Allen's best throws from week 2

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Distorted One said:

I don't think I'll be yelling "THROW THE (BLEEPING) BALL!  THROW! THE! BALL!" like I did pretty much every game Tyrod played (and pretty much every offensive snap).  Like night and day difference now.

When watching now, muscle memory kicks in so I start to say "throw the...." and the ball is already out, feels good.

• Like (+1) 1

The throw to Brown in the 4th quarter on 3rd down was a thing of beauty. The way he juked the defender, scrambled to his right and then throw a seed on the run was amazing and CLUTCH. Maybe 2 or 3 QBs in the NFL make that throw. Off the charts athletism.

A lot of times Josh seems to be more accurate throwing under duress than with no pressure. Kinda tells me he's over thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a level of precision to his game that even in my wildest dreams I didn't fully expect or hope for. I anticipated him growing into a gunslinging risk taker who made 5 "wow plays" and 3 "wtf" plays and the balance was still positive, but he has shown skills in the short stuff and an ability to be systematic in attacking the defense and it's been incredible. I am still hesitant, cause we've played some bad teams, but we're also a brand new offense so there's an adjustment period until we're at full speed. That being said, if he continues to master this, which was the biggest hole in his game, he may end up being one of the best QB's in the league before the end of this year in his ability to do everything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There is a level of precision to his game that even in my wildest dreams I didn't fully expect or hope for. I anticipated him growing into a gunslinging risk taker who made 5 "wow plays" and 3 "wtf" plays and the balance was still positive, but he has shown skills in the short stuff and an ability to be systematic in attacking the defense and it's been incredible. I am still hesitant, cause we've played some bad teams, but we're also a brand new offense so there's an adjustment period until we're at full speed. That being said, if he continues to master this, which was the biggest hole in his game, he may end up being one of the best QB's in the league before the end of this year in his ability to do everything. 

nice to have grounds for optimism for a change

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Not sure if anyone has posted yet but worth a watch. 

The 2 throws on the run (Knox and brown), the out pattern from opposite hash to brown and the 40 yard bullet to Beasley are grown man throws.   

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-s-best-throws-vs-giants-week-2

Lets face it, they are throws maybe 4-5 guys on the planet make in that situation.

2 minutes ago, delectrolux said:

Watching this reminds me –– excellent job of blocking by Knox on the McKenzie TD! He just drives his guy straight back and there's nothing the guy could do about it.

Caught my eye too. This teams run blocking is well executed.

Morse pulled on singletarys TD run and had to run 10 yards downfield to hit someone because the left side of the line cleaned up so well. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I only saw the 4th quarter- Anyone who saw the game entirely shed some light on his decision making? Any truly bad bad decisions made by Allen during this game? 

Giants came out and gashed the Bills bad in a handful of plays running 75 yards for a TD

and then fortunes turned around 180 degress the next 58 minutes

hard to say, the Giants secondary was one of the most pitiful to take the field in NFL history. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I only saw the 4th quarter- Anyone who saw the game entirely shed some light on his decision making? Any truly bad bad decisions made by Allen during this game? 

Surprisingly, off the top of my head, I can’t think of one...it was 100 times cleaner than the Jets game...I would say maybe his best overall game, including last year finale against the Fins.  But I thought decision making was spot on with 2 poor throw- everything else money.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I agree 100%.  But, of course since I'm a Bills fan, I can only allow myself to hope so much before the usual pessimism kicks in.  It's a survival mechanism from 3 decades of following our Bills.  It's gonna be very entertaining for sure though.  Man this looks like it's going to be a doozie! 

41 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

That strike to Knox was just as good as Elway...Allenesque!

Yeah the tight end position is a nice surprise, isn't it?  We have a 7th round pick and he's on the field a lot.  We have Knox who is proving his worth already.  And Lee Smith who can do it all.  Not even close to last season.  Oh, and didn't they sign some guy in free agency who is supposed to make an impact? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Distorted One said:

I agree 100%.  But, of course since I'm a Bills fan, I can only allow myself to hope so much before the usual pessimism kicks in.  It's a survival mechanism from 3 decades of following our Bills.  It's gonna be very entertaining for sure though.  Man this looks like it's going to be a doozie! 

Yeah the tight end position is a nice surprise, isn't it?  We have a 7th round pick and he's on the field a lot.  We have Knox who is proving his worth already.  And Lee Smith who can do it all.  Not even close to last season.  Oh, and dixdn't they sign some guy in free agency who is supposed to make an impact? 

What a difference a year makes! Less than a year!