Would you trade a 2nd or a 3rd for A.J. Green?

BrycePaup4ever

Depends where we are by the deadline and how our receivers look, especially if no one can take over as the #3 option behind Brown & Beasley.

But it would be a 3rd or 4th. He’s on the last year of his deal. 

Edited by Dkollidas

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why? 

Old expensive guys are not what we seem to be about. We already signed a couple great additions.  I see us drafting from a strong WR class, not paying with draft choices and top dollar for older guys. 

We have relatively large amounts to spend in a shrinking window to spend it. There’s a strong argument to use some picks for proven vets instead of day 2 projects. 

I havent followed his injury but a day two pick for a plug and play top receiver or pass rusher is a no brainer

3 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

I agree a third is worth a try. Maybe package Shaq in deal?

Your Nuts Mate! Shaq is worth AJ straight up!

Your realize we spent a 1st on Shaq whom has been playing like a 1st since away from Rex and still developing? AJ is done in 2-3yrs, while SHAQ could be around 10 yrs as a top DE.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

nope, hes on the back end of his career and hes injury prone 

Yes. 

He's a 7 time Pro Bowl WR (only been in the league 8 years) and has PHENOMENAL hands. As Zay has shown, it's nowhere near a guarantee to grab a WR with a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and even if you do hit on one, it's highly unlikely you'll land one as exceptional as AJ Green.

And Injury Prone? Sure, he's missed some games here and there, but many WR's have. He played all 16 games in 2017, then missed 7 last season. And every year aside from 2016 & 2018 he's had over 1,000 yards receiving (and in 2016 he had 964 yards in only 10 games). 

I'd trade a 2nd or a 3rd if the Bengals would take it, let him rest & heal a bit longer while he learns the playbook & gets up to speed, then throw him in after you know he's 100% recovered & good to go.

We haven't had a WR of his caliber in ages. Eric Moulds would be the closest, but Green is even better than Moulds. Even if he only played half a season for us, he'd likely have a bigger impact than any other WR we'll have that plays all 16 games.

• Like (+1) 1