Duke Williams impressing again...activate him!

Alphadawg7

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

Quote:   "  Lmao.  Show me anything in 2019 that proves any criticism I said about Zay wrong.  Anything, and I will never mention him again.

Hint:  You can’t."

There's no way I am discrediting Duke, no matter how you try and twist it. If Duke makes the 53, I'm rooting for him, hard. You're the one discrediting someone. I merely pointed out that Zay has film in 2 games against starting NFL competition with major contributions this year. You did say 2019. You put up a clip of a practice squad player going 1 on 1 vs a db in a no contact jersey, in a controlled environment and it's 1 play(ok, you showed a 2nd). You then poo-poo Zay's contributions against NFL starters as minimal. Do you not agree that catch on the game winning drive against the Jets was crucial? Do you not agree his run blocking was helpful to our running game in the two games? Probably not, cuz it's Zay. Minimizing his contributions really makes it look like you have an agenda towards Zay. I'm not trying to prove critics wrong. I have no problem with a disagreement, we all have opinions. I was just so hopeful you would see this as anything and leave it alone, like you said. I tried.  Billsfan1959 posted a clip showing contributions by Zay(not the reason he posted the clip) in only two games, against NFL starters. It may not be as many as you want, but we have better options out there in Brown and Beasley and it's only two games. I can show you as many bad plays this year by Beasley as Zay, yet you continue to harp on Zay. Zay hasn't done anything in 2019 to warrant him being demoted yet and apparently Duke hasn't done enough to replace him or even Foster yet.

My point is the horse is dead. He's in the glue factory already. If you really have no agenda towards Zay and him proving your BOLD prediction wrong, stop beating the horse. Your prediction, like the horse has been laid to rest. I'm gonna try really hard to not get into this again. We just don't agree and that's more than fine, it's just been going on and on and on and... By the way, other than the Zay thing, I like you as a poster.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Hope you like beer. GO BILLS and PEACE BROTHER!!

It’s all good, but once again, I challenged you to show me something that proved the criticisms wrong, not prove he played in weeks 1 and 2.  The criticisms have been he doesn’t produce enough, he doesn’t come through in big moments enough, he has shaky hands, he is inconsistent, he doesn’t have good chemistry with Allen, etc, etc.  He has not proved any of those things wrong in preseason or regular season thus far.  Maybe he gets it going, and hope he does, but so far he has done nothing to dispel the critics opinions (And it’s way more than just little ole me).  

And for the record, you are the one who engaged me on this and kept engaging me on it.  Not like I tracked you down and went after you.  And 95% of my comments on Zay are in response to like the same 5 people who keep bringing him up to me.

There a LOT more people on my side of the fence, but no one is challenging their same opinions about him, just mine.

And this is a thread about Duke impressing and some of you still can’t get off the Zay subject.  

Bottom line, we can agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s all good, but once again, I challenged you to show me something that proved the criticisms wrong, not prove he played in weeks 1 and 2.  The criticisms have been he doesn’t produce enough, he doesn’t come through in big moments enough, he has shaky hands, he is inconsistent, he doesn’t have good chemistry with Allen, etc, etc.  He has not proved any of those things wrong in preseason or regular season thus far.  Maybe he gets it going, and hope he does, but so far he has done nothing to dispel the critics opinions (And it’s way more than just little ole me).  

And for the record, you are the one who engaged me on this and kept engaging me on it.  Not like I tracked you down and went after you.  And 95% of my comments on Zay are in response to like the same 5 people who keep bringing him up to me.

There a LOT more people on my side of the fence, but no one is challenging their same opinions about him, just mine.

And this is a thread about Duke impressing and some of you still can’t get off the Zay subject.  

Correct, many of us are on your side of the fence.  You are the only one on a crusade.  

P.s- wait for the pats to sign duke

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Correct, many of us are on your side of the fence.  You are the only one on a crusade.  

P.s- wait for the pats to sign duke

Lol, I love that almost all my comments are in direct response to the same few people commenting at me and who won’t let this go.  So responding back to others comments makes it a crusade?  Got it.  Heaven forbid someone engage back on a message board.

Maybe if the same few people discussed Zay with other people instead of me it wouldn’t require me to respond nor would it seem like a crusade?  I mean Zay has LOTS of critics on this board, yet none of them are getting their exact same opinion challenged.

Sorry, it’s not a crusade...y’all trying to make it that though.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, I love that almost all my comments are in direct response to the same few people commenting at me and who won’t let this go.  So responding back to others comments makes it a crusade?  Got it.  Heaven forbid someone engage back on a message board.

Maybe if the same few people discussed Zay with other people instead of me it wouldn’t require me to respond nor would it seem like a crusade?  I mean Zay has LOTS of critics on this board, yet none of them are getting their exact same opinion challenged.

To be fair, I think/hope there are some of us who are ready to disagree with anyone on the Zay sucks side, but I imagine a certain few are most vocal and direct their ire towards you. I still think Zay is like Josh Reed and is a useful asset to this team.

53 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I read the message board 30+ times a day.  Every day.  Most threads.  Most posts.  Like many of yall.  I call it how I see it.  I see you on an Anti-Zay crusade.  

