Duke Williams impressing again...activate him!

Alphadawg7

30 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Don't know if you will count this as anything at all, but as Dopey mentioned somewhere else, I caught a nice pass that switched the field from our 35 to the Jets 47. It gave us a 1st down and this was on our game winning drive. Without that catch we may not score that game winning td. I was very instrumental to that game winning drive, along with my run blocking that 1st game. We're 2 games into the season and I have film as a good run blocker and the catch I referenced and you have practice squad film against a db wearing a red "do not touch" jersey. What I have done so far this season is instrumental to my team being 2-0. Is it sexy or flashy? No, but neither are my Bills, we're 2-0 and I definitely contributed to this start. And you want to change that?! What's next? You gonna show film of me missing a block? Again, seems kinda personal.

Sincerely,

Zay " I made the team" Jones

P.S. I hope you see this as something. This way you will never mention me ever again. Ever. Here's to hoping.

Lol, I said prove the criticisms wrong about Zay. All you did was very poorly try and validate minimal contributions and even stooped to trying discredit a PS player to somehow form another excuse for Zay.  Now I’ve seen it all, using a PS player play to somehow validate and excuse Zay.

Fail.  All good, but wow this was a poor attempt.  Let me know when you can PROVE the critics wrong.  

PS:  There a LOT more people on this side of the fence than yours.  I wonder why... 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

My biggest problem with Zay (and I cant shake it as hard as I try) I feel like we were sold one thing and got something else

I thought I was getting a big strong possession receiver that caught everything within his catch radius and had flypaper hands......

What we got was not that.....

Yes he has gotten better every year

Yes he can block

But jesus it looks like he bobbles every pass thrown to him IF he catches it......he doesnt dig out poorly thrown balls....he drops passes that hit him right in the hands....

Were it not for his draft position I think Zay would be gone by now...and I think when we draft a 1st round WR next year he WILL be gone......

I just dont see Duke dropping balls.....he looks like he catches everything.....and he ALSO blocks

• Like (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Sorry Zay, good coaches, winning coaches, make adjustments all season long.

You really missed the reason for my post. If I'm replaced by Duke I won't cry, but I'll keep working on my craft and hope for the best. If you read my post I was hoping someone would never mention me ever again, as promised. 

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You really missed the reason for my post. If I'm replaced by Duke I won't cry, but I'll keep working on my craft and hope for the best. If you read my post I was hoping someone would never mention me ever again, as promised. 

Don't count on it...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

And BTW unless Ive missed something, the only drops Ive see by either Jones or Foster were both poorly thrown balls.

I went back and looked at every target to Jones in the first two games. I don't have a problem with him dropping passes as the ones he didn't catch were either uncatchable or would have been difficult catches - so, I agree with you on that point. Here are the targets to Jones through the first 2 weeks:

What I can't figure out is why there appears to be no chemistry between Allen and Jones (the timing between them always seems to be off) even though this is their second year together, yet, Allen seems to have it with Beasley and Brown? 

Hopefully it gets better!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I went back and looked at every target to Jones in the first two games. I don't have a problem with him dropping passes as the ones he didn't catch were either uncatchable or would have been difficult catches - so, I agree with you on that point. Here are the targets to Jones through the first 2 weeks:

What I can't figure out is why there appears to be no chemistry between Allen and Jones (the timing between them always seems to be off) even though this is their second year together, yet, Allen seems to have it with Beasley and Brown? 

Nice work here.  If that is truly all the targets - he has caught the ones that got to him on time.  1 over throw in double coverage, 1 batted pass when he was wide open, 1 slant pass behind him on a blitz, 1 slant pass he was held and the throw was not on target, and the throw to the end zone that is the argument.

None are as bad as the drop by Foster.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I saw one I would like to have seen him grab.  I appreciate the way he laid out for the one pass in the EZ.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

What I can't figure out is why there appears to be no chemistry between Allen and Jones (the timing between them always seems to be off) even though this is their second year together, yet, Allen seems to have it with Beasley and Brown

Thanks for the video. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, I said prove the criticisms wrong about Zay. All you did was very poorly try and validate minimal contributions and even stooped to trying discredit a PS player to somehow form another excuse for Zay.  Now I’ve seen it all, using a PS player play to somehow validate and excuse Zay.

Fail.  All good, but wow this was a poor attempt.  Let me know when you can PROVE the critics wrong.  

PS:  There a LOT more people on this side of the fence than yours.  I wonder why... 

Quote:   "  Lmao.  Show me anything in 2019 that proves any criticism I said about Zay wrong.  Anything, and I will never mention him again.

Hint:  You can’t."

