Kroft injured his ankle today

Albany,n.y.

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

He injured his good ankle this time. Prolly putting too much stress on it by over compensating for his bad ankle. Could be nothing serious, but it isn't a good sign.

That is a good sign, but also a sign that he needs to keep rehabbing to get the same level of lateral push from each side.

I do think he is rushing things a bit, but glad if it is just a strain on the other ankle. Got to be frustrating for him.

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This is a guy who keeps trying to rush back from an injury and is only making things worse for himself.

I can understand his sense of urgency when there is two young TE studs taking all the reps on the field and football is his livelihood.

He needs to be a bit selfish and take care of his body first and foremost. This seems very similar to the injury to Watkins got early in his Bills debut that stole much of his career; as planting and cutting on a weak ankle is a simple recipe for injuring it again.

Since it was his other ankle, this point doesn't seem valid.  There does seem to come a time when you have to wonder about the value of keeping a player on the roster who can't stay on the field.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I believe this too. If for nothing else it would strengthen their lower legs and improve their balance.

Played goalie all my life, which involves a more intense form of skating for your ankles. I've never rolled an ankle. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

Since it was his other ankle, this point doesn't seem valid.  There does seem to come a time when you have to wonder about the value of keeping a player on the roster who can't stay on the field.

Not the same ankle, but could very well be overcompensating for weakness in the ankle he has been rehabbing.

The point is that rushing back before he is completely healed will only compile the injuries and solidify the "injury-prone" label he is likely trying to avoid. 

He is in a tough spot, but I will stop jumping the gun till we hear more.

Put him on IR. That keeps him out for 8 weeks at least and gives him the chance to heal fully if it is going to be another multi-week injury designation. That will open up a roster spot for anyone they would like to add. No harm in that and the TE group has been surprisingly solid thus far. 

• Like (+1) 1