Edmunds vs the run - a liability?

YoloinOhio

The kid needs to put on weight but I’m guessing he’ll do that as he ages...I know I have! With that said, it’s clear Coach knows what he brings and defense isn’t built around him being a thumper. The run defense has settled in both weeks and appears to work best when they’re slashing across or down the line as opposed to meeting RBs directly in the hole. My two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paywall to the full article 

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/ca43d8ea-49fe-38aa-bd93-4848e5505015/bills%26%2339%3B-tremaine-edmunds.html

That was more like it. Playmaking that was easily noticeable rather than nuanced. Statistics that told an unmistakable story of production. In Sunday's game against the New England Patriots, middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds looked every bit the part of the high-impact force the Buffalo Bills expected

Bills' Tremaine Edmunds more noticeable vs. Patriots, but has contributed all alon

• Like (+1) 1

That’s great news to see the stats backing up what my eyes think they see.

Edmunds is maturing and growing, the game is slowing down and he is getting more comfortable. Edmunds is really good. When he puts it all together and can play with just his instincts and talent he will be a force. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Maybe I don't know what I am watching, but I feel like those busting on Edmunds don't know what they are watching.  

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

@BADOLBILZ

At some point, with everyone just piling on this point, you have to start to see how wrong you are. 

He had an excellent game.  

I never said he wouldn't..........I said he hadn't been excelling or consistent to that point........and that was the case thru 3 games..........I don't take PFF as gospel.:lol:

Let's see it every week now.

Road game against a fringe-playoff contending AFC opponent that they don't play regularly...........will they be less prepared or be less inspired?   We shall see.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He had an excellent game.  

I never said he wouldn't..........I said he hadn't been excelling or consistent to that point........and that was the case thru 3 games..........I don't take PFF as gospel.:lol:

Let's see it every week now.

Road game against a fringe-playoff contending AFC opponent that they don't play regularly...........will they be less prepared or be less inspired?   We shall see.

Yeah, but you also said he should be an OLB. 

At the end of the day, anyone who is wise enough to look at more than just stats knows Edmunds is a top-10 LB.  At his age, there can be no doubt he will be top-5. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Boo!! Edmunds is the Best 

honestly haven't noticed him being a liability against the run so he must be great :D

On 9/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, elroy16 said:

He's great when he fires off the snap and blows up gaps. Of course that can lead to him leaving the middle of the field wide open when he's fooled on play action.

I'm not worried yet. I'll gladly take a MLB that is slightly below average against the run but good against the pass over the opposite. He's still young, he's super long, and athletic, I think at worst he'll be average against the run, which I can live with.

i really wanted Leighton Vander Esch when we drafted Edmunds, curious how he is doing against the run ?