There's no way I am discrediting Duke, no matter how you try and twist it. If Duke makes the 53, I'm rooting for him, hard. You're the one discrediting someone. I merely pointed out that Zay has film in 2 games against starting NFL competition with major contributions this year. You did say 2019. You put up a clip of a practice squad player going 1 on 1 vs a db in a no contact jersey, in a controlled environment and it's 1 play(ok, you showed a 2nd). You then poo-poo Zay's contributions against NFL starters as minimal. Do you not agree that catch on the game winning drive against the Jets was crucial? Do you not agree his run blocking was helpful to our running game in the two games? Probably not, cuz it's Zay. Minimizing his contributions really makes it look like you have an agenda towards Zay. I'm not trying to prove critics wrong. I have no problem with a disagreement, we all have opinions. I was just so hopeful you would see this as anything and leave it alone, like you said. I tried.  Billsfan1959 posted a clip showing contributions by Zay(not the reason he posted the clip) in only two games, against NFL starters. It may not be as many as you want, but we have better options out there in Brown and Beasley and it's only two games. I can show you as many bad plays this year by Beasley as Zay, yet you continue to harp on Zay. Zay hasn't done anything in 2019 to warrant him being demoted yet and apparently Duke hasn't done enough to replace him or even Foster yet.

My point is the horse is dead. He's in the glue factory already. If you really have no agenda towards Zay and him proving your BOLD prediction wrong, stop beating the horse. Your prediction, like the horse has been laid to rest. I'm gonna try really hard to not get into this again. We just don't agree and that's more than fine, it's just been going on and on and on and... By the way, other than the Zay thing, I like you as a poster.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Hope you like beer. GO BILLS and PEACE BROTHER!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My biggest problem with Zay (and I cant shake it as hard as I try) I feel like we were sold one thing and got something else

I thought I was getting a big strong possession receiver that caught everything within his catch radius and had flypaper hands......

What we got was not that.....

Yes he has gotten better every year

Yes he can block

But jesus it looks like he bobbles every pass thrown to him IF he catches it......he doesnt dig out poorly thrown balls....he drops passes that hit him right in the hands....

Were it not for his draft position I think Zay would be gone by now...and I think when we draft a 1st round WR next year he WILL be gone......

I just dont see Duke dropping balls.....he looks like he catches everything.....and he ALSO blocks

Perception is a funny thing though isn't it? The Panthers who drafted Curtis Samuel in the same draft as Zay maybe ten slots later. In his career Samuel has 750 yards and five touchdowns. Zay had 1000 and 9 TDs. All preseason Curtis was being hyped and on the Panthers forum people love him and truly believe Samuel will be fantastic. He's explosive but it's all projected.

Now I won't argue that Zay doesn't look convincing, If you want to compare him to Juju, Kupp or Godwin. Or that he's suffered from drops. Or that he has excelled.for the Bills. But he isn't a bust.

• Like (+1) 1

I can see how managing this WR corps presents the Bills with difficult decisions and I wouldn't be surprised if they opt to stay the course for the time being. Zay has underperformed relative to expectations but as others have noted he may be a serviceable # 3 with ST utility albeit probably with limited upside. Guys like that have a place on an NFL roster. Foster blows hot and stone cold. Duke brings some impressive attributes to the table but nobody yet knows how well (or not) they translate against starting calibre LBs and DBs. They are all pretty much of equivalent value for now. So I think the Bills probably stay the course at this time (assuming Kroft isn't going to miss significant time).

Edited by starrymessenger

On 9/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, Augie said:

It takes him about 13 games to get going??? 

I’ve always been a slow starter, but I finish with a whimper! 

Well last year LeSean McCoy had a talking with him when he was cut and promoted to practice squad which seemed to make a difference.

This year McCoy is gone and it may affected his attitude. 

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Thanks for doing this. If you watch his body language it sure looks like HE thinks he should have caught a couple of these.

As for chemistry, it looks to me like he is surprised how fast the ball gets to him on shorter passes.   that problem and he and Josh are working on it.  You'd think Zay would be used to it by now, but Zay wasnt runnimg those little underneath routes much last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think this video really highlights the biggest problem with Zay: His limited catch radius. One of the misses in the end zone, and the ball that was thrown slightly behind him would have been caught by a WR with a larger radius. And, two of his catches would have been caught without having to fall down to secure them, giving a better receiver a chance at YAC. That is my honest opinion, although I admit that my opinion has become colored with frustration.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We better be careful, looks like the Pats are in the market now for a WR with the Brown cut.

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

I imagine the Pats are going to be sniffing around some PS for a WR...

They weren't looking for a WR before they signed Brown but then the idiots traded away Demaryius Thomas so yeah this could be accurate. They need to put Kroft on IR and call up Duke ASAP.

• Like (+1) 2