Florida couple arrested for DUI charges, then had sex in the back of police car

Happy

Only in FloriDAH

"While I was outside my patrol vehicle, Megan and Aaron took their clothes off and started to have sex," the arresting deputy said in the arrest report.

"When I opened up the door to stop them, Aaron was naked and Megan had her pants down where her vaginal area was visible. I also observed her bra was halfway off and her breasts were fully visible."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-couple-arrested-dui-charges-224936679.html

So let me see if I have this correct. They were drunk (obviously) but riding bicycles. Yes they were riding at night without lights, and I wish the cops pulled more people over for that (as with riding against traffic, on the sidewalk, not signaling turns--this goes for autos too, etc). But arrest them and put them into a police car? Seriously? For riding a bicycle drunk?

I understand that it is illegal to peddle under the influence. But there is really not much of a chance of these cyclists killing anyone other than themselves. Shouldn't they just have been issued a citation?

With that said, i have to ask, "is having sex in the backseat of a car against the law?" I get that it was in the back of a police car---but c'mon. That makes it hilarious. If the cop had half a sense of humor, he'd let them go simply because they were so outrageous.  I mean, unless they called him a motherf$#%er or something,

Full disclosure. I've broken these laws on many occasions. Riding a bicycle drunk?  Absolutely. May do it again later this week. Sex in the backseat of a car? Not in awhile, unfortunately, but hell yes!  

Quick note: For those of you who don't know Fernandina Beach. It's a pretty quiet beach town, especially this time of year.  I don't think they were on any major roads with much traffic, if that matters to you.

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

So let me see if I have this correct. They were drunk (obviously) but riding bicycles. Yes they were riding at night without lights, and I wish the cops pulled more people over for that (as with riding against traffic, on the sidewalk, not signaling turns--this goes for autos too, etc). But arrest them and put them into a police car? Seriously? For riding a bicycle drunk?

I understand that it is illegal to peddle under the influence. But there is really not much of a chance of these cyclists killing anyone other than themselves. Shouldn't they just have been issued a citation?

With that said, i have to ask, "is having sex in the backseat of a car against the law?" I get that it was in the back of a police car---but c'mon. That makes it hilarious. If the cop had half a sense of humor, he'd let them go simply because they were so outrageous.  I mean, unless they called him a motherf$#%er or something,

Full disclosure. I've broken these laws on many occasions. Riding a bicycle drunk?  Absolutely. May do it again later this week. Sex in the backseat of a car? Not in awhile, unfortunately, but hell yes!  

Quick note: For those of you who don't know Fernandina Beach. It's a pretty quiet beach town, especially this time of year.  I don't think they were on any major roads with much traffic, if that matters to you.

Sex in the back of a car is lewd behavior/indecent exposure/ sex in public, which gets you arrested.

The guy fled from the cops and was caught in back of an ice cream shop.

The woman started to attack a deputy.

All of the above is cause for arrest, even without the DUI charge.  

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sex in the back of a car is lewd behavior/indecent exposure/ sex in public, which gets you arrested.

The guy fled from the cops and was caught in back of an ice cream shop.

The woman started to attack a deputy.

All of the above is cause for arrest, even without the DUI charge.  

Honestly how often do you think people get arrested for sex in the backseat of the car?

But mostly I was just kidding. However I actually wonder if it was necessary.

And yes, after they were arrested and escaped, then they deserved getting arrested. No doubt. 

I'm not saying they couldn't be arrested for their original offense (or 2 offenses). But c'mon. Really?  I think  this may have been avoided with a little bit of police discretion and restraint. There is one big exception I can think of at the moment (I'm sure there are more).  If they were recidivist trouble in that town with many incidents, I might see some reason for the escalation.