Some very interesting Josh Allen Stats and Observations

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yup its easy to explain away.  He was an under developed rookie from a small school.  So far his progress this year backs that up.  Just like all the work he has put in and having a better supporting cast and a year under his belt explains the improvement.  Your arguement last year was probably that he was a bad QB.  That argument has been disproven.

Yes after 2 weeks against the Jets and Giants Josh Allen has arrived and I’ve been “disproven,” even though I’ve said since the end of last season he played way beyond my expectations even in his rookie year. You done some good readin’ boy. 

Or rather, anyone like me that is just a bit hesitant in anointing the kid as the second coming gets shouted down and accused of ruining the party. Sorry! 

32 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yes after 2 weeks against the Jets and Giants Josh Allen has arrived and I’ve been “disproven,” even though I’ve said since the end of last season he played way beyond my expectations even in his rookie year. You done some good readin’ boy. 

Or rather, anyone like me that is just a bit hesitant in anointing the kid as the second coming gets shouted down and accused of ruining the party. Sorry! 

Just curious, which QB did you actually want the Bills to pick?

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Another stat that caught my eye was the fact that Allen threw 30 or more times in both games this season and winning bboth games!

Last year the Bills were 0-9 when throwing 30+ times in a game, with Allen going 0-6 and looking dreadful in the process.

That was the infamous fault of Tyrod Taylor.   2 and 15 when passing more than 30 times per game.  

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The point is you can’t cherry pick stats and look credible. Josh Allen is improving, quite a bit actually. But being familiar with his fan club here you should know that any negative stats associated with the kid (the horrid comp%, the ttr, and all the missed reads, etc from the first season) are ignored or explained away.

josh allen is good - way better than I’d thought he’d be, even last season. And he’s getting better by the week it seems. The cheerleading threads are tedious though. He’s not the strength of this team right now; the defense is. 

Considering this is the first season he a) is the clear starter, and b) has talent around him, I don't think there is much point on focusing on last year, unless you are a glutton for punishment. When Josh has his next 50% completion game, then I think we can bring that up again. Right now it seems pointless because most of his throws are on the mark. In fact I read a stat someone called "adjusted completions" taking out throwaways and drops. He's #6 in the league with 84%.

Not to look past Cincinnati but we know which game is the first huge midterm exam for Josh. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didnt say that.  He is improving.  If you read my other comments in various threads they'll back it up.

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

^^^My favorite stat

Last year ALL 6 of his losses were also ALL 6 of his 30+ times passing games

This year 2-0 when passing 30+ times

That statistic says a hell of alot.

A recipe for disaster! We all know in today's modern era of football if you want to win games you have to pound the rock 30+ times a game, not pass. Only the good coaches understand this- Gus Henderson, Mike Getto and Rex Ryan.

?

The point is you can’t cherry pick stats and look credible. Josh Allen is improving, quite a bit actually. But being familiar with his fan club here you should know that any negative stats associated with the kid (the horrid comp%, the ttr, and all the missed reads, etc from the first season) are ignored or explained away.

josh allen is good - way better than I’d thought he’d be, even last season. And he’s getting better by the week it seems. The cheerleading threads are tedious though. He’s not the strength of this team right now; the defense is. 

I agree. Why just the other day, I visited the local library to read up on the Great Pyramids.  I accessed the  Dewey Decimal Clasification system to get a general idea of where to look, walked over to the section and discovered many, many books on the pyramids.  Big books, small books, some with pictures, some with none, and some were about pyramids that weren't even in Egypt.

I went to the front desk and spoke with the librarian, a mousey lady with her hair in a bun and glasses that seemed too large for her face, and I asked her: "What's with all the books on pyramids? Do you people really expect me to read through all of these?  It's a glorified triangle!!".

She told me to be stop talking so loud and get a book or not, made no difference to her.  Honestly, I liked her sass and the more I looked, the more I realized she maybe had a little something going on behind all the layers so I asked her out. 

Turns out she was a gymnast in college and stays in shape by doing yoga to stay flexible.  We're going out next week, she said something about getting out of those stuffy librarian clothes and going buck wild. Should be fun! 

My point is that sometimes, it's not a bad thing that there are so many books about pyramids. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

He is improving,  however Lamar Jackson is pulling away.  For a time I thought the comparison would be between Darnold and Allen, but it seems to be between Jackson and Allen.

Coaching and team culture likely play a role in that. We’ve seen what McD has done here, and Baltimore is always stable. I can’t really say anything positive about the Jets, Cardinals, or sushi. The Browns are interesting, but Kitchens is inexperienced so we’ll see how it works out. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Coaching and team culture likely play a role in that. We’ve seen what McD has done here, and Baltimore is always stable. I can’t really say anything positive about the Jets, Cardinals, or sushi. The Browns are interesting, but Kitchens is inexperienced so we’ll see how it works out. 

The Browns to me really seem like a team on a knife's edge.  Culturally unstable.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

The Brows to me really seem like a team on a knife's edge.  Culturally unstable.

Not at all!! Way off! The Browns remind me of the Rex Ryan Jets... well disciplined, players are team oriented and no me-first players at all on the team.

?

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Love what I saw last week and outside of a few head scratching decisions against the Jets.

For those losses last season you say Josh should've/could've won you could argue a few he should've/could've easily lost. Home Titans and home Lions last season, even week 1 this year against the Jets. 

Looks good so far. The true test/barometer is  NE next week, IMO. Not just for Allen but for other players(Edmunds, WR corps) and team as a whole. 

i'm not sure we're being realistic here when 30 other teams would struggle in the same circumstance.  I dare say most would lose, if not all.

besides - if we managed to beat them the message would be "Pats*** are still the better team, they just had an off day"

the true test/barometer is to exceed expectations and that, apparently, is different person by person; i'd like to see stability, consistency and more wins than losses.

for me the expectations rise next year.

5 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That is all I need to see. Troll?

Edited by fansince88

8 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I know and I get it Joe. There are sooo many of them though. After two weeks against bad teams. It’s all good I’d like to see the defense get at least equal time. Whatever, it’s fine. i hope Allen hangs 40 on the bengals. 

Are you really shocked people are obsessed with the QB? The thing that excites me the most is that we are so deep on both the defensive and offensive lines literally 8 guys on DL who can play solid and step up when their number is called. And we have OL who aren't active on game day who are better than 4/5 of last year's starters. That's crazy!

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Does on board mean sold on Josh as the franchise quarterback or will simply root for him?  I'm cautiously optimistic but the sample size isn't big enough at this point.  He beat up on the Jets without Mosley in the 2nd half (after the defense bailed him out after four turnovers in the 1st half) and the Giants who has a terrible secondary.  He has the right attitude, moxie, leadership, personality, etc... but I need to see more against better defenses before I crown him. 

Let's see what he can do against New England, Tennessee, Baltimore, Dallas, Cleveland, and Philly.

It means I’m sold. He makes mistakes but 2 of those turnovers were not on him and I could also argue the center exchange fumble. Solidly sold based on what I’ve seen. 

I agree it’s a small sample size but he has shown me what I need to see. 

On 9/19/2019 at 4:02 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

Have no problem with doubts

just give credit that he looks good now

• Thank you (+1) 1