Should 12th man on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to Bills Mafia?

BuffaloBill

Should “12th Man” on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to “Bills Mafia”  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should “12th Man” on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to “Bills Mafia”

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

12th Man really was a factor when Rich Stadium sat 83,000 people in the early 90's and you could completely get in the heads of visiting teams. Crowd noise was much louder then. 

Have you been to a home game since then?  The crowd is loud....

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The whole “12th man” thing isn’t Bills. I just hate things that we stole (hence my issues with “process”). The “Bills Mafia” thing at least belongs to us. It is unique to us. If we want to recognize the fan base I’d rather recognize Bills fans than “generic football fan base.” That’s what 12th man is. It is every teams fans. I like the idea of us vs. everyone else. Whether you like Bills Mafia or not it isn’t something that we are sharing.

I totally agree, 12th man is generic and we deserve better than that. My point is Mafia is slightly better than Bills rapists. (OK, that’s slightly extreme!) The Mafia is renowned for (and exists because of) it’s illegal and egregiously evil behavior. Not my idea of a good nickname. Maybe that's just me. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I totally agree, 12th man is generic and we deserve better than that. My point is Mafia is slightly better than Bills rapists. (OK, that’s slightly extreme!) The Mafia is renowned for (and exists because of) it’s illegal and egregiously evil behavior. Not my idea of a good nickname. Maybe that's just me. 

But we're not like the cold-blooded sociopathic mafia. We're the romanticized Hollywood version.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't really have a problem with the Bills Mafia thing, but I don't see any reason to switch it out with 12th man.

There are some who really hate the Bills Mafia thing. Those people would probably cry.

The national media citing the Bills Mafia label is more embarrassing than losing 4 straight SB's, O.J. and 17 seasons of missing the playoffs combined.

It wreaks of a fan base desperate and insecure by those who seek to be identified as such imo.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

But we're not like the cold-blooded sociopathic mafia. We're the romanticized Hollywood version.

Where they cut away and just show the less bloody scenes to sanitize things to get to PG-13 or R ratings? Could Buffalo just be the neat and tidy Hollywood Mafia? I’m afraid Hollywood might object to a Buffalo connection! Life is complicated!