Vonte Davis story on ESPN...Full scoop on his halftime retirement decision

StHustle

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why is anyone giving this ***** any more attention?   Not clicking that link.

Dude, I just rolled out of bed(west coast) and had the exact same thought. It's freaking gameday and we're talking about Vontae Davis! To each their own I guess. Let's just get a win any which way "we" can. I don't expect any halftime retirements TODAY; GAMEDAY, so I've moved on from Vontae.

• 2 months later...

So Vontae thought about the Bills' reputation as an organization during the first half, and that was the tipping point that led to his bailing at halftime?  OK.  Is he selling any real estate in the middle of the Okefenokee too?

• Haha (+1) 1

It doesn't matter when he felt he needed to retire, the only thing that matters is how you go about the action of retiring & as long as i'm able to think rationally he will be a quitter plain & simple !!

He could have walked over to the coach & tell him hey i'm done i can't go back in, he could of said he had a injury, & if he would have done that & stayed on the side line to help router his team mates it would have been totally different ! 

He could have went in the locker room at the end of the game & said look guys it hit me & i'm done but instead he left the field & then the stadium & walked out on every one & every thing in the NFL with no respect or common decency for either which shows me he's nothing but a quitter !! 

Actions speak louder than  words & the way he did it spoke volumes ...

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, RU5781 said:

WTF is this???

But those closest to him had reservations.

"I absolutely wanted to stay away from Buffalo," Megan says. "The organization just didn't have a great reputation. When you're in the league, you hear things, and records show things."

It was a well-deserved reputation for ineptitude.    

Is that really a surprise to anyone on this board?

On 9/18/2019 at 11:00 AM, Doc said:

What a crock of Vontae.  The Bills had just come off a playoff season under a new regime. 

To paraphrase Marv, "...get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep until noon"

Decades of Ralph's cluster**** management (with a brief parting of the clouds during the Polian years) is what most people outside of Buffalo thought about prior to Beane taking charge.   One year of slipping into the playoffs because of Andy Dalton's heroics wasn't likely enough to put that to rest...