsfan89

I think a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised to see what kind of press the Bills get if JA has a great season and the team wins 10 or more games. They're not out to get the Bills. They'll believe it when they see it on a consistent basis. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well i can't say as i kind of blame him to not get to high right now sure it has been nice to start out like they have but i want to see it continue & doing it against some other good teams .

I think each of these teams that the Bills have beat o this point are good at certain things but we have yet to play a complete team & i'm hoping that all the games leading up to the Pats & others in the schedule will be learning experiences so when those teams come around they will be more prepared for a upgrade in play & coaching !!