all fanhood aside: what is needed to anoint Josh Allen as "the one"

rayray808

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Beat the Pats.

10-6. 

Show toughness and grit, maybe with a hard-fought come-from-behind victory that seemed impossible (may already have that one with the Jets game)

Win a playoff game.

Me too, man. I wanted Rosen. I couldn't believe they blew the draft pick.

Two years later, I've never been happier to be proven wrong! I love the kid.

Same here and pretty sure I posted on a message board Wrong Josh.

17 hours ago, rayray808 said:

We all come with a bias on these message boards of being Bills fans... some loved him when drafted, some hated, and most had their doubts... but out of curiosity - what would need to happen for you to finally sit back and be like "alright, Josh Allen is the franchise"

My answer: eliminate head scratching turn overs, and at a minimum split the season series with the Pats but be relevant in both games

He beat the teams that will be picking #2 and #3-5 in the next draft. Scrubs and bums. All except Mosely obviously. Think of how many "the ones" have come through Buffalo since Flutie... He's athletic for sure, but so were so many other flame outs. Give him a good o-line and see what happens. Your RBs are solid.

all fanhood aside: what is needed to anoint Josh Allen as "the one".....

Position already filled:

Image result for neo is the one gif

In case you need anymore proof:

Image result for neo is the one gif

Sports analogies like "The One", "Warrior", "Genius", "Guru", "Gunslinger" etc. are silly and sophmoric.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Real question to try understand the parameters of chosen one.  Was Joe Flacco the Ravens chosen one after winning the Super Bowl? 

couldn't compare the two, not even close to the same players. in common as a team, both have/had a stout defense. bills not quite the level as baltimore but they hold their own so far.

JA just needs to keep doing what he's doing. developing, showing leadership and helping the team to win football games. I have a feeling, although some are already seeing it, by seasons end he should have heads turning?

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Consistency

This is what I've been saying since the beginning.

He has a lot of talent and is capable of making the plays.

But he has to perform on a high enough level, consistently.

I think we will have a very good idea of where he is after this season.

It shouldn't take more to know who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If he plays consistently like he did vs the Giants (and for spells vs the Jets) then I am sold that Josh Allen is the franchise. That is all he has to do. Keep playing like that. Smart, decisive, accurate and chain moving. 

..."steady as she goes Captain Nemo"......no need to rush things if we're showing step by step progress....let 'em go and grow until week 16 when he locks up #1 WC spot vs #2(RELUCTANTLY saying Pats grab the AFCE title again....BUT...)............

Win and be a key factor in contributing to those wins. I think given how much context goes into football it is hard to put a number on it. 4000 yards, 30+ TD's sub 12 INT's, and a 60% or better completion percentage are certainly great benchmarks but Matthew Stafford has some impressive passing numbers but his winning ability is suspect same with Kirk Cousins. 

So I think he needs to drive a quality offense and win. Numbers should be good but numbers as always can be misleading. I also think success definitely needs to be measured over the course of multiple seasons. We have seen Drew Bledsoe have 8 quality games, Fitz and Trent Edwards get off to a hot start and Tyrod flash some ability but to me Josh will be anointed a franchise QB when he puts together back to back high end winning seasons. Success is sustained over multiple seasons not simply if you beat the Pats one week like Fitz did. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, rayray808 said:

We all come with a bias on these message boards of being Bills fans... some loved him when drafted, some hated, and most had their doubts... but out of curiosity - what would need to happen for you to finally sit back and be like "alright, Josh Allen is the franchise"

My answer: eliminate head scratching turn overs, and at a minimum split the season series with the Pats but be relevant in both games

A Super Bowl MVP award.

Be Josh Allen.   He is a fantastic athlete,  humble,  take risks and a great team mate. 

His accuracy will improve as he synchronizes better with Brown, Beasley and the TEs.  

The sky is the limit for his talent level and he has already demonstrated a maturity beyond his years of age.  

I don't want him to be the next Kelly or Brady or Favre or Brees.  I want him to be the Bills Allen.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a3f29d623e719c3855b

Luv it !!!!

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, I think he already is.

But...in the media and around the nation's eye...a good season of throwing the ball which would be in 4000+ yard neighborhood with 30+ total TDs, 60+ comp %, reasonable or less amount of turnovers...

...and most importantly...playoffs with at least a playoff win.  

Again, my eye test tells me he already is.  But non-bills fan will want to see the above first.  

It's the eye test for me as well. Saw enough last year for both optimism and concern. Right now I'm very optimistic but not ready to 'anoint'. Looking forward to eliminating any doubts I have as the season progresses.

2 good, solid seasons in a row. Even Marc Wilson looked good when Bo Jackson was around because everybody left him alone. I'm not suggesting that JA's fate is necessarily tied to any one teammate, but he needs to string some wins against good teams, playoff teams to start. Do it all over again, unlike Dalton, Hostetler, etc. Guys that had a great year, then faded.