NFL competition committee likely to look at Dolphins tanking

BillsFan4

The NFL has wanted a busier FA period.  An actual trade period.  Now they have one.  Yes, they are tanking.  It's a method that actually works.  Striving for mediocrity does nothing. The larger markets cant handle it.  Miami will not show up to games.  

There is no way to prove they are tanking.

The Bills had a very similar road of moving players and creating cap space and acquiring picks. They had a player retire at half time. 

Their playoff season saw loses to the tune of

47-10 to the Saints

54-24 to the Chargers 

23-3 to the Pats. 

I do appreciate the "any given Sunday" mentality, but I also appreciate how hard it is to win in this league. If you lack talent, especially at QB, you will struggle, if not mightily.

Tbh there's absolutely no need for the NFL to EVER implement a draft lottery and I don't care how bad anyone tanks. The reason they do it in the NBA is because one transcendent player can completely change the course of your franchise (see: Lebron James) because there's only 5 guys playing at a time and 13 players total on a team. But in the NFL no player can completely carry a team, not even Brady or Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

Elite QBs don't have to be drafted #1.  They could be picked 10th, 7th, or 199.  

I think the trend is obvious.

New coaches and or management want to sink or swim with "their" guys.  

Jacksonville and Washington could have done this to but they have coaches coaching for their jobs.  Denver felt like they got their guy in the draft and the GM clearly doesn't like or will tolerate losing.   

But barring situations like Green Bay where you can't blow up the team because you have Aaron Rodgers, cases like Miami will continue to happen.