The Athletic Power Rankings Week 2 - Bills #14

stevewin

Because we know how much everyone loves to complain about power rankings :)

For those with subscription

https://theathletic.com/1213419/2019/09/17/nfl-power-rankings-ravens-keep-rolling-in-week-2-nfc-south-opens-up-as-panthers-saints-plummet/?source=dailyemail

Bills come in at 14

14. Buffalo Bills (Last week: 21)

Congratulations to New York-New Jersey region champion, the Buffalo Bills, who accomplished the rare (and impressive) feat of winning back-to-back games at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. And bonus points to Bills quarterback Josh Allen for so quickly pointing out to a New York City reporter that Allen does, indeed, play for a New York (state) team. Dare we say the Bills might actually be fun to watch this year?

giphy.gif

Full List:

Cheaters

KC

Rams

Cowboys

Ravens

Packers

Seahawks

Eagles

Vikings

49ers

Chargers

Saints

Colts

Bills 

Bears

Texans

Falcons

titans

Browns

Lions

Steelers

Raiders

Bucs

Panthers

Broncos

Cards

Redskins

Jags

Jets

Bengals

Giants

Fins

Shout out to YOLO for Giants at #31 :) :

31. New York Giants (Last week: 30)

I nearly spit out my coffee when I read a line in beat writer Dan Duggan’s story after the Giants’ loss to the Bills in which Duggan compared Giants head coach Pat Shurmur to the dog in the “this is fine” meme. Because what two weeks have taught us is that things are very much not fine with the Giants — with a veteran starting quarterback who is dinking and dunking (6.2 yards per attempt) yet completing only 63 percent of his passes, and a defense that is already pointed fingers at each other. And on Tuesday, Shurmur announced the next step: It’s Daniel Jones time in New York. The rookie will start on Sunday against the Bucs. Such an announcement calls for two(!) gifs.

GIF 1 — waiting for the Giants to make a change:

giphy.gif

It’s been 2 games...the Jets and the Giants are both hot piles of garbage and the Bungles are in Buffalo Sunday. Let’s just see how they do Sunday against more garbage and then the following week vs NE. How they play vs NE will be the true test, close gritty hard fought game that ends in a loss and we know they are getting better, a win and we know they’ve arrived a blowout loss and we will all be saying they are pretenders. 

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Minnesota five spots ahead of the Bills?  Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I firmly believe some of these power polls intentionally place some weaker teams above stronger teams to get a reaction from readers. These polls are fluff, and should be treated as such. The only power poll that matters is a team's standings in the conference at the end of the season.

I don't know how you could rank the Colts and Vikings ahead of the Bills. There is something off about that. But just outside of the top 10 seems fair. The Bills have beaten a mediocre team and a bad team on the road. One narrowly and the other comfortably. It's not a bad resume two road wins is two road wins. But it isn't lighting the world on fire either. Take care of Cincy at home and see where the season goes.