Time for Kaepernick to officially retire from NFL?

prissythecat

Regardless of anyone's personal beliefs - is there any reason to believe that a QB who was seriously declining as a player and hasn't played in the league for 2 years can come back, play and suddenly be good? I don't understand this perception that he is somehow suffering for his beliefs and being held out of the league. He's Tim Tebow, but brings even more media distraction. These guys are marginal players who absolutely could be backups, but the media focuses on them so much that the distraction they bring to the team outweighs the benefit of having them as a sub on the bench. I'm not sure if he's really asking for $20M as was reported in the offseason, but that's ridiculous. If he wants to play, let him sign in the XFL and show he can actually play the position.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Jobot said:

No team is gonna take him at this point.  It causes too much of a distraction regardless of your opinion on the kneeling matter.

I hear this argument all the time. What distraction are you speaking of? The media asking questions? This is a bogus argument at this point and Im tired of seeing it. Pure excuse.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

He was about to be signed until his girlfriend chimed in.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/06/colin-kaepernick-ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-nessa-diab-nfl

Hes been away from the game for 3 years. 

Josh Johnson hadn't played in 7 years and was signed last season.  The reason he isn't signed is because he's a lightening rod for crazy media coverage, it has nothing to do with his ability. Look at all the crappy QB's that played in week 2. I'm guessing with a full camp, he'd be no worse and likely better than some of them.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Regardless of anyone's personal beliefs - is there any reason to believe that a QB who was seriously declining as a player and hasn't played in the league for 2 years can come back, play and suddenly be good? I don't understand this perception that he is somehow suffering for his beliefs and being held out of the league. He's Tim Tebow, but brings even more media distraction. These guys are marginal players who absolutely could be backups, but the media focuses on them so much that the distraction they bring to the team outweighs the benefit of having them as a sub on the bench. I'm not sure if he's really asking for $20M as was reported in the offseason, but that's ridiculous. If he wants to play, let him sign in the XFL and show he can actually play the position.

The XFL doesn't exist. And playing well there wouldn't make a difference.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

I guess if you compare him to TT then he might be ok.

Did you watch the Jets game Monday?  Dolphins? Some awful QB play

I honestly could not care less if he ends up on any team other than the Bills, but he does not seem to me like he REALLY wants to play in the NFL anymore.  Getting on a team and playing poorly would be way worse for him than never playing again.  As it stands now, he will always be able to blame the NFL for his current situation.

If he plays and fails, he will lose his martyr status forever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He sucks at QB and hasnt played in a while.

He is far better than what some teams are putting on the field & better than any backup QB. Right now He's better than any QB the Steelers, Jest & Saints are going to throw out there. He's got playoff experience and was a starting QB in the Super Bowl. His not playing has nothing to do with his QB skills.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The XFL doesn't exist. And playing well there wouldn't make a difference.

https://www.xfl.com Hello facts.

Playing well there might make a difference. The assertion that it wouldn't is your opinion, which is based on nothing and flies in the face of reality. If AAF players got tryouts and were signed based on their performances there, XFL players will be signed as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes.  And maintaining that martyr status is very important to him.

That martyr status has made him into a rich man (think Nike contract).

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

https://www.xfl.com Hello facts.

Playing well there might make a difference. The assertion that it wouldn't is your opinion, which is based on nothing and flies in the face of reality. If AAF players got tryouts and were signed based on their performances there, XFL players will be signed as well.

let's wait til they actually play some games before saying they are back.

Kaep being blackballed is simply team owners' response to white america's calling for his head. All these other excuses like ability and distraction are BOGUS. He isnt signed for fear of backlash from white america. And many of you that would be "appalled" if he was signed are the same ones using these excuses. You hide behind them as to not admit that you dont want to see him play cause you feel he disrespected your country for the sake of bringing attention to an issue you love to believe doesn't exist.

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I honestly could not care less if he ends up on any team other than the Bills, but he does not seem to me like he REALLY wants to play in the NFL anymore.  Getting on a team and playing poorly would be way worse for him than never playing again.  As it stands now, he will always be able to blame the NFL for his current situation.

other than the fact that he's been working out constantly for the last few years, practiced with NFL players this past offseason and has his agent calling NFL teams looking for a tryout. I get people don't like him, but it's amazing listening to all the people that think they know what's going on inside his head.

• Like (+1) 1