Bills 2-0 are fools gold - Article

Virgil

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

It’s a very warm corner 

You’re not wrong.  I caved.  

It’s just frustrating what’s allowed to pass for as journalism 

No worries. It’s just one more chance to expose a clueless national fool who will hopefully have to eat crow for that later. He won’t be alone at THAT all you can eat buffet! 

"In their previous five 2-0 starts since 2000, the Bills have finished with a winning record just once (2014, 9-7) and never made the playoffs."

How does it make sense to even mention stats from so long ago? New coaches, new GM, new players, even a different owner from most of those years. Makes absolutely no sense to bring up the past like this and expect it to mean anything in regards to the current team. You know what's different about this team from those (despite every human being involved)? Those teams had crappy coaches, bad GM's, and bad QB's. This team has the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

No worries. It’s just one more chance to expose a clueless national fool who will hopefully have to eat crow for that later. He won’t be alone at THAT all you can eat buffet! 

Rob R:  “Did someone say all you can eat  buffet?!”

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

How does it make sense to even mention stats from so long ago?

Metrics geeks gotta metric.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I read another one very similar the other day.  Perhaps it might have been this very article.  It was funny because the guy basically said we weren't contenders because we only beat two bad teams.  I forgot who the teams literally just before us and after us but he said about them that they were contenders because they did what they were supposed to do and beat two bad teams.  So hypocritical.

Edited by Scott7975

You're only as good as your last game, and this is especially true of the Bills.

The Bills do not have the luxury of falling back on seasons of good play to cancel out a bad game as a fluke, they will be judged harshly the first time they come out of the gate and lay a turd.

So as much as I agree that the national media does not see the improvements that we die-hard fans see, I am not going to get wrapped around the axle because they are skeptical.

The Bills have a lot of work to do as an organization to earn back the credibility that decades of franchise incompetence has eroded. This does not detract from the hard work I think the staff at OBD is putting in, just saying don't expect any kudos from the national media pundits quite yet.

If the team keeps their focus and keeps working to improve, the success and recognition will follow - hard work by competent talented people will pay dividends. Trust the process.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lazy take. Easy target. No doubt the Bills haters (sorry....realists) here will jump to his defense.  But he is all in on those awesome Patriots. Stomping the Dolphins is proof.

Patriots' fan weighing in here...

The Dolphins game proved nothing except that the NE offense wasn't very sharp. The defense was great, but again it was against a team of backups. NE has been 0-2 and won a SB. They've also been 18-0 and lost a SB. It's far too early to know how things are going to turn out. Good teams from last year will fade and crap teams from last year will rise. What's the saying? Win the games you should and half the others?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anyone who doesn't actually watch football games and bases all opinions on recent history/memory will presume the Bills got "lucky" in their first two and still stink.

That's fine.

What will be interesting is to hear what those same people say when they are 7-1.

The reality is that we did get lucky in the Jet game. The kicker missed an extra point and what should be for a NFL kicker a routine field goal kick. The kicker was soon cut. I'm not complaining about good fortune because we have had so little of it for a very long time. At the end of the season the wins and losses get tabulated with no description on how they were garnered. A win's a win and a loss is a loss but for anyone who watched the Jet game we were very lucky to win that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Patriots' fan weighing in here...

The Dolphins game proved nothing except that the NE offense wasn't very sharp. The defense was great, but again it was against a team of backups. NE has been 0-2 and won a SB. They've also been 18-0 and lost a SB. It's far too early to know how things are going to turn out. Good teams from last year will fade and crap teams from last year will rise. What's the saying? Win the games you should and half the others?

Welcome to TSW.   Beating two bottom feeders at the start of the season just isn't impressive no matter what team does it.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Welcome to TSW.   Beating two bottom feeders at the start of the season just isn't impressive no matter what team does it.

100% correct! Cincy stinks too. So if the Bills win, they still haven't beaten anyone. If they lose, they still stink. That's the narrative, not my opinion.

I'll admit, that I rooted for the Bills in all 4 SBs before they got a competent owner...

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Literally the only 2-0 team he took a crap on.  And when you read his reasoning, you can see he hasn’t actually paid attention to this seasons games.  It’s your basic generalist BS

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-2-0-team-rankings-from-contenders-pats-to-fools-gold-bills/ar-AAHwXzg?li=BBnbfcL

Of course, maybe he's right.  Maybe if they get to 3-0 he will still say this.

4-0 would turn heads.  

All you can do is beat the teams on your schedule.  

The Jets weren't bottom of the league until we made them bottom of the league. They were middle of the pack and rated higher than the Bills. They had Darnold and we shut him down. They had Williams. They had Mosley for more than half the game and we moved the ball against them up and down the field when he was in there, too. That's a false narrative that they are two of the worst teams. Only one, the Giants were.

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

Yes this is exactly how it will play out---although we will play the Pats tougher than most teams but the national media wouldn't care. Then we will go to New England & lose again. However we will make the playoffs as a wildcard & everybody will right us off when we play the mighty Pats---that's when the changing of the guard occurs & we send them packing.

Let’s hope so 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

636801411558389729-Michael-Middlehurst-Schwartz.png (92Ã92)

Ok this dweeb is a SoCal native by birth and USC Grad.  How many actual non-Patriot AFC games has he ever watched.  And a USA today editor to boot.  My dog knows more about the NFL than this so-called expert.  

Probably the one who gave Darnold mono too.

Wonder if he’s actually talked to a girl without first entering his credit card number ?

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

F this guy.  

Literally the only 2-0 team he took a crap on.  And when you read his reasoning, you can see he hasn’t actually paid attention to this seasons games.  It’s your basic generalist BS

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-2-0-team-rankings-from-contenders-pats-to-fools-gold-bills/ar-AAHwXzg?li=BBnbfcL

I should GAS enough to F this guy, why?  I mean, who is he, and why does his opinion matter more than Biff from Tonawanda or a dozen folks here?

• Like (+1) 1