Bills 2-0 are fools gold - Article

Virgil

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I should GAS enough to F this guy, why?  I mean, who is he, and why does his opinion matter more than Biff from Tonawanda or a dozen folks here?

Kind of the point. This article was the first one on msn.com’s sport section. Like I said prior, I think I’m more annoyed at what’s allowed to be considered a sports journalists opinion as the guy just makes general comments, moreso based off last year’s trend. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Kind of the point. This article was the first one on msn.com’s sport section. Like I said prior, I think I’m more annoyed at what’s allowed to be considered a sports journalists opinion as the guy just makes general comments, moreso based off last year’s trend. 

JMO, but you drew attention to it. They win.

Reminds me of the old "This tastes terrible...try it" mentality. Why would I want to eat/read something that sucks?

And for the record I didn't think the article sucked because he ranked the Bills low.

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Obviously the author is one of those guys who didn't like Allen coming out of Wyoming, doesn't watch Allen play in Bills games and thinks if he calls Josh inconsistent he will have credibility with people as ignorant of the Bills current team as he is.  

You are correct, sounds like he is pen name for some posters here or he has an alias and posts here:

Josh Allen might be No. 1 pick of NFL draft, but he's not among our top 40 prospects, Published April 24, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/04/24/nfl-draft-2018-josh-allen-top-40-rankings-wyoming-quarterback/544906002/

NFL draft boom-or-bust picks: Josh Allen among riskiest players - Published April 30, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/04/30/nfl-draft-boom-bust-picks-josh-allen-riskiest-players/564424002/

https://media.gannett-cdn.com/29906170001/29906170001_5776009238001_5776001081001.mp4

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mrags said:

He was wrong by a long shot while talking about Allen’s inaccuracies. But most of that isn’t wrong. We played 2 teams that are bottom of the league right now and probably won’t change throughout the year. Their coaches and teams aren’t very good. We should have beat them. We did. Great. Let’s not get crazy about anything yet. 

The terrible thing is, if we win this week and go 3-0 we will still hear this for the most part. People will be saying the Bengals aren’t any good either. And you can not argue with facts. They will be 0-3. Of course, then we’ll go up against the Pats and probably lose like we always do. Then the talk will come back down, and media will say... see, we said it all along, the Bills haven’t beaten anyone yet and it’s no shock they lost against the Pats. 

When we played the Jets, they were NOT a bottom of the league team.  They actually were leading 16-0 close to end of 3rd quarter.  Then the Bills had a great comeback to win the game. 

When the Giants started the game, they started 7-0  by running the ball for 75 yards and then forced a 3-and out against the Bills.  The momentum was all in the Giants side.  Then the Bills offense and defense took over.  The Offense had 3 straight TDs and the defense stopped the Giants on each try.

Again, at the time we played the games, both teams were NOT  at the bottom of the league.  May be the Bills put them in the bottom of the league with their (Bills) play

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Why do Bills fans get all worked up over this sort of thing?

Let the team prove everyone wrong, and enjoy the ride.

I hate to say it, but we better get used to it. Besides, it will make winning much sweeter. 

First, consider the source. USA Today, and outlets like Yahoo, are known for lazy reporting in the sports world. They cater to the average fan, who doesn't know any better. 

One thing I will say is that, for about half of the 2-0 teams, we still don't know exactly what to expect from them throughout the season. We know that the Chiefs, **Pats, Cowboys, Rams are serious contenders (need to see more from Green Bay IMO). 

Some people that aren't sold om the Bills simply point to the teams they beat as reason for why. The Giants may not be good this year, but most people had the Jets ranked higher than the Bills entering the season, and the had their starting QB when the Bills beat them. They're viewed as "morbid" now, since they lost Darnold for several weeks, and lost their backup for the season, but they'll probably turn it around a bit once they get healthy, even with a questionble coaching staff.

If the Bills win Sunday, their opponents will have a combined 0-9 record. But what about some other 2-0 teams? If (when) the **Pats win Sunday, their opponents will have a combined 0-9 record. Isn't part of the reason for those teams' opponents having that combined record due to losing to superior teams that are now 2-0? 

The Rams beat a mostly Brees-less Saints team. The Seahawks nearly lost to the Bengals. The Cowboys beat the Giants and Redskins. Green Bay is two terrible decisions by two different QBs away from possibly one or two losses. San Fran beat TB and Cincy. Baltimore beat Miami and Arizona...

Again, lazy reporting. Regurgitaing narratives from other lazy obsevations.

That said, we really don't know how the Bills will look in 8-10 weeks. But the same can be said for many of the other 2-0 teams. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

When we played the Jets, they were NOT a bottom of the league team.  They actually were leading 16-0 close to end of 3rd quarter.  Then the Bills had a great comeback to win the game. 

When the Giants started the game, they started 7-0  by running the ball for 75 yards and then forced a 3-and out against the Bills.  The momentum was all in the Giants side.  Then the Bills offense and defense took over.  The Offense had 3 straight TDs and the defense stopped the Giants on each try.

Again, at the time we played the games, both teams were NOT  at the bottom of the league.  May be the Bills put them in the bottom of the league with their (Bills) play

I think of you asked just about anyone that knows about football, they would say the Jets and Giants are in the bottom 3rd of the league at the very least. Which is why just about every single ranking you’ll see, they are below even that. Right now I’m most power rankings they are probably posted as 30 and 31. 

Hey, we won the games we should have. But let’s not get crazy just yet 

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Jets weren't bottom of the league until we made them bottom of the league. They were middle of the pack and rated higher than the Bills. They had Darnold and we shut him down. They had Williams. They had Mosley for more than half the game and we moved the ball against them up and down the field when he was in there, too. That's a false narrative that they are two of the worst teams. Only one, the Giants were.

It doesn't matter where the Jets were ranked before the season started. The true rankings become evident as the season unfolds. The Jets' defense shut us down when Mosley played. After he got hurt our offense came to life. 

The Bills won the game because their kicker failed them in converting a routine extra point attempt and field goal attempt. He was cut shortly after the game. I'm not trying to diminish our victory against the Jets. Being a Bills fan I'm not going to sneer at any win under any circumstance. But what I'm not going to do is over-react to barely winning a game against a team that doesn't appear to be as good as many people predicted prior to the start of the season. 

Is there a big difference between being 1-1 vs 2-0 and entering the third game against an average team? From a league and even a hometown perception I would say so. As I said before I'm not diminishing our good start even with a fluke first game win. And make no mistake about it the Bills were fortunate to win that opening game. Although I'm not going to get carried away with this early unblemished record I am happy about it.  

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

It doesn't matter where the Jets were ranked before the season started. The true rankings become evident as the season unfolds. The Jets' defense shut us down when Mosley played. After he got hurt our offense came to life. 

The Bills won the game because their kicker failed them in converting a routine extra point attempt and field goal attempt. He was cut shortly after the game. I'm not trying to diminish our victory against the Jets. Being a Bills fan I'm not going to sneer at any win under any circumstance. But what I'm not going to do is over-react to barely winning a game against a team that doesn't appear to be as good as many people predicted prior to the start of the season. 

Is there a big difference between being 1-1 vs 2-0 and entering the third game against an average team? From a league and even a hometown perception I would say so. As I said before I'm not diminishing our good start even with a fluke first game win. And make no mistake about it the Bills were fortunate to win that opening game. Although I'm not going to get carried away with this early unblemished record I am happy about it.  

The bold is just false. And the Jets are pitiful because they don't have Darnold, Mosley, Williams and a couple others. They will likely get them back although mono could take a while. They are a .500 team with them, and a .200 team without. They had them against us for the most part.