The same people continue to call you out because you continue to be on a crusade.  We all get it.  We’ve gotten it.  All 70 pages of it.  Now, we’re 2-0 and Zay is doing what he’s supposed to do.  He’s not a go to WR. He’ll likely never live up to his draft slot.  He’ll continue to work hard and be a starter until someone beats him out.  Duke has had a chance. He’s failed. Foster has a chance. He’s failed.  Until we get someone better, he’s a starter on our team and he’ll continue to work hard, block well and make plays when called upon 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You just listed a bunch of critisisms and you asked for 1 thing in 2019. The catch in the jets game on the game winning drive doesn't count as producing on a big moment?!  Now you say he doesn't produce in big moments ENOUGH. You said 1 thing, not prove all your criticisms wrong.  One thing. I knew when I 1st replied to your request you were full of crap. Don't write a check you  refuse to cash. Also, I'm done with this farce of yours. No need to reply, cuz you're full of crap when you say it's all good.

He made the team.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I read the message board 30+ times a day.  Every day.  Most threads.  Most posts.  Like many of yall.  I call it how I see it.  I see you on an Anti-Zay crusade.  

The same people continue to call you out because you continue to be on a crusade.  We all get it.  We’ve gotten it.  All 70 pages of it.  Now, we’re 2-0 and Zay is doing what he’s supposed to do.  He’s not a go to WR. He’ll likely never live up to his draft slot.  He’ll continue to work hard and be a starter until someone beats him out.  Duke has had a chance. He’s failed. Foster has a chance. He’s failed.  Until we get someone better, he’s a starter on our team and he’ll continue to work hard, block well and make plays when called upon 

You're wasting your time.

Edited by Dopey

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude that thread died months ago.  People tag me, comment at me, etc.  I respond.  That simple.  Not a crusade, but I will defend myself when people come at me, and only me, about Zay despite way more people originating criticisms on Zay.  

50 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You just listed a bunch of critisisms and you asked for 1 thing in 2019. The catch in the jets game on the game winning drive doesn't count as producing on a big moment?!  Now you say he doesn't produce in big moments ENOUGH. You said 1 thing, not prove all your criticisms wrong.  One thing. I knew when I 1st replied to your request you were full of crap. Don't write a check you  refuse to cash. Also, I'm done with this farce of yours. No need to reply, cuz you're full of crap when you say it's all good.

He made the team.

Geezus, this is comical and unbelievably annoying at the same time.  I LITERALLY said prove the CRITICISMS wrong, I did NOT say prove he made a play one week.  One catch or a couple blocks does NOT prove the criticisms about him that the MAJORITY of Bills fan have on him.  He is in the NFL, he better make at least one play or he should be bagging groceries.  The criticism was not that he has NEVER once made a play.  But you know that, just doesn't fit your very poor attempt at a smart a** answer to my question earlier.

This stupid a** game you want to play now with it is ridiculous.  And its even more hilarious that YOU started this with me, not the other way around.  The same few people keep coming at me about Zay...even in a DUKE thread.  All I do is respond back as I am not afraid of your spin cycle non sense to validate an underachieving player.  

SO WTF ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING ANYMORE DUDE?  

Worse yet, its freaking YOU people that wont let this Zay convo f-ing die!  I am done with this board for a while...would MUCH rather enjoy this great season so far, but f-ing trolls constantly want still debate a stupid WR who has THIRTY FOUR freaking yards in 2 damn games.  Bunch of whiney posters started trolling ME after he had 18 freaking yards.  You people are obsessed with me on this, I am sick of talking about it, but you keep coming.  

So...peace out, Go Bills, Im done with this board right now, I dont even enjoy being here anymore.  So Im done..see y'all.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus, this is comical and unbelievably annoying at the same time.  I LITERALLY said prove the CRITICISMS wrong, I did NOT say prove he made a play one week.  One catch or a couple blocks does NOT prove the criticisms about him that the MAJORITY of Bills fan have on him.  He is in the NFL, he better make at least one play or he should be bagging groceries.  The criticism was not that he has NEVER once made a play.  But you know that, just doesn't fit your very poor attempt at a smart a** answer to my question earlier.

This stupid a** game you want to play now with it is ridiculous.  And its even more hilarious that YOU started this with me, not the other way around.  The same few people keep coming at me about Zay...even in a DUKE thread.  All I do is respond back as I am not afraid of your spin cycle non sense to validate an underachieving player.  

SO WTF ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING ANYMORE DUDE?  

Worse yet, its freaking YOU people that wont let this Zay convo f-ing die!  I am done with this board for a while...would MUCH rather enjoy this great season so far, but f-ing trolls constantly want still debate a stupid WR who has THIRTY FOUR freaking yards in 2 damn games.  Bunch of whiney posters started trolling ME after he had 18 freaking yards.  You people are obsessed with me on this, I am sick of talking about it, but you keep coming.  

So...peace out, Go Bills, Im done with this board right now, I dont even enjoy being here anymore.  So Im done..see y'all.

