Melvin Gordon seems to be watching Bills Twitter

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's not worth what he wants

He's not Zeke or Barkley or Gurley, or AP in his prime or Shady in his prime

He's a really good but not HoF back. Singletary can become as good as him

He's good but not AP in his prime good, or Zeke good or Barkley good

He obviously talented but not enough for what he wants

That's all true, but ultimately the FA market will decide what he's worth. I'm thinking he gets around $10M a year. Even though everyone has gotten used to saying RBs are a dime a dozen, it isn't really true for good backs. He may not be elite, but he's better than most of the starters int he league I'd wager.

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's all true, but ultimately the FA market will decide what he's worth. I'm thinking he gets around $10M a year. Even though everyone has gotten used to saying RBs are a dime a dozen, it isn't really true for good backs. He may not be elite, but he's better than most of the starters int he league I'd wager.

Backs are a dime a dozen line is an overused cliche 

Yes for 1-3 game incriminates, a low tier back in the right scheme will look good. 

That low tier back will not produce for 5-10 seasons

Most of the top backs in the league were drafted in the top 3 Rounds because teams saw their talent

From Zeke to Gurley to Barkley to AP.. even Gordon and Kareem Hunt.. from Lynch to even Shady and Singletary

RBs with special talent usually are not allowed to slide too far down the draft board

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Backs are a dime a dozen line is an overused cliche 

Yes for 1-3 game incriminates, a low tier back in the right scheme will look good. 

That low tier back will not produce for 5-10 seasons

Most of the top backs in the league were drafted in the top 3 Rounds because teams saw their talent

From Zeke to Gurley to Barkley to AP.. even Gordon and Kareem Hunt.. from Lynch to even Shady and Singletary

RBs with special talent usually are not allowed to slide too far down the draft board

Ya I'm so tired of that "dime a dozen" BS.  Game changing RBs worth investing in with this passing league are absolutely NOT common.  I think we might have one of those in Singletary.  Merely having a passable running game is easy, having a running game you can rely on is not.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Ya I'm so tired of that "dime a dozen" BS.  Game changing RBs worth investing in with this passing league are absolutely NOT common.  I think we might have one of those in Singletary.  Merely having a passable running game is easy, having a running game you can rely on is not.

...so....would you pony up $13+ mil/yr?....Bolts offered $10 mil/yr and he said "nope"............

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's not worth what he wants

He's not Zeke or Barkley or Gurley, or AP in his prime or Shady in his prime

He's a really good but not HoF back. Singletary can become as good as him

He's good but not AP in his prime good, or Zeke good or Barkley good

He obviously talented but not enough for what he wants

So buy a Chinese jersey?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yea Barkley is really giving the Giants the playoff push. 

Face it RBs are "A Dime A Dozen" 

Can't Lie. I'd love to have him in the RB rotation , but I'd have him as a 1 year rental , see how it works out and if he's a long term fit. 

Obviously the compensation has to be reasonable. Could see Beane throwing a 3rd like he did with KB. 

Would be a nice piece for a team that has a legit shot at a deep playoff run

• Like (+1) 1