New interview! Jim Kelly never met or contacted Pancho Billa

BrycePaup4ever

20 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Fair point, but Jim had to know he was the face of the fan base. Jim is obligated to do what he wants.

Jim also has the cash to make that visit on behalf of others. 

Why WHy WHy-- Why should JIm go and visit Pancho? He was battling his own cancer-- do you even realize how much of a toll it takes on you. Pancho was a good story but do we need to visit every fan who has an illness. 

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

No, just like no one listened to the interview where Pancho said he’s okay with Jim not reaching out because he has his own cancer to deal with. 

So many people are incapable of changing their minds when presented with new information. 

I could see someone hearing this interview with Pancho and thinking "man, that kind of stinks." But then we are presented with a roughly 2 minute video that Jim Kelly made just for Pancho Billa that Pancho Billa himself posted on Twitter around the time of the NFL draft with a thank you message.

Given that information, anything that states that he never reached out is obviously false. 

So at that point, the person who originally thought "man, that kind of stinks" ought to realize that Jim actually did reach out and the entire thread was one big misunderstanding of the facts.

But NO, we are apparently incapable of accepting new facts and modifying our views. So we continue to go back and forth about why Jim might not have contacted Pancho, and the pros and cons of such a decision WHEN HE DID CONTACT HIM!

LOL

It's insane. It's also a little scary. 

These are the people driving cars, voting, and making financial decisions...

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

So many people are incapable of changing their minds when presented with new information. 

I could see someone hearing this interview with Pancho and thinking "man, that kind of stinks." But then we are presented with a roughly 2 minute video that Jim Kelly made just for Pancho Billa that Pancho Billa himself posted on Twitter around the time of the NFL draft with a thank you message.

Given that information, anything that states that he never reached out is obviously false. 

So at that point, the person who originally thought "man, that kind of stinks" ought to realize that Jim actually did reach out and the entire thread was one big misunderstanding of the facts.

But NO, we are apparently incapable of accepting new facts and modifying our views. So we continue to go back and forth about why Jim might not have contacted Pancho, and the pros and cons of such a decision WHEN HE DID CONTACT HIM!

LOL

It's insane. It's also a little scary. 

These are the people driving cars, voting, and making financial decisions...

Post of the day. And thank you for bringing this back home with some sanity/clarity...now we should be able to put a lock on this overall thread?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was more then the costume man, I think you know that. he does remove "the mask" to show who he really is. he's just like the millions of other fans out there and he never felt any other way.

Yes, he is just like the millions of other fans out there, may he RIP.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Poncho Billa... a guy who lived in Texas is the face of all Bills fans now, because he had cancer... just let that sink in people...

How many Buffalo Bills fans in Buffalo and around the country have lived and died and loved this team and have battled with cancer etc?  And yet this guy is "the ultimate bills fan" and what not...

It's just silly, and I CANT FREAKING WAIT for people to stop talking about him.

Yeah I know this isn't popular and people are going to get grouchy, but whatever... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Poncho Billa... a guy who lived in Texas is the face of all Bills fans now, because he had cancer... just let that sink in people...

How many Buffalo Bills fans in Buffalo and around the country have lived and died and loved this team and have battled with cancer etc?  And yet this guy is "the ultimate bills fan" and what not...

It's just silly, and I CANT FREAKING WAIT for people to stop talking about him.

Yeah I know this isn't popular and people are going to get grouchy, but whatever... 

I get what you are saying but I think your disgust shouldn’t be against Pancho but aimed towards the people vilifying those that don’t worship at the altar of Pancho Billa.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pancho was a humble diehard Bills fan whom wore his colors proudly and was inspirational not only to fans but also Bills team and organization for his fight to the end against cancer. The very last thing he would want is to hear bickering over anything like this. Would they meeting have blessed them both? I honestly think so. It's a shame it never happened.

But the Christian faith they shared  says they will see and meet in heaven so that it didnt happen here in earth oh well I trust it will eventually.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I get what you are saying but I think your disgust shouldn’t be against Pancho but aimed towards the people vilifying those that don’t worship at the altar of Pancho Billa.

He said he was sick of HEARING about Ezra, not that he was personally disgusted with the man himself.

This is the problem with such a subject; the only way to really express your disapproval of the lionization is to explain that you don't think he was any more or less important than other Bills fans. There's really no way to state your opinion without giving the appearance of minimizing the guy's story. And I suppose you are to an extent; but that certainly shouldn't be viewed as disparaging the man himself. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Nah. It should stay open to see if sthustle comes by and ***** on Jim Kelly some more.

I consider myself extremely tolerant- This thread imo just sucks and adds nothing to the board. Put yourself in Jims shoes - dudes been through alot- Cancer, Hunter stc...Its pretty trashy to expect Jim to go visit people when he was extremely sick himself.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1