Kroft injured his ankle today

Albany,n.y.

So was that a total of 4 practices.  Frustrating for the kid I'm sure but not NFL durable.  Again, we sort of knew this going into it.  Given McD's quote, I can only presume its not something that would enable him to play this week.  

11 minutes ago, davspo said:

So was that a total of 4 practices.  Frustrating for the kid I'm sure but not NFL durable.  Again, we sort of knew this going into it.  Given McD's quote, I can only presume its not something that would enable him to play this week.  

Dude played in 46 out of 48 games over his first three seasons (missing two games in 2016) and then missed 11 games last season. So it's not like the guy has been a walking injury for his entire career, he just had some bad mojo last season and it's carried over to this season. It happens. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, davefan66 said:

Signed him in March.  Drafted Knox and Sweeney in April.

Based on what was on our roster in March at TE?  Good signing.

...Sammy's foot issues were prolonged...and he seems to finally be ok.....hopefully Kroft can get beyond this as well.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, benderbender said:

When do we cut bait? It makes you wonder what he said to convince the staff that he wasn’t an injury risk after a career of being injured. It almost makes you feel bad for Cincinnati. When Eifert wasn’t injured, he was and vice versa. Meanwhile Eifert is supposedly good to go this Sunday.

This team has a terrible track record in drafting and signing players coming off injuries (Shaq  Lawson, Trent Murphy, Morse, Kroft, EJ Gaines, Benjamin, etc.). I understand you can get “steals” in the draft and free agency this way but you have to consider dependability.

Edited by ColeB

3 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Both Knox and Sweeney have proven to be capable when on the field.  We haven't even had the chance to see Kroft yet, so I don't know what we're missing.

This is when the depth that Beane has acquired and McDermott has developed really pays off.  We can lose almost any starter on the team now and the next man up will be capable.  

Oddly for us, even the QB.  I wasn't a Barkley fan but the dude has played well in his spots.

4 hours ago, GG said:

Anyone find a lead pipe in Sweeney's locker?

He was heard muttering “Why me? Why me?” 

Sweeney just shrugged.  ?

I like our new guys, and I don’t know what Kroft offers or what we’re missing. This is certainly bad news, but I like the way the FO avoided it being disastrous. 

Even Lee Smith looked like a WR on one play last week! We both said “who’s that?” Surprising development. 

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Turning out to be a useless signing. 

Two games in you say this? It IS unfortunate, but....wow. Just wow. 

Time will tell. I’m making no decisions at this point with so little info. I happy that I like our two young (and cheap) guys so much. Very encouraging there. 

• Like (+1) 1