The RB stable could be a little questionable going forward.

njbuff

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

I mean, we get an extra practice squad spot from this whole thing. It wouldn't be fair to other teams if we could activate him. We had our chance at final cut down day, and he clearly was not ready. 

Yup.  They could've added him to the regular 10 man practice squad spot if they wanted to call him up this year.  So, there should be no whining. 

Edited by Doc Brown

Gore isn’t getting younger-But he is still productive this year and his running style fits this offense

Singletary (who we all love) came up lame-He wont be gone very long if at all, two weeks at the most and Yeldon can handle 5-10 carries a game

Yeldon they don’t trust too much yet-Not a Yeldon fan as a starter, but he is a good pass catching back and you could do a lot worse as a backup

DiMarco is as useless as used toilet paper-I disagree here, a good special teamer and has just enough on running and catching to give him a role on the offense.  It is up for debate on whether or not today's NFL roster needs a traditional fullback, but DiMarco has fit that role well and is doing his job.

Would I trade for Drake?  Maybe a low round pick, but I think that it is more of a luxury than an urgent need.

I would rather see them stick what what is on the roster now and add someone in the draft if the need comes up next year.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Gore isn’t getting younger-But he is still productive this year and his running style fits this offense

Singletary (who we all love) came up lame-He wont be gone very long if at all, two weeks at the most and Yeldon can handle 5-10 carries a game

Yeldon they don’t trust too much yet-Not a Yeldon fan as a starter, but he is a good pass catching back and you could do a lot worse as a backup

DiMarco is as useless as used toilet paper-I disagree here, a good special teamer and has just enough on running and catching to give him a role on the offense.  It is up for debate on whether or not today's NFL roster needs a traditional fullback, but DiMarco has fit that role well and is doing his job.

Would I trade for Drake?  Maybe a low round pick, but I think that it is more of a luxury than an urgent need.

I would rather see them stick what what is on the roster now and add someone in the draft if the need comes up next year.

Agreed.  This is the reason we signed Yeldon.  He's a viable change of pace pass catching back with a career 4.0 ypc average and 55 catches for 487 yards last year with Blake fricken Bortles as his QB.  Plus, he knows the offense.  If it was a long term injury then a Drake trade would make sense.

Edited by Doc Brown