[Please Change Title] Cannot hit Tom Brady. Period.

Cynical

I hope Oliver full body slams him, holds him down, lets every other defensive player taking a flying elbow at him, then let each fan down from the seats to get their shots in too.

I mean, how many flags can they give us?  One, two...?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Last year a defender in close range of Brady attempted to block or deflect his pass.  The defenders follow through came down on Brady's helmet and roughing the passer was called.  Total BS.  I wonder what QB's from decades ago think about these "roughing the passer" calls.....

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

In other news, Brady was spotted at this guy’s wedding...:P

4307332.vpx

Wonder Twin powers activate!

Edited by Azucho98
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope Oliver full body slams him, holds him down, lets every other defensive player taking a flying elbow at him, then let each fan down from the seats to get their shots in too.

I mean, how many flags can they give us?  One, two...?

They can give as many as they want, but only enforce one. So all 11 guys get a free shot, for just a grand total of 15 yards? 

Sounds good to me.

• Like (+1) 2

Whenever I watch the Patriots play I feel like I’m watching the WWE Raw. I know everything is scripted and the outcome is always the same. The timing on all the flags that the Patriots get are really worth looking into. They are always thrown against the other teams big plays or on a Patriots 3rd down where they don’t convert it. I don’t have the time to go through them all but I would pay money to see a statistical chart from 2008 to present. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Cynical said:

I get the business aspect of this, but it is still BS.

It was a legal hit, and Brady did not even complain about it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article235240412.html

I don't understand the business aspect either.

The NFL has no incentive for Tom Brady to keep playing.  In fact, it's probably the opposite.

Outside of the people in Boston, every other football fan is absolutely SICK of seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  They want new faces and new teams to start stepping up.  Every time New England makes the Super Bowl, I hear tons of people say they aren't even interested in watching the game.  Of course they end up watching it anyway (because it's the Super Bowl and what else are you going to do in February), but it does show the fatigue of watching the same thing over and over for 20 straight years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Whenever I watch the Patriots play I feel like I’m watching the WWE Raw. I know everything is scripted and the outcome is always the same. The timing on all the flags that the Patriots get are really worth looking into. They are always thrown against the other teams big plays or on a Patriots 3rd down where they don’t convert it. I don’t have the time to go through them all but I would pay money to see a statistical chart from 2008 to present. 

It isn't just you, it is statistically proven, have a look at a very interesting breakdown of penalties in close games (8 points or less going into the 4th), and all other games. When games are close you can count on the refs tilting the game. Things like this just shoot a hole in the "Patriots are just more disciplined argument" because the discipline wouldn't only show up in close games. 

Stat New England vs. Opponents NFL Rank in the Split
Penalties in Other Games 2% more 20
Penalty Yards in Other Games 2% more 22
Penalties in Close Games 24% less 1
Penalty Yards in Close Games 21% less 1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, ocemur said:

I just hope somebody hits him with a comically large plastic sex toy. I shouldn't encourage this stuff and it shouldn't amuse me, but I'm kind of ok with it.

I would not condone someone bringing an inflatable sex doll with "Orchids of Asia" written on it to throw on the field.  Nope, that just would not be cool to do.

• Like (+1) 2