Allen's best throws from week 2

Hebert19

Not sure if anyone has posted yet but worth a watch. 

The 2 throws on the run (Knox and brown), the out pattern from opposite hash to brown and the 40 yard bullet to Beasley are grown man throws.   

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-s-best-throws-vs-giants-week-2

Edited by Hebert19
Forgot link
  • Like (+1) 3

He's maturing right before our eyes.  A couple of those throws, if dropped, would have been labeled inaccurate.  We're starting to see how critical it was for our FO to bring in NFL receivers.  Most of the time his hitting those guys perfectly.  

What I like most is he's clearly not throwing the ball his hardest - which is something I thought he did too much as a rookie.  He's really developing a nice feel for how hard the ball needs to be on a particular route/play.  Then only when he needs to,  he lets it rip. 

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Is there any video of the pass he overthrew John Brown?

Yes, at 24:27 mark of this video from Cover 1. The throw was bad, no question about it. However, Allen still did good things in this play where he breezed safety with a slight pump fake to free up Brown before the (bad) throw. 

This whole video is a great analysis, take a look if you have time.

Edited by syhuang
  • Like (+1) 5

His accuracy when on those non-designed roll-outs to the right is just ridiculous.  He did that in college too.  Like, things break down but the other D has to somehow shut down that whole intermediate range on that side of the field.  Seems like the Giants sent at least 5 guys a lot more than the Jets did.  I guess with their D line they have the confidence to do that.  Didn't work out so well in the end though.

I will never get tired of these throws or any of his cannon throws in the 15 yard to 30 yard range.  He will kill you all day with those.  So nice to be watching our QB doing that to other teams for a change.

13 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

It's nice having a QB who throws past the sticks on third down.  Trent, EJ and Tyrod drove me crazy with their 3rd down checkdowns.  

This is one of my favorite part about Josh. That said, I would rather we didnt end up in 3rd downs.

47 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Like that three of those throws came in third down and the Beasley throw on first and 20 and when the blitz was on

So nice to have a qb that I’m feeling more and more confident that can attack the other teams defense

nice of the Giants to not bother with Beasley at all, let him stay open 20 yards downfield a few times...

don't count on this happening again this season

21 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

It's nice having a QB who throws past the sticks on third down.  Trent, EJ and Tyrod drove me crazy with their 3rd down checkdowns.  

I don't think I'll be yelling "THROW THE (BLEEPING) BALL!  THROW! THE! BALL!" like I did pretty much every game Tyrod played (and pretty much every offensive snap).  Like night and day difference now.

Edited by Distorted One
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nice of the Giants to not bother with Beasley at all, let him stay open 20 yards downfield a few times...

don't count on this happening again this season

Beasley IS good at getting open though.

He just can't have easy throws bouncing off his hands for TD's by the opposing team's D............... like the one on opening day.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Beasley IS good at getting open though.

He just can't have easy throws bouncing off his hands for TD's by the opposing team's D............... like the one on opening day.

yeah but the Giants are pitiful at DB, that was disgraceful....

inertia forces you to put your horrible lineup out there even if you are nowhere near ready to honestly play that day

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Some may not agree but I liked the throw that went through Knowx hands over the middle

It was in a position for Knox to be able to catch it.....get yards after....and was there before the defender could close.

I think everyone was happy with the throw. It couldn't have been put in a much better place. The fact it was dropped was the issue. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The flip sweep to McKenzie was a great play, but not one of Allen's "best passes"... ?

Ha. Perfect placement on that "throw." By the way, that play, and a few others, is why I did not want to see the Bills part ways with McKittrick. The guy is a playmaker.