Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

Still spinning something which is plain as day. 500 words between statements. 500+. 

The first thing brought up after favor was 2016. There's nothing wrong or improper about that. Zip. He never asked to dig up dirt on Joe. He asked the president to look into the corruption charges which are open source and ongoing in BOTH countries. Again, nothing wrong with that... 

...Unless you apply the spin, which requires inventing facts (like the money being withheld, or like Schiff making up the entire statement). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You've said repeatedly, for days now without any evidence to support it, that money was withheld because Trump was clearly leaning on the president of Ukraine. 

(This never happened, there's still no evidence to support it -- and despite waiting for you to provide it, you've run from said challenge for almost a week).

In the same breath you've also said, from the beginning, that the call wasn't impeachable. Which it isn't. 

But extortion is impeachable... and you claim that's what happened with the money without providing evidence. 

See why you're confused? You speak out of both sides of your mouth because you, by your own admission, trust the words of experts over yourself or evidence that runs counter to their words. That's how you boxed yourself into this position. There wasn't money withheld for the purpose of pressuring the Ukraine to find dirt on Joe. That story doesn't have anything to support it but the spin of the media who's proven to be liars and IC officials who have proven the same. 

Nincompoop brain, he withheld the aid. And he used the aid on the call as leverage. That's all circumstantially relevant to the next sentence I will type. N'est pa?

Then he asked for (let's use "solicited," shall we, since you're too dense to use it and brought up extortion) election help (let's call it an "in kind" contribution perhaps) from a foreign leader to investigate his leading political rival. 

Jesus, even some of Trump's biggest supporters think the call looks bad. But not you bud. You're tossing Trump's salad (which let's admit this at least, isn't nice based on his "diet").  

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He never asked to dig up dirt on Joe.

Did he have a list of people he named? Or did he only name one of them? 

Please show your work. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Prove it. 

Should be easy. 

You keep saying it happened. 

Do you not believe the aid was withheld until Congress beat his ass about it?

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What are you talking about? This post really shows how incredibly ignorant you are. What sources do you get your info from? 

John has quoted info from the sources. The only two that matter 

I quote from the bible. Does that mean I've read it?  

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Received by the committee.  Schiff can easily say he received them personally, thus they weren't made available to members of the committee, and be correct under the letter of the law.

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

zzzzzz

Schiff is a tool and this was a tool moment. Give him his spanking and move on. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"All 17 intelligence agencies agreed with the ICA! The media told me so!"

Prove that aid was withheld. Show me the evidence. 

Do you want me to quote the president himself? Again? He says he withheld the aid. And he released it only when Congress got up his ass about it. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No, vertical text is not one of his usual tropes.

You're really bad at this "You're really bad at this" drinking game.

Vertical text is one to watch. 

I do respect his Emmy nomination but my guess is that it’s not in a “best original” category. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Do you want me to quote the president himself? Again? He says he withheld the aid. And he released it only when Congress got up his ass about it. 

It amazes me how people who insist Trump is a liar and you can't trust anything he says will turn around and take the blandest statements of his as gospel when it's convenient. 

Trump does not exist in any sort of reality as normal people would define it.  You can't trust anything he says.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Your thinking: So the Biden ask wasn't a favor. It was an, umm, another "thing" he wanted. After talking about aid. Now Crowdstrike was a favor. And Bidens was not a favor. But an ask.

And this distinction matters because...?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the whole transcript. Go read it and then see what you think.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read the whole transcript. Go read it and then see what you think.

Exactly! Martha MacCallum just asked the Assistant Press Secretary why Trump asked the Ukrainian President to work with Rudy Giuliani on the Biden question. The problem is HE DIDN’T! Trump asked him to work with the Attorney General on that issue. Talk about lazy reporting. Doesn’t anyone actually read anything anymore? Come on Fox! Not you too? Drain the swamp!

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

President Adams

The Congress appropriates funds for everything in the federal budget. The Administration is the one that decides how and when those funds are dispersed.  

Not quite.  Appropriations is done line-item by line-item. and the executive can't generally move money around between them (aside from a few specifically legislated cases).  

For example, from the 2019 NIH appropriation:

For necessary expenses for Departmental Management, including the hire of three passenger motor vehicles, $337,756,000, together with not to exceed $308,000, which may be expended from the Employment Security Administration account in the Unemployment Trust Fund: Provided, That $59,825,000 for the Bureau of International Labor Affairs shall be available for obligation through December 31, 2019: Provided further, That funds available to the Bureau of International Labor Affairs may be used to administer or operate international labor activities, bilateral and multilateral technical assistance, and microfinance programs, by or through contracts, grants, subgrants and other arrangements: Provided further, That not more than $53,825,000 shall be for programs to combat exploitative child labor internationally and not less than $6,000,000 shall be used to implement model programs that address worker rights issues through technical assistance in countries with which the United States has free trade agreements or trade preference programs: Provided further, That $8,040,000 shall be used for program evaluation and shall be available for obligation through September 30, 2020: Provided further, That funds available for program evaluation may be used to administer grants for the purpose of evaluation: Provided further, That grants made for the purpose of evaluation shall be awarded through fair and open competition: Provided further, That funds available for program evaluation may be transferred to any other appropriate account in the Department for such purpose: Provided further, That the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate are notified at least 15 days in advance of any transfer: Provided further, That the funds available to the Women's Bureau may be used for grants to serve and promote the interests of women in the workforce: Provided further, That of the amounts made available to the Women’s Bureau, not less than $994,000 shall be used for grants authorized by the Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations Act.

And NIH alone has 150 pages of this *****.  Within the constraints of that federal law, the White House has complete "freedom" to disperse as they see fit.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

President Adams

The Congress appropriates funds for everything in the federal budget. The Administration is the one that decides how and when those funds are dispersed.  

So you're saying the president can withhold funds.

In this case, he only released the funds when Congress, including a lot of Rs, got up in his business about it. 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It amazes me how people who insist Trump is a liar and you can't trust anything he says will turn around and take the blandest statements of his as gospel when it's convenient. 

Trump does not exist in any sort of reality as normal people would define it.  You can't trust anything he says.

This is hard to counter.