New interview! Jim Kelly never met or contacted Pancho Billa

BrycePaup4ever

54 minutes ago, yall said:

What's confusing about it? Yeah it's a cool story about Pancho Billa, but is Kelly supposed to meet with every ill fan? 

Half of the posters here probably had a family member who was a long time super fan that dealt with a life threatening illness. Should Kelly meet them all too?

This is where I’m at. 

Not to sound like a COMPLETE DICK, but I honestly don’t get all the crazy love. Yeah, Pancho is a great story and a great guy. But at the end of the day why should he get all this crazy Bills love, calls from Beane and McDermott and Bills players on a regular basis? Like I said, it’s a sad story and my heart goes out to Ezra’s family with his passing. But let’s be real here, there are probably hundreds of thousands of Bills fans that have cancer, more that have died of cancer, and even more that will die of cancer. Are we to believe they are any less important, or loved than Ezra was?

like i said, I didn’t want to be a Dick about it. And I already know the kind of responses I will receive from this. You don’t need to bother. I already know I’m an @$$hole and I’m going to hell. You don’t need to remind me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

I honestly wasn't familiar with Pancho Villa before catching wind of his battle; I always considered the Chef and Elvis as the equivalent of Fireman Ed. 

The Bills as a fan base are special

There are tons of fans who go to every game, home and away...

Through thick and thin good and bad...

We have lots of amazing fans

Jeez, no one is saying Kelly should have hopped a private jet and flown down to Texas.  Just pick up a phone while the guy is lying there dying in hospice care.  Not that difficult.

I'd like to think Pancho is up there now pulling a few strings in the Bills favor.... They are off to a great start including one improbable comeback.  Just sayin'.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

The Bills as a fan base are special

There are tons of fans who go to every game, home and away...

Through thick and thin good and bad...

We have lots of amazing fans

Agreed. The turnout in the other team's stadium these past games, really makes you feel proud to be a part of it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was a Bills fan who wore a costume and went to a lot of games.  He didn't represent Bills fans/the Bills Mafia.

REALLY??? He was president of the DFW Bills Backers (one of the largest in the country) for YEARS. He was in the news for his fanhood BEFORE 'Bills Mafia' was coined and well before he had cancer. How can you say he didnt represent Bills Mafi or Bills Fans?

Pancho Billa is one of the MOST recognized Bills fans in the world. 

Im amazed at a lot of these responses in here. Such a lack of respect. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Jeez, no one is saying Kelly should have hopped a private jet and flown down to Texas.  Just pick up a phone while the guy is lying there dying in hospice care.  Not that difficult.

I'd like to think Pancho is up there now pulling a few strings in the Bills favor.... They are off to a great start including one improbable comeback.  Just sayin'.

Or, how about meeting Pancho at the plethora of games they attended simultaneously?

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

REALLY??? He was president of the DFW Bills Backers (one of the largest in the country) for YEARS. He was in the news for his fanhood BEFORE 'Bills Mafia' was coined and well before he had cancer. How can you say he didnt represent Bills Mafi or Bills Fans?

God Bless him and I said tons of prayers for him

But I had no idea honestly who he was before all the press and I'm also a super die hard fan

Elvis and the Chefs imo were a bit more recognizable

BUT NO FAN is more important than anyone. WE ARE ALL the 12th man together and Ezra brought us closer together

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is where I’m at. 

Not to sound like a COMPLETE DICK, but I honestly don’t get all the crazy love. Yeah, Pancho is a great story and a great guy. But at the end of the day why should he get all this crazy Bills love, calls from Beane and McDermott and Bills players on a regular basis? Like I said, it’s a sad story and my heart goes out to Ezra’s family with his passing. But let’s be real here, there are probably hundreds of thousands of Bills fans that have cancer, more that have died of cancer, and even more that will die of cancer. Are we to believe they are any less important, or loved than Ezra was?

like i said, I didn’t want to be a Dick about it. And I already know the kind of responses I will receive from this. You don’t need to bother. I already know I’m an @$$hole and I’m going to hell. You don’t need to remind me. 

I agree with you. The franchise did more than they needed to do, and there didnt seem to be any bitterness from Pancho. He was grateful for every thing the bills did for him. I'm not going to sit here and say why didnt they do more. Thats insane.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Again, not to sound like a complete douche bag, but have you ever thought that Pancho was recognized by Bills fans in this world because the Team and the NFL decided it was a good story and good for their image?

because don’t think for a second there aren’t rooms full of guys in the league that aren’t searching for these feel good stories to bring some good publicity to their teams or the league. 

Nobody os saying Ezra wasn’t a great man. Great father. Great husband. Great son. Etc... I just really want to Know what makes him so special and why he gets all the publicity over anyone else that has died, is dying, or will be dying of the same thing that took his life. 

Like I said, it’s a great story. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He was one of many "Super Fans."   I see absolutely nothing disrespectful in my comments.  He certainly did not represent Bills fans.  Just like Pinto Ken doesn't; or the Elvis dude; or any other Bills "Super Fans."

You think Jets fans feel like that idiot fireman represents them???  Christ, I hope not.  But he's the most famous Jets fan.

I think you need to put this into perspective.

More than anything, Ezra was a man who died of cancer and left a family behind.  That's the tragedy, here.  NOT that Jim Kelly didn't visit him.  That's just silly.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think you need to put this into perspective.

More than anything, Ezra was a man who died of cancer and left a family behind.  That's the tragedy, here.  NOT that Jim Kelly didn't visit him.  That's just silly.

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make.

As a person who put so much into being a fan that he made national news on several occasions, is laying there in a hospital bed trying to beat cancer, it would have been nice if Bills Hall of Fame legend who recently beat cancer went to visit him or at least made a phone call. To me there is no excuse for not at least calling the guy.

Yes there are many super fans. Few rise to the level of a Pancho Billa.

There is a reason why the Bills organization built the relationship they did with Ezra. One Jim Kelly , and many of you, seem to fail to recognize.

This is kind of a touchy subject that maybe we shouldn't dive too deep into.

Pancho was a great fan, and a great human interest story too. But I don't think comparing him to other fans, or approving or disapproving Jim Kelly's involvement to Pancho is really a good thing to post about (here I am posting!). Let's concentrate on a Bills victory over the Bungles this Sunday!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make.

As a person who put so much into being a fan that he made national news on several occasions, is laying there in a hospital bed trying to beat cancer, it would have been nice if Bills Hall of Fame legend who recently beat cancer went to visit him or at least made a phone call. To me there is no excuse for not at least calling the guy.

Yes there are many super fans. Few rise to the level of a Pancho Billa.

There is a reason why the Bills organization built the relationship they did with Ezra. One Jim Kelly , and many of you, seem to fail to recognize.

The Bills do make a wish too

They were flooded with requests that Ezra got to partake in something and they granted it

Jim Kelly is sick. Anytime somebody reaches out it's special..  but Jimbo has been in rough shape for a while

He needs to get himself right , he did nothing wrong by not reaching out. The Bills did wayyyy more than anyone could imagine

• Like (+1) 3