Time for Kaepernick to officially retire from NFL?

prissythecat

26 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Did you even bother to look before posting about him opting out to confirm that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/31/colin-kaepernick-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-san-francisco/102358456/

Some team would need to offer him that before he could sign.

Led his team to the playoffs twice, one time to the Super Bowl and almost won.

How many years ago?

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

He's a f'n pig. Just like those socks he wore. He sucks and needs to go away. Ungrateful B word.

Those darn socks. Why didn't he just beat up some girl and he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

How many years ago?

You don't know how to look that up?

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He was about to be signed until his girlfriend chimed in.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/06/colin-kaepernick-ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-nessa-diab-nfl

Hes been away from the game for 3 years. 

That was brutal, and often overlooked in the Kap discussions.

What some people have difficulty accepting is that, in the end, if Kap was still a good quarterback, he'd be playing for someone. He's not out of the league because of his protests. He's out because the league caught on to his style of play and he became obsolete.

As I've said repeatedly in other Kap threads, if Michael Vick can kill dogs by hanging them from trees, putting bullets in their heads or drowning them in a bucket of water...and come out of prison to a multi-million-dollar deal, they'll take anyone...provided you can play.

Just now, klos63 said:

Those darn socks. Why didn't he just beat up some girl and he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

You don't know how to look that up?

You might like him, I don't. He had his chance in the NFL. He blew it. How's his "protest" working out for him now.

He's a POS

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Kaep being blackballed is simply team owners' response to white america's calling for his head. All these other excuses like ability and distraction are BOGUS. He isnt signed for fear of backlash from white america. And many of you that would be "appalled" if he was signed are the same ones using these excuses. You hide behind them as to not admit that you dont want to see him play cause you feel he disrespected your country for the sake of bringing attention to an issue you love to believe doesn't exist.

He's not being black balled.  He's not employed most likely because he was a lousy employee when he was last employed.  He used the platform of his employer and work time to push a personal, social and political agenda and one that was not popular among customers.  That will prevent almost anyone from working. 

It's a QB starved league.  If he's kept himself in shape and would agree to go back to work and not push his societal grievances on company time, he might get a contract as a backup QB. 

20 minutes ago, westside2 said:

He's a f'n pig. Just like those socks he wore. He sucks and needs to go away. Ungrateful B word.

13 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You might like him, I don't. He had his chance in the NFL. He blew it. How's his "protest" working out for him now.

He's a POS

We have a winning personality here. While I could explain the reasons behind his "protest" it would pass over your head just like everything else in this world likely has. Try not being hateful for reasons you don't understand. Your quality of life will improve.

On topic - the man deserves a shot, I hope he doesn't retire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-actively-interested-why-isnt-nfl-interested-in-him/ar-AAHruxD?li=BBnb7Kz

"Antonio Brown was a one-man circus in Oakland, called his then-general manager a slur and is now facing a civil lawsuit that accuses him of rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. Yet he was unemployed for all of six hours before the New England Patriots scooped him up, while Kaepernick can’t even get a courtesy call."

" Kaepernick has a career passer rating of 88.9, which would put him just behind Carson Wentz and ahead of Jared Goff this season. Aaron Rodgers and Dak Prescott are the only active players with a lower interception rate. "

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

other than the fact that he's been working out constantly for the last few years, practiced with NFL players this past offseason and has his agent calling NFL teams looking for a tryout. I get people don't like him, but it's amazing listening to all the people that think they know what's going on inside his head.

That is why I said "seems to me", to imply that this is my opinion and not a statement of fact. I am not as aware of his workout regimen and agent activity as you appear to be. That being said, if I were is his shoes and I felt the my skills would be obvious to ignore if I were given the opportunity, I would have been playing in the CFL the past few seasons to make it impossible to ignore for NFL teams. And don't argue that this is beneath him, it worked for Warren Moon and Doug Flutie when they were not getting the opportunities that their skills should have provided.  This is why my OPINION is that he would rather complain about being black balled than do everything in his power to get another opportunity.

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He's not being black balled.  He's not employed most likely because he was a lousy employee when he was last employed.  He used the platform of his employer and work time to push a personal, social and political agenda and one that was not popular among customers.  That will prevent almost anyone from working. 

It's a QB starved league.  If he's kept himself in shape and would agree to go back to work and not push his societal grievances on company time, he might get a contract as a backup QB. 

Call it whatever you want, but blackballed is a pretty accurate term. He quietly knelt for about 40 seconds before the games started, other players still are doing that. We have domestic abusers that are in the league and by your definition, they are also lousy employees, yet most are still in the league. 

At this point he is 31 years old, was always a gimmick system QB, and would be more of a distraction than anything due to the media circus it would create. No one is going to invest significant money on him because he isn't anyone's long term answer. I don't think he just wants to be a backup somewhere either. This whole situation is of his own making. I don't feel sorry for him because he is rich af from the game itself, as well as endorsements, and also got a settlement rumored to be in the $60,000,000-$80,000,000 range from the NFL. He's no martyr, not by any stretch of the imagination. I wish him no ill will, but I don't buy the victim card he has played due to the way everything has worked itself out. It's not like he was having a HOF career. Talent trumps controversy. You see it with Kareem Hunt, Tyreke Hill, Joe Mixon, Dontae Stallworth, Michael Vick, the list could go on. Hell, how many chances did Aldon Smith get? If he was a top tier QB he would have BEEN signed long ago. People were calling for his head and he was benched in SF long before the kneeling started. Some very casually forget that. 

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That is why I said "seems to me", to imply that this is my opinion and not a statement of fact. I am not as aware of his workout regimen and agent activity as you appear to be. That being said, if I were is his shoes and I felt the my skills would be obvious to ignore if I were given the opportunity, I would have been playing in the CFL the past few seasons to make it impossible to ignore for NFL teams. And don't argue that this is beneath him, it worked for Warren Moon and Doug Flutie when they were not getting the opportunities that their skills should have provided.  This is why my OPINION is that he would rather complain about being black balled than do everything in his power to get another opportunity.

Fair enough, but I don't think he's the one complaining about being blackballed, I'm sure he's disappointed, but it's mostly those that support him that say he is blackballed.