See ya and hope you can stop your agenda against Zay.  You can continue to deny that you've turned this into a crusade against Zay.  

YOU brought up Zay in this thread very quickly after you created it, by saying Zay dropped a TD pass...do you even know that? where is the replay?  I saw a low pass that zay had to lay out for.  

But I'm sure you'll find this "comical", or "annoying" or whatever you want to say....man you got a HuGE problem with Zay and it is obvious.

You even hijacked a thread about Zay and his blocking skills. just to rip on him there too.

Look, when you post this much about one player with such a negative attitude, it comes across as an agenda.  You refuse to admit that you were wrong in February, just like you'll refuse Zay did anything good. just like he made a solid catch on our game winning drive against the Jets.

Please take a break with all of this and enjoy the team and how hard these guys are working to achieve their goals

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

You refuse to admit that you were wrong in February, just like you'll refuse Zay did anything good. just like he made a solid catch on our game winning drive against the Jets.

I know I said I was leaving, but got several DM's and responding to them first, so this is why I just saw your notification pop up while returning some and giving you a courtesy reply.  

So, here is the thing, I was not wrong about the things I was critical about, and Zay keeps proving that.  What I WAS wrong about was a prediction that I thought he could be traded in preseason, but I said from the get go that wasn't a guarantee and that I could be wrong on that.  

You guys can't let go of a "prediction" made in February before FA even began.  You want to focus on that part being wrong and ignore that all the critical statements about Zay as a player were actually spot on and shared by the majority of this board. 

Doesn't matter...I am not allowed to even mention Zay without the same 5 people just freaking out and going on and on and on and on about him.  100 people can say cut Zay or he sucks...no one says a word to them.  I mention I feel he dropped a TD, and I get 1000 messages from the same 5 people.  Its utterly stupid.  So I am just not having fun anymore because I can't even openly discuss this team, and Zay is part of this team.  

All good, but this Zay nonsense has killed my enjoyment here now, and I spend WAY WAY too much time on this board to not enjoy it anymore.  Who knows, maybe it will be a short lived exit, I mean I have been on this board constantly daily and 365 days a year.  But right now, its not fun anymore so I am out.  I just want to get back to enjoying the season.

GoBills!

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I know I said I was leaving, but got several DM's and responding to them first, so this is why I just saw your notification pop up while returning some and giving you a courtesy reply.  

So, here is the thing, I was not wrong about the things I was critical about, and Zay keeps proving that.  What I WAS wrong about was a prediction that I thought he could be traded in preseason, but I said from the get go that wasn't a guarantee and that I could be wrong on that.  

You guys can't let go of a "prediction" made in February before FA even began.  You want to focus on that part being wrong and ignore that all the critical statements about Zay as a player were actually spot on and shared by the majority of this board. 

Doesn't matter...I am not allowed to even mention Zay without the same 5 people just freaking out and going on and on and on and on about him.  100 people can say cut Zay or he sucks...no one says a word to them.  I mention I feel he dropped a TD, and I get 1000 messages from the same 5 people.  Its utterly stupid.  So I am just not having fun anymore because I can't even openly discuss this team, and Zay is part of this team.  

All good, but this Zay nonsense has killed my enjoyment here now, and I spend WAY WAY too much time on this board to not enjoy it anymore.  Who knows, maybe it will be a short lived exit, I mean I have been on this board constantly daily and 365 days a year.  But right now, its not fun anymore so I am out.  I just want to get back to enjoying the season.

GoBills!

Still missing the point. You said ONE thing and you would not mention Zay, ever.  I gave it to you. Yet here we are...

Seriously, let's squash this. I can't even laugh at this anymore.

Moderators: I'm done with this one. Seriously. Thanks for long leash here.

Edited by Dopey

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What?! lol.

I'm calling it now, but I might be wrong and let me caveat the crap out of it.  This is the same thing ppl said to you then, and saying it again now.  You double talk and attack the player when it is convenient for you, while overlooking obvious things that the coaching staff of an NFL franchise evaluate and think highly of.

But agree with Dopey. time to end this. and look forward to actual games and not some useless argument where someone has their mind made up

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Who's to say Zay is better than Foster/Williams? Remember when McDermott benched a winning QB for Nathan Peterman?We can all say Peterman wasn't better than Tyrod, can't we?

22 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Who's to say Zay is better than Foster/Williams? Remember when McDermott benched a winning QB for Nathan Peterman?We can all say Peterman wasn't better than Tyrod, can't we?

I said, he will continue to be the starter until we get someone better.  I didn’t say he was better than Foster and Duke.  I said they failed to take the job.  They did fail.  One’s on the PS and one plays much less and is behind Zay.

so, what did I say that worries you so much or that is incorrect?

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

No, you’re wasting your time.  I’ve replied a couple times, both while I took dumps at work.  Absolutely zero time wasted

• Haha (+1) 3

Duke is an unknown with lots of promise.

Zay can't even establish himself as a top 3 WR amidst below average WR corps.

He has only caught the ball on 47% of his targets in his entire career. 

Zay is NOT good. He is extremely expendable. 

Pretty simple.

Cut Zay. Promote Duke. Stop debating.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1