Some very interesting Josh Allen Stats and Observations

JerseyBills

ByJoshua Allen has 13 starts in the NFL now . His first few starts he was surrounded by an Overall brutal offense for 11 of those starts, showing glimpses of greatness mixed with glimpses of terrible QB play. 

I've been sold on him since last year but by the end of this off season and Training Camp there were no doubts left in me , I knew the Buffalo Bills finally had our Franchise QB!! 

He handles himself like a Franchise QB , most importantly it's the respect and confidence his teammates , coaches and organization truly have in him. He earned that C on his jersey , and is going to work tirelessly to reach the sky high potential he posseses and seems to also posess the winning and clutch genes. Qualities you can't teach or coach up

Win - Loss Record

Baker - 7 - 8 

Darnold - 4 - 10

Allen - 7 - 6 

Jackson 8-2 (including playoffs)

The craziest part is that he could realistically be 10 - 3 right now. I consider the Texans game a No Contest. It's fair to say he would have had a legit opportunity to win that game. 

We all remember the Clay drop in Miami and the defense surprisingly letting Darnold march down the field in New Era , right after Allen lead the offense down the field with minutes left in the game.

The kid can flat out play and win consistently. 

We added multiple new toys for Allen this year but the big two additions were Smokey Brown and Cole Beasley. 

Let's check in on how that's going, shall we?

Brown/Beasley combined #s

Week 1- 12/19 163 yards 1 TD

Week 2- 11/12 155 yards ???

Making Allen 23/31 (74% completion pct) 

318 yards and 1 TD after Two ROAD games when targeting these 2!

Just super impressive through the first 2 games for Allen to have such a strong rapport with his new FA targets. 

Another stat that caught my eye was the fact that Allen threw 30 or more times in both games this season and winning bboth games!

Last year the Bills were 0-9 when throwing 30+ times in a game, with Allen going 0-6 and looking dreadful in the process.

All of this info tells me a couple of things - Josh Allen and this Offense has made some clear improvements in their game. 

They just did something in back to back ROAD games (throw 30+ times & get the   W!) that they were unable to accomplish in 9 attempts last year... Bottom Line - the pass game is drastically improved.

Then there's the run game , a run game that was nearly non existent before Allen went crazy with his legs down the stretch. 

Our top 2 running backs ran for 899 yards on 276 carries , for a whopping 3.25 ypc!

In the first 2 games of 2019, again , ON THE ROAD ,Gore & Motor have a combined 215 yards on 40 carries , for an amazing turnaround of 5.37 ypc. 

Bottom Line - It's early but what the O has done on the broad has been super impressive and if this can maintain , with that D and Hausch $$ kicking , the sky is truly the limit for this team. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Another stat that caught my eye was the fact that Allen threw 30 or more times in both games this season and winning bboth games!

Last year the Bills were 0-9 when throwing 30+ times in a game, with Allen going 0-6 and looking dreadful in the process.

^^^My favorite stat

Last year ALL 6 of his losses were also ALL 6 of his 30+ times passing games

This year 2-0 when passing 30+ times

That statistic says a hell of alot.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

^^^My favorite stat

Yeah. Last year if they passed that much, it was because they had to.

This year they're passing that much because they want to. They made a statement when they started off the year with 15-20 straight passes.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

^^^My favorite stat

Yes THAT stat says “a hell of a lot” but the negative trends he put up last year meant nothing..???

• Haha (+1) 1

He has grow, and that should be expected in year 2, and I think he is getting better game by game (starting in the 2nd half of last season). But I think the one huge factor in the statistical success you highlighted in the first two games this year is the improved o-line play = better protection and better results in the run game.

When one reflects on it, it's a miracle this team won 6 games last year with the offense of players it had. Every aspect of the offense has improved, from QB to the line, WRs, TEs, and backs.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

ByJoshua Allen has 13 starts in the NFL now . His first few starts he was surrounded by an Overall brutal offense for 11 of those starts, showing glimpses of greatness mixed with glimpses of terrible QB play. 

I've been sold on him since last year but by the end of this off season and Training Camp there were no doubts left in me , I knew the Buffalo Bills finally had our Franchise QB!! 

He handles himself like a Franchise QB , most importantly it's the respect and confidence his teammates , coaches and organization truly have in him. He earned that C on his jersey , and is going to work tirelessly to reach the sky high potential he posseses and seems to also posess the winning and clutch genes. Qualities you can't teach or coach up

Win - Loss Record

Baker - 7 - 8 

Darnold - 4 - 10

Allen - 7 - 6 

Jackson 8-2 (including playoffs)

The craziest part is that he could realistically be 10 - 3 right now. I consider the Texans game a No Contest. It's fair to say he would have had a legit opportunity to win that game. 

We all remember the Clay drop in Miami and the defense surprisingly letting Darnold march down the field in New Era , right after Allen lead the offense down the field with minutes left in the game.

The kid can flat out play and win consistently. 

We added multiple new toys for Allen this year but the big two additions were Smokey Brown and Cole Beasley. 

Let's check in on how that's going, shall we?

Brown/Beasley combined #s

Week 1- 12/19 163 yards 1 TD

Week 2- 11/12 155 yards ???

Making Allen 23/31 (74% completion pct) 

318 yards and 1 TD after Two ROAD games when targeting these 2!

Just super impressive through the first 2 games for Allen to have such a strong rapport with his new FA targets. 

All of this info tells me a couple of things - Josh Allen and this Offense has made some clear improvements in their game. 

