Yaz homers in Boston

JoeF

20 hours ago, JoeF said:

Mike Yasztremski that is....grandpa wasn't there tonight but has to be smiling ear to year...

I was lucky enough to be there last night.  Had seats on the Monstah.  Carl was there.

IMG-0299.jpg?w=644

I've never been huge fan of Bostonians, but I must say ... I've been to two games at Fenway in the past two years.  They are awesome baseball fans and I love it there.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was lucky enough to be there last night.  Had seats on the Monstah.  Carl was there.

IMG-0299.jpg?w=644

I've never been huge fan of Bostonians, but I must say ... I've been to two games at Fenway in the past two years.  They are awesome baseball fans and I love it there.

Awesome.  Read one story that said he would attend tonight and not last night because he didn't want Mike to be nervous.  Cool that you were there to see it live.

Just now, JoeF said:

Awesome.  Read one story that said he would attend tonight and not last night because he didn't want Mike to be nervous.  Cool that you were there to see it live.

I was really happy to be there!!!  Such a great baseball atmosphere (still doesn't beat Citi Field, but I'd say Fenway is a solid 2nd).  On my drive home last night, whilst listening to Boston sports radio, they said that Carl may throw out the first pitch tonight and young Yaz may catch it.  Now THAT would be cool.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was really happy to be there!!!  Such a great baseball atmosphere (still doesn't beat Citi Field, but I'd say Fenway is a solid 2nd).  On my drive home last night, whilst listening to Boston sports radio, they said that Carl may throw out the first pitch tonight and young Yaz may catch it.  Now THAT would be cool.

I’ve been a Sox fan since I was 7. 

Last night was my first time in Fenway. I think there was some fine dust in the breeze during batting practice because I couldn’t quite see clearly.

I drove up with my kid (11) from Long Island. Took him out of school early, at Noon. I promised my wife that I’d have him home so he could go to school today (we pulled into the driveway at 2:00am, we left after the bottom of the 9th). If not, I would have sat there all night in a 15 inning game. The weather was perfect. It was a nearly full house on a Tuesday night. That doesn’t happen in NY.  

I married a Lifelong Mets fan and so they’re my adopted local team. I’ve been all over Citifield, from the upper deck to the literal last seat up in left field to behind the plate and in a box a few times. Citifield is a great ballpark — not a stadium.  

Fenway is, to me, the original ballpark though it feels weird. It’s almost as though there are as many seats in right and center field as the rest of the park. And the upper deck is small. We were on the first base side in a field box. I’m sure I could have thrown a ball and hit the base of the Monster — at least that’s how close it looked. 

I’m going to make a point of going to a midweek series next year, especially to catch a day game. 

Just now, snafu said:

I’ve been a Sox fan since I was 7. 

Last night was my first time in Fenway. I think there was some fine dust in the breeze during batting practice because I couldn’t quite see clearly.

I drove up with my kid (11) from Long Island. Took him out of school early, at Noon. I promised my wife that I’d have him home so he could go to school today (we pulled into the driveway at 2:00am, we left after the bottom of the 9th). If not, I would have sat there all night in a 15 inning game. The weather was perfect. It was a nearly full house on a Tuesday night. That doesn’t happen in NY.  

I married a Lifelong Mets fan and so they’re my adopted local team. I’ve been all over Citifield, from the upper deck to the literal last seat up in left field to behind the plate and in a box a few times. Citifield is a great ballpark — not a stadium.  

Fenway is, to me, the original ballpark though it feels weird. It’s almost as though there are as many seats in right and center field as the rest of the park. And the upper deck is small. We were on the first base side in a field box. I’m sure I could have thrown a ball and hit the base of the Monster — at least that’s how close it looked. 

I’m going to make a point of going to a midweek series next year, especially to catch a day game. 

You were there and didn't come to say hello???  WTF, dude?!!??!

I've been to more than a handful of ballparks and Citi Field, so far, takes the cake for me.  Definitely want to check out Camden Yards next year.

• Like (+1) 1