Should 12th man on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to Bills Mafia?

BuffaloBill

Should “12th Man” on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to “Bills Mafia”  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should “12th Man” on Bills Wall of Fame be changed to “Bills Mafia”

• Yes
    • No

I say yes, old timers will say no.   Heck, just add Bills Mafia along side the 12th Man 

There is no right answer. Some will argue about the connotations of the word mafia, but the national media has accepted and encouraged its use.  It is a unique element to the Bills and ought be embraced. 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It's 2019. Should be "12th Person"

Ok, you’ve been triggered. Got it. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

It’s actually an interesting thought and I voted yes. 12th man isn’t us!! Texas A&M owns it (I think) and the Seahawks are the NFL team that everyone identifies with it. It’s like the Bills trying to pretend that, “Trust the Process” is a Bills thing. It isn’t. The whole Bills Mafia thing is us and only us. It’s an all-encompassing term to encapsulate the way that we rally together, good and bad. I ALWAYS prefer things that are ours not things that we took from someone else.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s actually an interesting thought and I voted yes. 12th man isn’t us!! Texas A&M owns it (I think) and the Seahawks are the NFL team that everyone identifies with it. It’s like the Bills trying to pretend that, “Trust the Process” is a Bills thing. It isn’t. The whole Bills Mafia thing is us and only us. It’s an all-encompassing term to encapsulate the way that we rally together, good and bad. I ALWAYS prefer things that are ours not things that we took from someone else.

I’d rather share an innocuous name than go for “mafia”. Were Bloods and Crips taken already? 

I did enjoy The Godfather movies, however. Well, more than that horse did!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d rather share an innocuous name than go for “mafia”. Were Bloods and Crips taken already? 

I did enjoy The Godfather movies, however. Well, more than that horse did!   ?

The whole “12th man” thing isn’t Bills. I just hate things that we stole (hence my issues with “process”). The “Bills Mafia” thing at least belongs to us. It is unique to us. If we want to recognize the fan base I’d rather recognize Bills fans than “generic football fan base.” That’s what 12th man is. It is every team’s fans. I like the idea of us vs. everyone else. Whether you like Bills Mafia or not it isn’t something that we are sharing.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1