Kroft injured his ankle today

Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You know what would be even better? Not signing people with an established injury history with 1 decent season under their belts. 

Unless you're a massive homer, Buffalo's record with free agents has been either hit (Hyde, Poyer) or outright misses (Star, Vontae, McCarron, Kroft).  

Pro Personnel and offensive player evaluations have been average at best and it's something that has to improve if they're going to contend for a playoff spot.  

I think its low risk/high reward.  Doesnt cost much, but the production could be great....Clearly not happening

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You know what would be even better? Not signing people with an established injury history with 1 decent season under their belts. 

Unless you're a massive homer, Buffalo's record with free agents has been either hit (Hyde, Poyer) or outright misses (Star, Vontae, McCarron, Kroft).  

Pro Personnel and offensive player evaluations have been average at best and it's something that has to improve if they're going to contend for a playoff spot.  

Its fine what they did... got a decent value in free agency for a TE that fits what their trying to do as insurance, then the draft fell their way and the got nice talent... + they are using Dimarco as a TE. 

This is is a total non event. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Its fine what they did... got a decent value in free agency for a TE that fits what their trying to do as insurance, then the draft fell their way and the got nice talent... + they are using Dimarco as a TE. 

This is is a total non event. 

they are using DiMarco as a TE ? Huh ?

16 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You seem to be forgetting that they've rebuilt almost the entire offensive with free agents.  Added to the O-line Morse, Spain, Nsekhe, and especially reasonably priced Feliciano to the list of hits, now add WRs Smoke Brown, Beasley, the yet to be see Roberts who when ready should be a big boost to the return game, Gore as a player & mentor, finally, on defense, Murphy who is healthy & a force and I'd rate them WELL ABOVE average.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Availability matters, and this is troubling to say the least. Feel bad for him but he’s still getting a decent chunk of Pegula change either way, regardless of whether or not we ever see him in a Bills uni on game days 

I am going to swear right now.

...a lot.

Out of respect for you all, please plug your ears.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Classic BV HOT TAKES!

Free Agent record is hit or miss. You dont say?!?! That's how it is for literally every team. (BTW, Hyde and Poyer were Whaley signings)

"Established Injury History" He played in 46 out of 48 games his first 3 seasons, before his injury. So if by established history, you mean one injury, sure I guess.

Dont ever change, BV.

Homers of the world unite! Someone's questioning team decision making again! :lol:

Here's another way to look at it.  If you're the owner and seeing that another UFA the team gave money to can't stay healthy (Kroft) or is flat out not getting it done (Star) how would you approach the GM and HC?  Think you'd wonder if their personnel acumen is an issue?  You bet you would when the checks come out of your account. 

The Bills are going to have an issue when teams start shading coverage over the John Brown.  They needed Kroft to step up and he can't go.  Sweeney and Knox are nice stories, but combined they've got 4 catches for 54 yards in 2 games.  This team desperately needs a TE who can stay somewhat healthy and isn't hurt in practice.

Don’t think he’s ever gonna play for us... won’t matter though, we have Knox and Sweeney, and they are not broken and doing fine.

Go Bills!!!

I’d venture to say not many of us viewed this signing as important. He was among our 1st couple FA signees in what turned out to be a bonanza. We had just kicked Clay to the curb so TE was a desperate need and Kroft was the best available. We overpaid for him because of the need at the time. It’s much different now. The guy makes Glass Goodwin look like Hercules.

Cut bait.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Homers of the world unite! Someone's questioning team decision making again! :lol:

Here's another way to look at it.  If you're the owner and seeing that another UFA the team gave money to can't stay healthy (Kroft) or is flat out not getting it done (Star) how would you approach the GM and HC?  Think you'd wonder if their personnel acumen is an issue?  You bet you would when the checks come out of your account. 

The Bills are going to have an issue when teams start shading coverage over the John Brown.  They needed Kroft to step up and he can't go.  Sweeney and Knox are nice stories, but combined they've got 4 catches for 54 yards in 2 games.  This team desperately needs a TE who can stay somewhat healthy and isn't hurt in practice.

If Im the owner, The $10M we are giving Kroft is CHUMP CHANGE compared to the $1.5B cash money I just paid for the team (which is already worth $2B).

I'm also super happy and not ignoring the signings of Morse, Feliciano, Spain, Long, John Brown, Cole Beasley, and Frank Gore (count em, 7)... the way my most pessimistic fan is. Throw in Trent Murphy, DiMarco, and Barkley too.

But yeah, Star and Benjamin arent working out as planned, and one guy is injured. Better get worked up.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I guess his Bills debut won't happen Sunday.  Starting to remind me of Rob Johnson.  

1 hour ago, nucci said:

He broke his ankle....how is that like Johnson?

I don't understand the comparison either.

Now if you had said that he reminds you of Jonas Jennings, then that would make perfect sense.

I am so glad we drafted 2 Tight Ends.