Kroft injured his ankle today

Albany,n.y.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't understand the comparison either.

Now if you had said that he reminds you of Jonas Jennings, then that would make perfect sense.

I am so glad we drafted 2 Tight Ends.

Rob Johnson is the poster boy for being injury prone.  I remember a game vs the Eagles in 1999 (week 3) where the Bills were winning easily and put Rob Johnson in in the 4th quarter.  I joked that Rob would get injured when he came in and all it took was 2 series before Rob left the game with an injury.  

To me, any player who is injury prone gets compared with Rob Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

So what you guys are saying is:

Kroft has at LEAST two broken ankles; his good one and his bad one. No word yet on his spleen and whether he is an organ donor.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We don’t even know what the injury is yet 

Croom should stay on IR and focus on his position as MVB.  Most Valuable Boyfriend.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Rob Johnson is the poster boy for being injury prone.  I remember a game vs the Eagles in 1999 (week 3) where the Bills were winning easily and put Rob Johnson in in the 4th quarter.  I joked that Rob would get injured when he came in and all it took was 2 series before Rob left the game with an injury.  

To me, any player who is injury prone gets compared with Rob Johnson. 

But even Rob Johnson was no Chris Chandler (a/k/a Crystal Chandelier.)

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Homers of the world unite! Someone's questioning team decision making again! :lol:

Here's another way to look at it.  If you're the owner and seeing that another UFA the team gave money to can't stay healthy (Kroft) or is flat out not getting it done (Star) how would you approach the GM and HC?  Think you'd wonder if their personnel acumen is an issue?  You bet you would when the checks come out of your account. 

If I was Terry Pegula, I would be pleased that Brandon Beane had the foresight to give Tyler Kroft a modest deal with very little long-term commitment.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

The Bills are going to have an issue when teams start shading coverage over the John Brown.  They needed Kroft to step up and he can't go.  Sweeney and Knox are nice stories, but combined they've got 4 catches for 54 yards in 2 games.  This team desperately needs a TE who can stay somewhat healthy and isn't hurt in practice.

If teams start shading coverage to John Brown, that just means Josh Allen will need to look elsewhere.  Maybe Cole Beasley gets more catches underneath.  Maybe Zay Jones or Robert Foster can exploit the other side.  Defenses adjusting is not the end of the world, and it is actually a very important step in our young Quarterback's development.

Opponents came into this season planning to keep Allen in the pocket, and not let him break off big runs.  Many critics thought this would spell doom for Allen, but instead he's done very well making throws from the pocket.  If he keeps it up, teams will be forced to give more heavy coverage looks, which will likely open up more scrambling opportunities.  Defenses simply can't do everything at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Just give him an injury settlement. We can get by with the 2 rookies, but I'd love a trade for one of Tampa's TEs.

Whats the point of a settlement?  If you want the space on the roster put him on IR - but why give him a settlement?  If he gets healthy and is a better player i'd rather have him.

Are the Tampa TE's even available for trade?