Would you trade a 2nd or a 3rd for A.J. Green?

BrycePaup4ever

Definitely not trading Shaq for him.  Dude is finally playing like a 1st round pick and people now want to trade him?  

Id send a 4th their way for A.J. Green.  He’s just never healthy and is on the backside of his career. 

For the “send a 3rd crowd”.. We drafted Singletary in the 3rd this past year, and Harrison Phillips the year prior.  One looks to be a stud playmaker on offense and the other is becoming a legit starting caliber DT. 

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yes. 

He's a 7 time Pro Bowl WR (only been in the league 8 years) and has PHENOMENAL hands. As Zay has shown, it's nowhere near a guarantee to grab a WR with a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and even if you do hit on one, it's highly unlikely you'll land one as exceptional as AJ Green.

And Injury Prone? Sure, he's missed some games here and there, but many WR's have. He played all 16 games in 2017, then missed 7 last season. And every year aside from 2016 & 2018 he's had over 1,000 yards receiving (and in 2016 he had 964 yards in only 10 games). 

I'd trade a 2nd or a 3rd if the Bengals would take it, let him rest & heal a bit longer while he learns the playbook & gets up to speed, then throw him in after you know he's 100% recovered & good to go.

We haven't had a WR of his caliber in ages. Eric Moulds would be the closest, but Green is even better than Moulds. Even if he only played half a season for us, he'd likely have a bigger impact than any other WR we'll have that plays all 16 games.

Given his injury, this would probably be the perfect time to grab him. Let him sit and learn the playbook for a few weeks, get him a week of practice, and have him be full go by game time. 

Why does everyone want to trade for AJ Green. We’d be giving up a draft pick for a rental of an injured player that is about to be a FA. The move just makes no sense. We are 2-0, not on the verge of a Super Bowl victory this year. Stay the course. 

8 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

WHY??????

COMPLETELY unnecessary to bring in a player who gets hurt and is older. We have a receiving corps better than half the teams in the league already, and I'm confident that Duke Williams could come in and make it even better.

Because he’s twice as good as any reciever  on this roster and the pats have too many weapons.  

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/2019/09/17/the-buffalo-bills-need-to-win-on-sunday-then-make-an-offer-for-a-j-green/

"He is only under contract for this year, but signing him to a short extension would not be an issue as the Bills are projected over $80 million in cap space next season. If they sign him for 2-3 years, they could have him, Brown, and Beasley under contract for multiple seasons before the team has to pay Josh Allen."

Edited by njodogg
Added quote from article

10 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

I think I would. 

I want him, Bryce, but they should be doing cartwheels in Cincy even if we give them a 3rd.  Last year of his deal, injury prone, currently making 12 plus million and this team needs to start rebuilding.

He is that "extra piece" that a team like ours might need.

The Bengals don't need as much now as an extra piece as they do part of a foundation.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts