New interview! Jim Kelly never met or contacted Pancho Billa

BrycePaup4ever

2 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Insinuating what exactly?  Go ahead, say what you mean.

Clearly one could be distraught with the bills' marketing team taking advantage of fans that are suffering an illness or disease.  Bringing them in to meet some players, speak to the team.  Then the audacity of posting videos of their time with the bills, and how dare they follow up if players feel a tighter connection w certain indivduals...there I said it.

Just now, Nick the Greek said:

Fireman Ed, the Broncos dude who would go to games in a barell, pinto Ron, the pig people in DC, etc. 

people that go to above beyond in their fandom, in which they gain fame. That’s a superfan, and they do exist. 

So dressing up in some costume somehow makes you a "superfan"?

A guy who hasn't missed a home game in 10 years but doesn't play dressup is just a fan?

ok...

1 minute ago, Nicabills321 said:

Clearly one could be distraught with the bills' marketing team taking advantage of fans that are suffering an illness or disease.  Bringing them in to meet some players, speak to the team.  Then the audacity of posting videos of their time with the bills, and how dare they follow up if players feel a tighter connection w certain indivduals...there I said it.

Nice recovery, I thought you were about to pull a card out of your pocket.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I didn't see anyone say they didn't give a ***** about Ezra's death.  It's hard to deny there was quite a bit of hype - and, in the end, he really was just another fan.  The reason for that hype isn't as sincere as most would like to think, IMO.

This^

When Bills marketing got involved, it turned insincere.  A lot of us are Bills fans, a lot of us have had loved ones die from cancer, stop putting one fan on a pedestal for marketing purposes or for your own feel good desires.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The exclamation point in the title comes off as TMZ BREAKING NEWS!  

Whatever.

Jim has of course had his own issues. I admit I also never reached out to Poncho personally. I don’t think that will be the primary reason if I end up in hell. But I do think of him and pray his family finds peace. Time does heal, but you never forget the good. Just try to get past the pain of losing a loved one. It comes with time. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

People who never visited Pancho (Jauronimo's List of Alltime Biggest Jerks and Enemies):

1. Jim Kelly

2. Roger Goodell

3. Trump

4. da Pope

5. Kim Jong Un

6. Beyonce

7. Jauronimo

8. Mr. Rogers

9. Gugny 

10. Paulie Shore

Mr. Rogers died in 2003, so, kinda hard for him to go see Pancho. Unless you want his ghost to go. Oh, and I never visited him, so feel free to add me to the list. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

So dressing up in some costume somehow makes you a "superfan"?

A guy who hasn't missed a home game in 10 years but doesn't play dressup is just a fan?

Kenny has had specials done about him. And not just "Joe's YouTube Channel". HBO did one years ago, linked below. I think the big difference as you point out is except for his ketchup ceremony, he seems like just another regular fan with a story about why he's a fan. For years, I only knew of Elvis, because he was the one I'd always see on TV. Now there's so many different characters, how many dress up, just because they want to get on camera? 

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This is stupid. Anyone who is upset about this is stupid. Wednesday's are stupid. Any day that isn't Sunday is stupid. Screw Antonio Brown. Screw Tom Brady. Screw the Patriots. 

giphy.gif

Now this is a post that demands applause.

When I was a 8 I wrote Jim Kelly a letter saying even though he just lost in the Super Bowl how awesome it was he made it there anyway.  I didn't hear back either.  My mom was then happy the Cowboys won the next two Super Bowls ?

So yes all these years later now I don't feel so bad being he didn't reply to the "biggest Bills fan" as well.  Kidding aside who knows what Jim had on his plate or how much he knew about Ezra.  It won't keep me up at night 

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did nobody even watch the video posted by Pancho that Jim Kelly made for him? Or am I in an alternate universe?! 

No, just like no one listened to the interview where Pancho said he’s okay with Jim not reaching out because he has his own cancer to deal with. 

• Like (+1) 2

OP, this is low level trolling of Kelly, sorry, but that’s what it comes across as. You can’t question Kelly’s community engagement bona fides, his commitment to western NY, and his own personal health issues that he’s battled through which likely keep him from doing even more outreach than he already has...Hunter’s Hope, the countless donations to cancer causes, etc etc. For pete’s sake he’s just had an entire new jaw created from his leg bone—I bet that’s been a barrel of laughs needless to say. Bottom line is none of us have earned the right to post about how despite everything else he’s already done and gone through personally and on behalf of the Bills, he should’ve done even more. C’mon man! 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

*endeared*

lol.. My wife calls me out on my butchering of the English language.... I constantly misuse words

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did nobody even watch the video posted by Pancho that Jim Kelly made for him? Or am I in an alternate universe?! 

I didn't watch it.. actually its a pod cast or radio interview. I couldn't possibly sit through that

Edited by ddaryl