They just did something in back to back ROAD games (throw 30+ times & get the   W!) that they were unable to accomplish in 9 attempts last year... Bottom Line - the pass game is drastically improved.

Then there's the run game , a run game that was nearly non existent before Allen went crazy with his legs down the stretch. 

Our top 2 running backs ran for 899 yards on 276 carries , for a whopping 3.25 ypc!

In the first 2 games of 2019, again , ON THE ROAD ,Gore & Motor have a combined 215 yards on 40 carries , for an amazing turnaround of 5.37 ypc. 

Bottom Line - It's early but what the O has done on the broad has been super impressive and if this can maintain , with that D and Hausch $$ kicking , the sky is truly the limit for this team. 

Good post.

Baker is 8-8 after Monday...still would love to see Josh stay ahead of him on this.  JB, if you ask the question of who has the higher winning percentage between these two 9 out of 10 are going to say Baker.

word needs to get out on Josh...by keeping on winning it helps.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yes THAT stat says “a hell of a lot” but the negative trends he put up last year meant nothing..???

Please, for the rest of the class, could you go into detail on the negative trends you are speaking of? Has he improved? What say you?

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He has grow, and that should be expected in year 2, and I think he is getting better game by game (starting in the 2nd half of last season). But I think the one huge factor in the statistical success you highlighted in the first two games this year is the improved o-line play = better protection and better results in the run game.

When one reflects on it, it's a miracle this team won 6 games last year with the offense of players it had. Every aspect of the offense has improved, from QB to the line, WRs, TEs, and backs.

Great point! And for us to see better line play and WR that can actually catch we can see him improve. Without a surroundings cast of players he CAN'T improve. Last season after the injury we saw growth because he was such a run threat and his running ability gave him space to throw. This year he still has that threat along with more time. It is a great day to say "I've held on during the tough years"!

3 hours ago, SJDK said:

I’m on board with Josh and those who still aren’t shouldn’t call themselves fans. He makes his weaknesses his strengths. That is a leader and a franchise quarterback.

He is improving,  however Lamar Jackson is pulling away.  For a time I thought the comparison would be between Darnold and Allen, but it seems to be between Jackson and Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Please, for the rest of the class, could you go into detail on the negative trends you are speaking of? Has he improved? What say you?

The point is you can’t cherry pick stats and look credible. Josh Allen is improving, quite a bit actually. But being familiar with his fan club here you should know that any negative stats associated with the kid (the horrid comp%, the ttr, and all the missed reads, etc from the first season) are ignored or explained away.

josh allen is good - way better than I’d thought he’d be, even last season. And he’s getting better by the week it seems. The cheerleading threads are tedious though. He’s not the strength of this team right now; the defense is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The point is you can’t cherry pick stats and look credible. Josh Allen is improving, quite a bit actually. But being familiar with his fan club here you should know that any negative stats associated with the kid (the horrid comp%, the ttr, and all the missed reads, etc from the first season) are ignored or explained away.

josh allen is good - way better than I’d thought he’d be, even last season. And he’s getting better by the week it seems. The cheerleading threads are tedious though. He’s not the strength of this team right now; the defense is. 

You're right. I mean how dare these plebs enjoy themselves after taking heaped abuse from the haters last year? ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You're right. I mean how dare these plebs enjoy themselves after taking heaped abuse from the haters last year? ?

I know and I get it Joe. There are sooo many of them though. After two weeks against bad teams. It’s all good I’d like to see the defense get at least equal time. Whatever, it’s fine. i hope Allen hangs 40 on the bengals. 

3 hours ago, SJDK said:

I’m on board with Josh and those who still aren’t shouldn’t call themselves fans. He makes his weaknesses his strengths. That is a leader and a franchise quarterback.

Does on board mean sold on Josh as the franchise quarterback or will simply root for him?  I'm cautiously optimistic but the sample size isn't big enough at this point.  He beat up on the Jets without Mosley in the 2nd half (after the defense bailed him out after four turnovers in the 1st half) and the Giants who has a terrible secondary.  He has the right attitude, moxie, leadership, personality, etc... but I need to see more against better defenses before I crown him. 

Let's see what he can do against New England, Tennessee, Baltimore, Dallas, Cleveland, and Philly.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Does on board mean sold on Josh as the franchise quarterback or will simply root for him?  I'm cautiously optimistic but the sample size isn't big enough at this point.  He beat up on the Jets without Mosley in the 2nd half (after the defense bailed him out after four turnovers in the 1st half) and the Giants who has a terrible secondary.  He has the right attitude, moxie, leadership, personality, etc... but I need to see more against better defenses before I crown him. 

Let's see what he can do against New England, Tennessee, Baltimore, Dallas, Cleveland, and Philly.

On board means you better say nothing but positive things and be working overtime to excuse away any bad play Allen may “appear” to make.

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I know and I get it Joe. There are sooo many of them though. After two weeks against bad teams. It’s all good I’d like to see the defense get at least equal time. Whatever, it’s fine. i hope Allen hangs 40 on the bengals. 

I get it but it's refreshing to have unbridled optimism around here for a change. I for one hope it doesn't change.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Then start some threads about the defense.  Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yup its easy to explain away.  He was an under developed rookie from a small school.  So far his progress this year backs that up.  Just like all the work he has put in and having a better supporting cast and a year under his belt explains the improvement.  Your arguement last year was probably that he was a bad QB.  That argument has been disproven.

• Like (+1) 2