Kroft injured his ankle today

Albany,n.y.

This is a guy who keeps trying to rush back from an injury and is only making things worse for himself.

I can understand his sense of urgency when there is two young TE studs taking all the reps on the field and football is his livelihood.

He needs to be a bit selfish and take care of his body first and foremost. This seems very similar to the injury to Watkins got early in his Bills debut that stole much of his career; as planting and cutting on a weak ankle is a simple recipe for injuring it again.

• Like (+1) 4

When do we cut bait? It makes you wonder what he said to convince the staff that he wasn’t an injury risk after a career of being injured. It almost makes you feel bad for Cincinnati. When Eifert wasn’t injured, he was and vice versa. Meanwhile Eifert is supposedly good to go this Sunday.

Edited by benderbender

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Frankly, I'd rather see Knox and Sweeney instead of a guy who's not taken a game snap with the team.

Pretty much my thoughts at this point in time. Kraft can be cut after one year anyways. IR him, get someone of value onto the roster. Our TE situation is fine with Knox, Sweeney and Lee. I actually doubt that Kraft would be any better than the first two. Cut him in the off season. They tried signing him at a point where they did not know how the TE situation would shape up. I am not sure they sign him if they knew that both Knox and Sweeney would be decent players. 

• Like (+1) 2

Both Knox and Sweeney have proven to be capable when on the field.  We haven't even had the chance to see Kroft yet, so I don't know what we're missing.

This is when the depth that Beane has acquired and McDermott has developed really pays off.  We can lose almost any starter on the team now and the next man up will be capable.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This is a guy who keeps trying to rush back from an injury and is only making things worse for himself.

I can understand his sense of urgency when there is two young TE studs taking all the reps on the field and football is his livelihood.

He needs to be a bit selfish and take care of his body first and foremost. This seems very similar to the injury to Watkins got early in his Bills debut that stole much of his career; as planting and cutting on a weak ankle is a simple recipe for injuring it again.

He injured his good ankle this time. Prolly putting too much stress on it by over compensating for his bad ankle. Could be nothing serious, but it isn't a good sign.

• Like (+1) 2