Mike Greenberg Flips out about Jets - Get Up

Rochesterfan

37 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

I'd love to know what "Spags" thinks..., Spags you out there?

He has a condition, he can’t reply, no really, his hands are to small to type....

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Very funny but I can understand. I can remember back in the late 60’s-early 70’s going into a season knowing we had no chance.  

Yeah, but this wasn't that... the guy was spending the whole off-season in a feedback loop that the Jets were going to challenge the Patriots. It's the difference between closing your eyes and waiting for a pie in the face and getting a pie in the face, and closing your eyes and waiting for a kiss and getting hit with a fire extinguisher.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Very funny but I can understand. I can remember back in the late 60’s-early 70’s going into a season knowing we had no chance.  

Those were the days, huh?  I was like 9-10 in that time frame. My brothers and I used to go with my dad. I remember games where we would be walking back to the car after the game, saying things like, “Well, at least we got to see them score a touchdown right in front of us today, right dad??”

I remember them getting their butts handed to them by the chargers in a mud bowl game. Middle of the fourth quarter, the game was out of reach, were soaking wet, and the only guy on the entire field with a clean uniform was John Hadl. The crowd started chanting, “Get Hadl dirty, get Hadl dirty.”  It took a couple of plays and the Bills finally sacked him. The place was as loud as if we had just scored the winning touchdown. Really pathetic. But that was how it was in those years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is hilarious, yet I don't take a lot of pleasure in it.  We can all relate.

"I wait all year for this, it's 8 days, and it's over."

What Bills fan can't relate to THAT?

I can totally relate to it.  Oh boy.  

But unlike you, I absolutely am enjoying overconfident fans melting down.   Especially because it's now my team that can rip the heart out of other fans.  It's good to be the king.  

45 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

When you can hear the people behind the camera's laughing, I think it's safe to say it was pretty genuine.

My favorite line:  I wait all year long for this and it's 8 days and the season over!

I thought they were laughing as much at Marcus Spears gyrating in his seat to the rant as they were laughing at Greenie. That was funny. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

When you can hear the people behind the camera's laughing, I think it's safe to say it was pretty genuine.

My favorite line:  I wait all year long for this and it's 8 days and the season over!

We have gone through that many a time in the past two decades.

Doesn't anyone besides me realize how close we came to losing to the Jets?

Doesn't anyone besides me think we WOULD have lost to the Jets if their MLB didn't get hurt?

I don't think there's any reason to think Darnold won't be a very good QB.  No QB can play well behind a bad O line and with a bad offensive game plan, and most QBs will have a tough time against the Bills D.  

But, with Darnold out for a month or so, I agree the season looks grim for the Jets.  I've been in that place myself with quite a few Bills teams.  

FWIW, I googled 2-0 contenders or pretenders to see what people were saying about the Bills.  I happened to get linked to a 2018 article.  Guess which AFCE team was 2-0 last year.  Miami.  So it is possible to collapse really really fast, if you have the right coach.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Mike Francesa on WFAN had a great line today to the effect that the Jets and Giants seasons are both over before baseball this year.

• Haha (+1) 2

AS Buffalo Bills fans we can relate to what it is to wait all off-season long for football to start and then ...... your team sucks..... It is a killer... a gut punch.... a heart breaker....  

I feel for him because the Jets are about to fall off a cliff and give the fins a run for the first pick...

Ok ..... now I will laugh ..... :lol: because finally it’s somebody other than the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3