The RB stable could be a little questionable going forward.

njbuff

So, since Miami is in middle of gutting their roster...............

I would like to take Kenyon Drake off their hands for a low round pick. 

He he will be a FA at seasons end and he ain’t re-signing there.

Gore isn’t getting younger

Singletary (who we all love) came up lame

Yeldon they don’t trust too much yet

DiMarco is as useless as used toilet paper

Would you do this?

By the way, this is the only type of trade I would consider because I am perfectly happy with this team rolling with what they have for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Would you do this?

By the way, this is the only type of trade I would consider because I am perfectly happy with this team rolling with what they have for the rest of the season.

I would do this. But who gets moved off to make it happen. They are not going to part with Gore or DiMarco IMO. 

I also don’t think they would move on from Yeldon either.

i would replace Yeldon with Drake. Just not sure the Bills would. 

Let me cabeat that with I am good with it for no more than a 5th. 

I want Kalen Ballage, actually.

Should be very cheap. He hasn't realized his full potential on that ***** hole team

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

I wouldn't be mad with a late round pick for Drake. Who are we releasing though? I like our roster right now. Let's just hope Singletary's injury doesn't cost significant time or linger. 

Conor McDermott

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 3

The Bills added their 11th and final member of their initial 2019 practice squad on two weeks ago, signing free agent RB Byron Marshall.

Marshall, 25, was just released by the Washington Redskins on Sunday. He appeared in 10 games over the past two seasons for Washington logging 12 carries for 41 yards and 10 receptions for 66 yards.

Originally an undrafted rookie signing of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2016, Marshall (5-9, 215) was on the Eagles practice squad in 2016, but was elevated to the active roster and appeared in three games for Philadelphia that year.

The University of Oregon product had over 3,000 total yards from scrimmage in his college career (3,170) along with 27 touchdowns. He had a 1,000-yard rushing season as a sophomore, and then a 1,000-yard receiving season as a junior.

The addition of Marshall gives Buffalo a back capable of being elevated to the active roster in the event of an injury.

RB Christian Wade is on the Bills practice squad, but carries an international player designation and because the people who run this league are morons, he can't play for us at all this year.   Genius rule whoever threw that one in.... "hey lets get international athletes in the mix, we'll even give you an extra practice squad spot for 'em, but even if you get decimated with injuries and you'd like to activate them, well.....you know....haha, that'd just be silly to actually let them play.   So lets make a rule that they can't play at all for at least a few games..... wait no, how about a whole month.  Yeah they can't play for a whole month.   Wait what's that Roger?  A whole SEASON?   Dude yeah let's tell em they're benched for the whole SEASON.   hahahahaha it's perfect ! "

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Would you do this?

Because Yeldon hasn't seen much action? Ever think Dabol is holding back some cards for, oh say...week 4? As for DiMarco's usefulness, he's getting a lot of snaps for being "useless."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

I say let the Motor sit regardless of how he feels.   It's a hammy and it's some level of tear.  Could be a simple grade 1 but why mess around with it?   Keep giving him treatment and shoot for the Patriots game.

We have two good runners who can pass protect and hammer the ball north and south.   We're home against the Bengals as heavy faves playing a defense who just gave up 500 yards two days ago to the freakin niners.  They don't have Mixon or AJ on offense.   

I see zero wisdom in risking any further issues with the kid.  If you rush hammies they can nag you all year.   Also, as much as I love the kid, most of his success thus far has been from the space provided by some excellent blocking by TE's and the big uglies.   He's had some Emmitt Smith type holes to work with.

• Thank you (+1) 1

More Dimarco hate. At this point I just have to assume that people don't understand what a FB is and the role they play in this offense.

He's getting a lot of snaps for a reason.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Would you do this?

He needs to work on that.

• Haha (+1) 1

If Motor misses a game or two then I agree we could use another back with more pop than Gore. But we don't need to trade a pick for a guy who become redundant as soon as we're healthy. This is where you trust your scouting department, whether that's promoting the kid from the PS or finding someone the way they found Gillislee a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

If Motor misses a game or two then I agree we could use another back with more pop than Gore. But we don't need to trade a pick for a guy who become redundant as soon as we're healthy. This is where you trust your scouting department, whether that's promoting the kid from the PS or finding someone the way they found Gillislee a few years ago.

Mike Gillislee who is currently a free agent right?  He was out of work last year after game 4 and got some workouts (Jaguars, Raiders, Colts) but no signings.

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

RB Christian Wade is on the Bills practice squad, but carries an international player designation and because the people who run this league are morons, he can't play for us at all this year.   Genius rule whoever threw that one in.... "hey lets get international athletes in the mix, we'll even give you an extra practice squad spot for 'em, but even if you get decimated with injuries and you'd like to activate them, well.....you know....haha, that'd just be silly to actually let them play.   So lets make a rule that they can't play at all for at least a few games..... wait no, how about a whole month.  Yeah they can't play for a whole month.   Wait what's that Roger?  A whole SEASON?   Dude yeah let's tell em they're benched for the whole SEASON.   hahahahaha it's perfect ! "

I mean, we get an extra practice squad spot from this whole thing. It wouldn't be fair to other teams if we could activate him. We had our chance at final cut down day, and he clearly was not ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

Drake for a low pick is far better than whoever suggested going after Melvin Gordon. Still, I think they ride Gore and Yeldon for a week or two if Singletary is to miss any time. Although this is a stellar fantasy matchup and I selfishly want to start him this week so here's hoping he is good to go! 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Would you do this?

Ehh...maybe. How hard is it to draft another running back in the lte rounds next year?

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Great idea. I don’t know why he keeps getting dumped. He’s not great - more of a younger Gore? - but he can still produce. 

He's had a pretty long history with weight gain.  Just throwing it out there, that could be a reason.