Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Asking a foreign government for a political favor.

You mean like...Joe withholding $1B in loans to Ukraine until they fired a prosecutor looking into, among other things, why someone unqualified like Hunter Biden was being paid $50K/month to sit on the Board of Ukranian natural gas company Burisma?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

Ha. Ok. Got it. 

Dem Playbook:

1) use your political position and influence to enrich your family through foreign governments and foreign corporations

2) call any investigation into said corruption a crime, especially if it’s being done by an opposition party 

3) fire up the doublespeak department of truth (MSM) to obfuscate the obvious

4) when that doesn’t work, wait a few weeks, rinse, repeat

Once again Biden being corrupt is irrelevant to wither or not Trump broke the law.

Just now, Doc said:

You mean like...Joe withholding $1B in loans to Ukraine until they fired a prosecutor looking into, among other things, why someone unqualified like Hunter Biden was being paid $50K/month to sit on the Board of Ukranian natural gas company Burisma?

Yeah throw Biden in jail, I don't care to defend Joe Biden but the corruption charges against Biden being true or untrue do not factor into wither or not what Trump did was illegal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Yeah throw Biden in jail, I don't care to defend Joe Biden but the corruption charges against Biden being true or untrue do not factor into wither or not what Trump did was illegal.

For Biden to be thrown into jail, that whole thing has to be looked into.  If there's political gain from it, it's a by-product.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

For Biden to be thrown into jail, that whole thing has to be looked into.  If there's political gain from it, it's a by-product.

There are channels through the justice department to go through if Trump wanted this investigated. He went straight to the Ukraine a country the US has power over to expedite the process to use Ukranian resources for political gain. Thus using his position as president to ask for a political favor. Thus breaking the law regardless of Biden's guilt or innocence.

Edited by billsfan89

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

“the intangible right of honest services.” 18 U.S.C. § 1346. The theory is that by performing an official act in exchange for personal gain, a public official defrauds his constituents of his honest services 

18 U.S.C. 1346 reads as follows:

For the purposes of this chapter, the term “scheme or artifice to defraud” includes a scheme or artifice to deprive another of the intangible right of honest services.

That's it. 

Edited by Rob's House

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

“the intangible right of honest services.” 18 U.S.C. § 1346. The theory is that by performing an official act in exchange for personal gain, a public official defrauds his constituents of his honest services 

Please identify the "official act" Trump performed for "personal gain".

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looks like both Biden and Trump we’re wrong in using their office for personal gain

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Once again Biden being corrupt is irrelevant to wither or not Trump broke the law.

You would need far FAR more to go on that the transcript we read to be correct. In fact, you’d need an entirely new set of facts. 

There was literally nothing in that transcript that was “illegal”. There was nothing even shady. Like I said pages and pages before, when I finished reading it I had to go over it again because I thought I missed a page or something.  

To believe any of this nonsensically story you have to believe that any mention of any support of a country or leader is somehow a veiled threat to pull aid. Even though the The President has been crystal clear when there is a threat to pull aid (see Mexico)

Example: “Prime Minister, we appreciate our relationship with your country and have always been a big supporter and great friends, unlike other countries who are closer in proximity to you”

Dem Translation: THREAT! ILLEGAL!  IMPEACH!

• Like (+1) 2

The biggest “crime” here is the amount of money US Taxpayers give to foreign countries year after year and don’t bother even questioning it.  USAID website is a staggering way to spend a few minutes. 

Dems have the votes, repubs starting to see the light. Time for tRump to pull a nixon and resign. Any of you think he will want to sit thru an impeachment trial. Cracks in the gop wall of obstruction are starting to show. God bless America and our constitution!

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Trump met with the Ukrainian president in an official capacity as president. A meeting with a foreign leader to discuss matters is by definition an official act.

So... you're trying to claim that the Ukrainian president somehow paid Trump to meet with him?

You really should read the "law" you're trying to cram this farce into.

7 minutes ago, dbmu1977 said:

Dems have the votes, repubs starting to see the light. Time for tRump to pull a nixon and resign. Any of you think he will want to sit thru an impeachment trial. Cracks in the gop wall of obstruction are starting to show. God bless America and our constitution!

Normally I reserve this response for Tibs' stupidity, but you've managed to spectacularly outdo him:

goodfellas-laugh-Henry-Hill.gif

• Haha (+1) 3